Jonathan Saunders F/W 09.10 New York

why must everything be equated to mcqueen and ghesquiere? it's all i've been reading the last three days. makes no sense to me.

i certainly don't see it in this. and ghesquiere certainly did not develop all those signatures he shows all the time,but crisobal did.

LOVE the prints!! That colorful cluster one is breathtaking. I like that he went alittle bit more structural, it adds another dimension to the prints.

It looks nice; I love where the structuralism in this collection converges with Saunders' signature prints, as in some of the looks from posts 18-20. The beginning is lackluster, then it kind of peaks in the middle and... plateaus nicely. :P

I really like Jonathan there's just something about his pieces that grabs my attention

I think this collection is true to Saunders' own aesthetics, strong colours and shapes, etc., and close to what he did when he first arrived on the scene and wowed everyone with the geometric blocking and organic collages which are seen everywhere for a few seasons now. While I like some pieces, especially the long dresses, and the fabric is fantastic, this collection doesn't strike me as much as his previous efforts...not new or innovative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually shooting that show for Shiseido...got HD video of the entire collection if anyone's interested, just needs a quick edit (or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->