Josh Beech (May 2008 - February 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Warm

37206_452962060912_21415640912_5841252_6790072_n.jpg

37206_452962070912_21415640912_5841254_52916_n.jpg

37206_452962080912_21415640912_5841256_2621989_n.jpg

H&M official facebook page

Saw Josh Beech at Soho, New York yesterday and took a picture w/ him! He's so cool!

Details!

I went to a job interview yesterday on Soho, and while walking, I saw Josh Beech! I wanted to approach him but he was going the opposite direction as me and he was on the phone. So I decided to go after him, after he got off the phone, I tapped him and asked for a picture and he said yeah! He was really cool and we had a small conversation that consisted of his gig. I told him I was going to go to the gig that was suppose to be for this upcoming Saturday, but he told me that it’s rescheduled and told me to check his MySpace. Then he let me take another picture. I asked when he was leaving New York and he told me he lives here now. Then I told him I saw Jeremy Young here last time as well and then he was like “oh really?!” and laughs*. After, he even asked for my name and gave me a handshake!

After that, I went to Starbucks. After sitting for an hr, I saw him walking outside of Starbucks!

He's really cool and friendly!

Where did you grow up?
Josh Beech: I grew up in south east London on the edge of Kent in a small town. It was pretty sick actually cos I had the best of both worlds as I was really near the country and spitting distance from the city.

How were you discovered?
Josh Beech: I was discovered by my booker Shezzzzza (Sherill smith) at Models 1 while I was at a festival in east London three years ago.

When did you start modeling?
Josh Beech: I started modeling about three months after I was scouted by Sherill as I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do modeling and didn’t think it was for me. My first Job was the Burberry campaign, which was really cool as it was with lots of other musicians.

Where do you live now?
Josh Beech: I have recently Just moved to NYC for a while. Not sure how long yet, but I am having a lot of fun. I am lucky enough to be living with a really amazing artist Harif Guzman and his dog Flip!

What did you do before modeling?
Josh Beech: All sorts of **** lol. I was at college and before that I was working for Tanglewood guitars and Virgin megastores.

Most memorable shoot?
Josh Beech: The Tommy shoot I just did was really fun, but there are lots that have been really memorable. Whenever I get to go to a country that I wouldn’t have ever thought of visiting, I have an amazing time. I feel very lucky.
thefashionisto

Our latest model of the month, Josh Beech hails from south east London, where he grew up in a small town on the edge of Kent. Near the country and a throw from the city, it would not be long before Josh went from attending school and working at Virgin to making his debut in Burberry’s spring 2008 campaign. With a significant casting beginning his book, Josh becoming an international star was only inevitable. Walking the runway from New York and Paris to Milan, Josh was tapped for a flurry of campaigns and editorials that have included work for Levi’s, Giuliano Fujiwara, Full Circle and Valentino to endless publications that include Dazed & Confused, L’Officiel Hommes and Vogue Italia just to name a few.

Before we kick off a round of interview questions, we share an exclusive set of photos taken of the d’men/DNA model by Aline & Jacqueline Tappia this past July. One of their favorite works to date, the Tappias had nothing but glowing reviews for Josh, but in his own words and straight to the point, the experience was “****ing cool, I really liked them and would love to work with them again. They really were rad.”
thefashionisto

Attachments

• joshexclusive0.jpg
    joshexclusive0.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
  • joshexclusive1.jpg
    joshexclusive1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 7
  • joshexclusive2.jpg
    joshexclusive2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1
  • joshexclusive3.jpg
    joshexclusive3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
  • joshexclusive4.jpg
    joshexclusive4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
  • joshexclusive9.jpg
    joshexclusive9.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4
  • joshexclusive8.jpg
    joshexclusive8.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 7
  • joshexclusive7.jpg
    joshexclusive7.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
  • joshexclusive6.jpg
    joshexclusive6.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
  • joshexclusive5.jpg
    joshexclusive5.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 3
thefashionisto

Attachments

• joshexclusive10.jpg
    joshexclusive10.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 3
  • joshexclusive11.jpg
    joshexclusive11.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
  • joshexclusive12.jpg
    joshexclusive12.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1
  • joshexclusive13.jpg
    joshexclusive13.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 4
  • joshexclusive14.jpg
    joshexclusive14.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 4
The 10 Loves of Josh Beech
My Family 2. My Friends
3. Writing Songs 4. Christmas Dinner
5. Finding New Music 6. Boxing
7. Sleeping 8. Juice
9. Whisky 10. Dogs​

List 10 songs on your iPod…

Josh Beech: ****, I have over seven thousand songs on my iPod. But I am listening a lot to my friend’s band Lower Than Atlantis–so check them out and also really into Bombay Bicycle Club and Colour right now.

What fellow models can you not go a week without talking to?

Josh Beech: Jeremy Young, George Barnett, Lenz Von Johnston
thefashionisto

GQ Style Italia F/W 10.11
'SATURDAY AFTERNOON IN THE CITY'

Ph:
Jonathan Frantini
Styling: Vilnius
Source: hommemodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics