Juergen Teller - Photographer

10ry.jpg

I really like some of his work a whole lot

Thanks for the thread anna, Juergen has long been a favourite photographer of mine.

My avatar is a juergen portrait of ysl.

you're welcome dijkers!

thanks for the pictures, jennifer!

i'll try to scan some from his first book..i really think he has changed since then.

so ...betty boop...what was your impression of jurgen???...:flower:

Juergen Teller has got to be one of my favourite artists! You've got to admit, a lot of his work is very genuine. I can't quite put my finger on it but his photography makes my heart sing. I think the latest advertisements (and all the other ones) for Marc Jacobs are so well done and so amusing. I really enjoy seeing humour in art.

except for the sofia coppola ads, his marc ads the last 1-2 years have been abysmal.
the may vogue ad where hes squeezing cindy shermans boobs is disgusting.
I think hes lost it, based on the marc ads.

softgrey said:
so ...betty boop...what was your impression of jurgen???...:flower:

He was very nice, I really enoyed the photoshoot. His wife was there as well as a stylist. When the shoot was over I wasn't too sure where to find the metro and they both took me there, really easy going and nice people :smile:
The funny thing is how I got the job. I went to him for a casting and he took a poloroid of me and asked me to write my name on som sort of a contract, I had no idea what it was about and didn't quite understand it so I said no, he said it was no biggie but I still said no, later I found out that it was for his new book and he wanted to get my permission to use the photo :unsure: which my agency allowed so I got into his book, a lousy non important poloroid :innocent:
Anyway, later on he was at the agency looking at composit cards and I was there, I was too busy listening to music and drawing that I didn't notice him (I was waiting to talk to my booker). Anyway, he liked how I was into my drawing and..... well, how rude I was :D:D well what do you expect from a 15 year old listening to Manson :lol:

anyhoo, he wanted me for the shoot and that's great :flower:

I scanned more photos from the Jurgen Teller photoshoot :smile:

there's one picture who's not of me, that is my old scetchbook :wink:

Attachments

• JurgenBlack.JPG
    JurgenBlack.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 114
  • JurgenDisc.JPG
    JurgenDisc.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 109
  • JurgenDraw.JPG
    JurgenDraw.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 80
  • JurgenSkirt.JPG
    JurgenSkirt.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 85
  • JurgenSun.JPG
    JurgenSun.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 86
  • JurgenPictures.JPG
    JurgenPictures.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 82
  • JurgenRose.JPG
    JurgenRose.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Great picks, Anna! The Elastica album is a very nice touch, hehe. The naked woman drinking is a great photo.

BettyBoop,I've got that Ann-Sofie Back story from Purple on my wall. Beautiful images :heart:

I also think Jürgen Teller had a tremendous influence over another photographer.... Mark Borthwick. Whom,regularly shot for Maison Martin Margiela. There's something realistic...it isn't fantasy pictures he takes really...they're kind of raw.

Thanks for pointing out his CD sleevework Anna,as I discovered whilst looking at the 1988 "Blue Bell Knoll" album of the Cocteau Twins...he was credited as the photographer :wink:

That was you Betty!!?? Wow! Well,you're staring me in the face at the moment :lol:

I love Mark Borthwick...
Lady Gray, did you see the Winona Ryder MJ ads? I thought those were great. The interior space was so nice.

thanks for sharing betty boop!
scott, you have betty boop on your wall!!:woot:
i think his humour is crucial...especially when it comes to his more personal work where he's dealing with his origin and family as can be seen in books/exhibitions as "märchenstüberl".
but i also find his marc jacobs campaigns quite funny though i wonder if they speak to marc jacobs' clientle?

did i really write "jüergen"? could someone please fix this to either ü or ue? thanks!

no anna...it's my mistake...sorry...

toohipforbrooklyn said:
liya is in that photoshoot right?? are there any solo pics of her shot by juergen?? i would :heart: to see them
She does have a solo but the photos posted are the only that I found online...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->