Juergen Teller - Photographer

Found most of the rest (under another subcategory... I only need motivation... :D)... but still, not Liya's. :lol:

Oh anyway... some more...

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-01.jpg
w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-02.jpg

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-04.jpg

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-03.jpg
w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-05.jpg

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-06.jpg
w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-07.jpg

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-08.jpg
w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-09.jpg

w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-10.jpg
w-fashionfreedomfighters-1202-13.jpg

anna karina said:
thanks for sharing betty boop!
scott, you have betty boop on your wall!!:woot:
i think his humour is crucial...especially when it comes to his more personal work where he's dealing with his origin and family as can be seen in books/exhibitions as "märchenstüberl".
but i also find his marc jacobs campaigns quite funny though i wonder if they speak to marc jacobs' clientle?

I know,isn't it hysterical?! Such a coincidence. I love those images so much. It was like a documentation of a poetic rebel...one with a certain innocence to her. And the Ann-Sofie clothes in that story inspired some my own creations that I've done. One of her best collections to me as there was loads of off-beat handstitching and recycled appliques in it.

As for MJ,I think that's the only good thing about MJ. I loved the one's with Kim Gordon and Charlotte Rampling. And the ones with Samantha Morton bouncing about were also good.

i actually find his marc jacobs ads very plain, but very interesting at the same time

Attachments

• jeisamarc.jpg
    jeisamarc.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 250
  • marcjacobs-02.jpg
    marcjacobs-02.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 172
Wow Scott, I'm on your walls? :o how flattering :blush: ...I really anjoy looking at you from your wall :wink: B)

Thanks Brian ^_^ *slap* :innocent:

Scott said:
I love those images so much. It was like a documentation of a poetic rebel...one with a certain innocence to her.

yes, that is something i miss a bit in his more recent work. he is getting more sarcastic which i like but the raw quality and insight of his old teenage rebel portraits seem to be gone...

I agree. I think that sarcasm is getting the best of him these days. There really isn't as much poetry in his work as it used to be.

Betty Boop said:
Wow Scott, I'm on your walls? :o how flattering :blush: ...I really anjoy looking at you from your wall :wink: B)

Thanks Brian ^_^ *slap* :innocent:

Are you still modelling much,B*? I know you said you had an agency....I might need somebody one of these days...and I love your look! Although,that sounds like typical fashion claptrap,I do mean that genuinely.

Betty Boop said:
There were more pictures but they are on another computer and not online.

He took these for Purple

:mohawk: thanks for posting them! Very cool....you have such a great face.

i'm thinking this guy is really over-hyped...in much the same way marc jacobs is really...so that's a pretty good fit imo...

and that he really isn't as fabulous as he thinks he is...
went to an exhibit of his work last year...and was accosted by a larger than life image of himself stark naked...

it wasn't pretty...:ninja:...

he might have had a certain edge at one point....but i think it's long gone...
i find his current work really uninteresting and flat...
self-indulgent...

Last edited by a moderator:
Juergen was once a favourite, but he's let me down over the past 4 or so years... the last great work of his I can remember were the Marc by Marc ads and an editorial in W with Tasha Tilberg (both from 2001, I think)

anyway, from his book Go-Sees:

Betty Boop :wink:

Inga:

Scott said:
Are you still modelling much,B*? I know you said you had an agency....I might need somebody one of these days...and I love your look! Although,that sounds like typical fashion claptrap,I do mean that genuinely.

I'm still with an agency but not modeliing really, my measurements have grown quite a lot and no one wants a model with big hips and bum. I used to be 92cm around the hips but I'm 100cm today. But I still find my self skinny, the rib cage is still peeping out and my hip bone aswell though not as much as it did :P I'm out of the market today, but I hope to go back in the market as a designer :wink:

an example of earlier(1994) work that i particularly like:heart::
sweetdevilchild.jpg

softgrey i know the kind of pictures your talking about, that's why i said he's becoming very sarcastic, even cynical sometimes. at the same time this is very ambivalent because in my opinion he is making money with something he strives to exposure.

teller1-large.jpg

The Clients, Haute Couture: Marie-Chantal of Greece, Paris, 1999 by Juergen Teller. From The Clients, published in W, March 1999. Courtesy the artist and Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York. © Juergen Teller.

isn't it cool that we've got pics of betty boop in here and she's here to tell us about the shoot and stuff...:woot:...

love the spot!!!...woo!!...:clap:
so cool...

Yes, I loved loved loved those pictures of Betty Boop. So fragile and beautiful.

anna karina said:
an example of earlier(1994) work that i particularly like :heart:

This was from an old i-D wasn't it? :huh: I remember loving the horns so much!

yes i loved that i-D magazine picture.....

some pics from the editorial of W (June/05) with Gisele Bundchen..
01f.jpg
02f.jpg

03f.jpg
04f.jpg

05f.jpg
06f.jpg

07f.jpg
08f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members