Juicy Couture F/W 11.12 : Raquel Zimmermann by Inez & Vinoodh

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
juice-ad.jpg

FRESHLY SQUEEZED ADS: Juicy Couture is breaking out two new ad campaigns in September magazines. One is for Juicy Couture sportswear, with the tag line “Couture Is Here” that’s written across model Raquel Zimmermann’s T-shirt. The ads, which show stylish images of Zimmermann with wind-swept hair, were shot in Manhattan by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. “We really wanted to stand behind the couture in Juicy Couture with this campaign so we played more to our fun, glamorous unapologetic side,” said LeAnn Nealz, president and chief creative officer of Juicy Couture. “We also wanted to showcase the true evolution of the brand’s most iconic item, the tracksuit, styled with modern ready-to-wear pieces.” Print ads will run in Vogue, Teen Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Vanity Fair, Interview and select regional magazines, as well as select key outdoor markets, including New York.

For ads for its Viva La Juicy fragrance, which is one of the top 10 prestige fragrances in the U.S., the company chose Sasha Pivovarova as the model. The ads, which feature Pivovarova lying on a couch holding a big bottle of Viva La Juicy, were also shot by van Lamsweerde and Matadin. “We took our inspiration from a beautiful girl in the afterglow of a wonderful evening,” said Nealz. “She gets dressed in couture, goes out to a party, has a great time, and even possibly gets into a bit of trouble. Nothing says ‘Viva La Juicy’ better than that.”

Juicy officials declined to disclose the fall ad budget for both campaigns. The fragrance ads are slated for the September editions of InStyle, Nylon and Teen Vogue, and the October editions of Vogue, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire and Nylon. - wwd

read the title and thought wtf? but i like it. looks like terry's work a little, though.

I like the change loveeed very Inez!!!

Leave it to Raquel and Inez & Vinoodh to make a trashy brand look decent.

i loved Meisel at Juicy... i don't like I&V for it but the clothes in the 2nd shot look good.

^Yeah, me too. Even though they look like cheap carnival promotional posters or something I'd take them over this boring ad.

Great to see another I&V+Raquel product. But I'm not feeling it yet.

Another campaign for Raquel?! She's the queen of this season!

This is all wrong. Raquel is a bad choice for the brand and I don't get why they changed photographers as Meisel's campaigns were the only good thing about Juicy Couture anyway.

Hate the first shot. Raquel in a school girl outfit? No thanks. The second one is alright even if the angle is strange and the leg looks like it's coming out of nowhere.

when i think of juicy couture, lisa cant automatically comes to mind. lisa cant is juicy couture. raquel is so wrong for this brand and this campaign is terribly weak.

meh Raquel looking to old in the shots
I like last season's ads better

i think i just realized that 'Juicy Couture' and 'John Galliano' share the same font

oh they fancy now...:lol:

PERFECT response to this!

I don't care how you dress it up, it is still Juicy couture. I'm also not sure how their demographic will react to Raquel, who while gorgeous certainly looks a little too mature for that Avril Lavigne-reject lookin' plaid ensemble they have her wearing in the ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->