Julia Dunstall

umm.. all these beautiful models are creating too much competition for some girls that want work!

Backstage @ Chanel Couture F/W 05

Chanel%20HC%20bks%20F5%20003.jpg

modemodels.com

JuliaGREGKADEL.jpg

Julia Dunstall by Greg Kadel. Greg shoots for Italian Vogue and Numero on a regular basis so for Julia to work with him this early in the "game" says great things about her....

nELL said:
i don't think julia is 5'10. When I met her she seemed smaller, more like 5'8. Shes very beautiful though.
Marilyn has her listed as 5'8" in fact B) Oops, it went up an inch in two days I see now.

1810_15326.jpg

mode model Julia Dunstall is ranked #50 on www.models.com Top 50 models. This is a hard list to get on and Julia hasn't even had a show season yet. Heather Marks is #20 and Julia #50. weeee hooooo

from modemodels.com

Julia's also in the sept. issue of teen vogue in an ed called " from russia with love" and the august issue of Italian Vogue in the "Neverland" ed.

She was in Chanel's Haute Couture show :smile: (Backstage pic if you scroll up)

CHANEL-HC-F5-4720.jpg

[elle.fr]

Sorry if this is posted, don't think it is, but does anyone know how old she is?

From www.models.com where she is indeed ranked 50 in the top 50.

JULIA_DUNSTALL1.gif

This Of The Minute alumni is speeding up the editorial charts, positioning her as an early favorite for the Spring/Summer 06 sweepstakes.

I think this girl is absolutely stunning and she blew me away in that FQ ed. I cannot wait to see her taking over the SS 06 runway :blush:

not 100% sure...but she looks like Julia to me
"Neverland" in August 05 Italia Vogue, photographer Steven Meisel
neverlandjulia8kg.jpg

neverlandjulia21wl.jpg

*pic: vogue italy website

Julia Dunstall by Geoff, Hung and Rita
JuliaGeoffRitaHungBlog.jpg

JuliaGeoffRitaHung.jpg

from modemodels.com

Donna Karan + Nina Ricci Resort F/W 05

Look who we have here.

46m.jpg
140m.jpg

[style.com]

it must be hard for her, I mean she does not have a regular model body. I'm not saying that shes fat, but she ain't skinny. and it will be really hard for her to make it big in fashion. She has to lose so weight

I dont know, you dont always have to have the skinniest body to make it, Jessica stam is a good example of this. Julia's well on her way to making it big, i dont believe she has even done a runway season yet shes raking in so many eds in big maagzines like vogue italia.

But Jessica Stam did loss weight through her way and Julia is bigger than Stam ever was.

perlefine said:
Look who we have here.
<- please do not quote photos. if you need to refer to one, do so by post number/position. Thank you ->
[style.com]
I think julias legs look great in this pic!

Last edited by a moderator:
ya! holy! look at thoes calves!

ps nell, im getting braces on tuesday

Julia Dunstall

August 12, 2005

It's not everyday the top makeup artist in Canada writes to rave about a model. Yet that's exactly what happened recently when modelresource received a note from Hung Vanngo extolling the virtues of Julia Dunstall.

A stunning farm girl from Gunn, Alberta, Dunstall has only been modelling full-time since April, and has already walked in a Chanel couture show in Paris, shot with Karl Lagerfeld and Steven Meisel and is appearing for the second time in Italian Vogue.

Her agent at Giovanni Models, Katie Martin, calls her "truly one of the most naturally beautiful women." Her mother agent, Mode Models' Kelly Streit, refers to Julia as a "re-book her" girl, and makes mention of her mellow, loves life attitude.

Modelresource met with the modest 20-year-old when she was in Toronto recently to shoot for Holt Renfrew.

Modelresource (MR:( How long have you been modelling?

Julia Dunstall (JD:( They (Mode Models) have known me since I was 12, but I didn't want to do anything until I was finished school.

MR: Do you think you could have handled this lifestyle earlier, like when you were 16?

JD: No. Definitely not. I was really shy and certainly not confident enough to be able to do this.

MR: What's it like being in New York?

JD: Pretty crazy. Gunn is the middle of nowhere. You have to drive an hour to get to the city. So being right in the New York City is really good because I can take the bus and hang out with friends and do different things.

It's weird going back home to the farm. Two different worlds, definitely. It's always good to go home though.

MR: Did you know much about modelling before you started?

JD: Not really. I was tomboyish and didn't want to do modelling because it was for girly-girls.

I'm trying though. It takes a while because there are a lot of names to remember, and it happens so quickly because you're meeting a new bunch of people everyday.

MR: Have you encountered any surprises along the way?

JD: It surprises me how much work it is… how tiring it is. It's not how they portray it.

Especially in the beginning it's like go, go, go all the time. You're shooting until late then waking up early. It's hard work.

MR: Are you getting used to the attention?

JD: Not really, no. It's really weird because I've always been really shy.

MR: Other than shy, how would you describe yourself?

JD: Easy-going. Crazy sometimes. I have fun when I'm with my friends, like throwing each other around on the streets.

MR: Have you developed any new interests since you started modelling?

JD: I'm just learning how to skateboard in New York. And taking guitar lessons.

MR: Are you staying in a models apartment there?

JD: I'm trying to find my own place. Models apartments are interesting but I'd like people to be able to come visit. They can't really do that now.

MR: How are you finding Toronto, and Giovanni?

I was here in April. It's where I started. I really like it here. It's smaller than New York. A lot slower paced, but still cool.

MR: And Mode Models?

JD: Really great. Very supportive. Kelly's always phoning to say 'hi,' when I'm up on the farm. It's like 'Hey, how's it going up there.' He's really cool.

MR: He's from a small town in Alberta too.

JD: That's right. It's the small town connection.

MR: What about Women Management in New York?

JD: They've really been pushing me, which is why I'm doing so well.

MR: What do you want after this is all done?

JD: If I can make some money I'd really like to get a ranch in the mountains.

MR: Do you have any plans for further schooling?

JD: I think so, but I'm not sure what I would take yet. Probably something with kids.

From modelresource.ca

I don't think she's large... she's 34-24-34 according to Women and 34-25-35 according to Mode. She looks nice and healthy and I think she's absolutely gorgeous! She looks kind of like your average pretty girl in the 2nd cruise pic though... I don't know, something about her is just so good in my opinion. I have a magazine with an editorial of hers in it and there's a bit from the photographer saying she inspired him and that rarely happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->