Julien Macdonald A/W 2004 London FW

Erzébeth

Reaction score
some looks i like:

00080f.jpg

00070f.jpg

00090f.jpg
00200f.jpg

personally i see potential to refine the good bits, he could reinvent his look, weed out the bad taste and hope people will forget :D

:o :blink: I swear those four outfits could pass as Valentino. But I actually really like them...

very different for mcdonald...is it a bit conservative? something's strange...but i love it!

Julien Macdonald Says May Quit London Fashion Week
Wed Feb 18, 1:12 PM ET

By Jason Hopps and Peter Griffiths

LONDON (Reuters) - British designer Julien Macdonald, one of London Fashion Week's biggest stars, said on Wednesday he may quit the event for Milan because of a lack of funding and buyers.

His warning echoed a common criticism of the twice-yearly shop window -- it is fun, funky and cutting-edge but not grand or glamorous enough to attract the world's most high-profile designers, who head for New York, Paris or Milan.

"There just aren't the facilities to keep the top designers here," Macdonald, dubbed the Welsh Gianni Versace for his flesh-revealing gowns, told the London Evening Standard newspaper.

"The government needs to give the British fashion industry more funding. I am the one who stayed but if I don't get the international press and buyers, I will show in Milan next season," he said.

Stuart Rose, the new head of the British Fashion Council, has said one of his priorities is to generate more publicity and money for fashion week to supplement the 400,000 pounds ($762,600) granted each year by government.

On the catwalks on Wednesday, British fashion houses Ghost and Jean Muir unveiled contrasting autumn/winter collections.

At Veteran British label Jean Muir, sexy silhouettes were teamed with its trademark understated elegance.

Models glided down the catwalk in truffle brown suede, misty blue cashmere and soft tweeds typical of the brand's stylish conservatism.

"It's demure luxury," said Joyce Fenton-Douglas, the label's head designer. Muir, a doyenne of British fashion who championed the little black dress, died in 1995, but the label has lived on.

The designers stayed true to the label's "less is Muir" philosophy, with flattering jackets cut close in muted colors.

Models with their hair swept up and back wore belted tweed suits and coats in black quilted wool, charcoal herringbone and sage green tweed.

Sleeveless goatskin shrugs covered tight, lacy cashmere sweaters with flirty short skirts. One model led a little white dog down the catwalk.

Later, Ghost unveiled a trademark floaty, feminine collection that stuck to pastel blues, pinks and lilacs while pushing the elegant to the border of casual.

Models wore flowing knee-length skirts and scarves with knitted-on mittens while layered, diaphanous dresses fluttered.

A new addition for Ghost was drainpipe jeans, which were cut just above the ankle.

Singer and television personality Cilla Black told Reuters after the show: "I want everything. I can't wear everything because I'm of a certain age but my name's on more than eight outfits."

:lol: at "dubbed the Welsh Gianni Versace."

Originally posted by Atelier@Feb 19th, 2004 - 8:22 am
Talk about being damned with faint praise... :unsure:

Originally posted by tealady+Feb 19th, 2004 - 9:39 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Feb 19th, 2004 - 9:39 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Atelier@Feb 19th, 2004 - 8:22 am
Talk about being damned with faint praise... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
The irony is that he probably thinks that this is a great compliment !!! :cry:

I've gone off him after what he said to the female stewardess on Eurostar !!! :wink:

KIT :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kit@Feb 19th, 2004 - 4:41 pm
I've gone off him after what he said to the female stewardess on Eurostar !!! :wink:

Oh KIT, I live in a box so do tell what he said to her (if it wouldn't get you into too much trouble that is :innocent: )

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Feb 19th, 2004 - 12:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Feb 19th, 2004 - 12:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-kit@Feb 19th, 2004 - 4:41 pm

Oh KIT, I live in a box so do tell what he said to her (if it wouldn't get you into too much trouble that is :innocent: ) [/b][/quote]
If you will excuse my ' French ' , he told her to move her ' fat **** ' !!! :rolleyes:

NICE !!! :shock:

I DON'T think !!! :blink:

KIT :innocent:

he's so not original,
he cannot even keep his welsh versace title well..
now he turns to welsh valentino :rolleyes:

those photos posted here may be the only decent clothes i've ever seen coming from julien :innocent:

I see nothing progressive about the outfits posted, I do think Valentino :ninja: thanks for sharing the fotos though :flower:

they're better than what he usually does but Macdonald lacks something.. I can't figure out quite what it is, but his designs just never really work for me

is that louise pedersen in the last pic?

she isnt so hot there or in real life

Originally posted by kit+Feb 19th, 2004 - 12:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kit @ Feb 19th, 2004 - 12:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Feb 19th, 2004 - 12:11 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-kit
@Feb 19th, 2004 - 4:41 pm
I've gone off him after what he said to the female stewardess on Eurostar !!!  :wink:

Oh KIT, I live in a box so do tell what he said to her (if it wouldn't get you into too much trouble that is :innocent: )
If you will excuse my ' French ' , he told her to move her ' fat **** ' !!! :rolleyes:

NICE !!! :shock:

I DON'T think !!! :blink:

KIT :innocent:[/b][/quote]
SEE ;-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,...1109475,00.html

AND

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,...1109476,00.html

Thank you Julien . :cry:

KIT :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads