Julien Macdonald F/W 14.15 London

agee

Reaction score
Julien Macdonald RTW Fall 2014
February 16, 2014

Ladies who prefer to keep their charms hidden need not apply. Julien Macdonald has been showing glittering, peekaboo evening wear for the past few seasons, and his heavily embellished fall collection was no exception.

There were gowns with golden sunbursts picked out across the side and front; a long backless dress whose copper surface glistened like the scales of a fish; short, sheer numbers tricked out with black ostrich feathers; and mesh ones paved with a mosaic of flame-colored sparkles.

It was all unmistakably Macdonald, but this designer has so much more to offer. The man who made his name with knitwear in all of its glorious iterations should slip in a few of the more discreet day pieces. Charm comes in many guises.
wwd.com

Julien Macdonald RTW F/W 2014-2015 London
Source: wwd via gossiprocks.com
Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3

this is all just kind of one-trick-pony kind of design, right?

I mean, how many more sheer panels and strategically placed embellishments are we going to see from him.

I find the fit and the hems of some of the dresses quite messy as well. That nude/black feather monstrosity looks like an arts and crafts project.

It's very Haute Couture like, every single pieces look seriously detail. Red carpet darling

I think Donatella and Ricardo Tisci should sue this guy for ripping them off! lol. It's sometimes hard to believe he once headed Givenchy. Still some nice pieces in this collection though. Rita Ora and Ellie Goulding would be pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->