Jumpers F/W 06.07

Avant Garde

Reaction score
May 3, 2006 – Girl "grups" rejoice: Jumpers have returned, just in time for "back-to-school" dressing. Alice Roi layered hers over coy Peter Pan collared-shirts. "This way, they're sporty and cute, she said. "But worn alone, they can be sexy and strong." If Chloé's belonged in the former camp, Matthew Williamson's gilt-spangled style and Chanel's navy knit number, worn with a bow-tied blouse and gauntlets, fell firmly in the latter. Likewise, Donna Karan's gathered gray woolen version—nodding to her Seven Easy Pieces collection, it had a sharp, professional look. Tory Burch and Pollini's Rifat Ozbek, meanwhile, used jumpers to time travel. "The sixties shape looks modern," said Ozbek, adding, "the jumper dress is an easy, clean, and wearable silhouette for the everyday woman." Especially the ones that don't want to grow up

Reyes’ grin-and-bare-it jumper. / Bib and tucker: At 3.1 Phillip Lim, a jumper was layered over a metallic top.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

A garden-ready jumper at TIBI. / Straphanger style at Thakoon.

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

School daze: Alice Roi’s take on the jumper—“pristine with a hint of a sinister mood shining through.” / Pocket change at Chanel.

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

Tweedy bird at Etro. / An office-ready jumper at Donna Karan.

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

Toeing the line at Moschino. / Sweet as pie at Chloé.

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

(style.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Belle weather at Louis Vuitton. / Getting a jump on it at Proenza Schouler.

11m.jpg
12m.jpg

In full bloom: Abaeté’s sashed, floral jumper over leggings. / The power of plaid at Luella.

13m.jpg
14m.jpg

Behnaz Sarafpour's slip of a jumper. / Warm and wooly at Strenesse.

15m.jpg
16m.jpg

Swinging on by at Pollini by Rifat Ozbek. / The gold standard at Matthew Williamson.

17m.jpg
18m.jpg

A long shot at Anna Sui. / The key to success at Tory Burch.

19m.jpg
20m.jpg

(style.com)

beautiful...

my friend and I have been thinking about these and collecting random ones from thrift stores for a while. it's nice to see they're going to be relevent. I love the practicality of them...they're truly a functional piece of clothing.

there's something rather edwardian to them...especially ones in black or grey with a little more waist to them. the drop waisted ones are very 20s. all good stuff. :heart:

I like the black and beige/grey ones. I don't like if they are too 'school-girl', but if they're done very minimalistically, it's great. I think the fur in the first picture also suits to the look!

For some strange reason, I seem to be in love with that gold sequin top at 3.1 Philip Lim:blink:

Love this! I'm going to start looking for one...I hope I can wear it and not look like a kid...

I think theyre so adorable and are versatile :smile:

I love jumpers. For me they'll always be in style. :heart:

Thanks for posting, Avant!

I love it! But tehy are not so easy to find in shops. I hope I can buy a cute one for next winter.

really cute! need to go to the thrift store, maybe there's few of these..

liking esp. luella, thakoon and etro

Yppe said:
I love it! But tehy are not so easy to find in shops. I hope I can buy a cute one for next winter.
Do go to a thrift/consignment store... I always find the best pieces there ^_^ And that's where I found my adorable jumpers..

That's not really what I would wear...but it looks adorable...^agree with the-smiths...it's playful...childish.

I love jumpers, they can be girlish or womanly depending on the cut. I love layering different tops under them too. Great pictures!

I like this! They're so cute, especially the ones from Reyes, Donna Karan, Chloé, Proenza Schouler, Abaeté and Behnaz Sarafpour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbach
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->