Neil Barret Uomo F/W 2004

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
It’s always night and cold. The polar wind is soaked with ice and to cross the Antarctic he needs a suitable clothing. Heavy and round boots, leg-guards in leather and nylon defending pants from the frost. Hoods fastened in numberless ways, but hermetically, while hats are completely lined with fur. This explorer has a huge number of jackets in his wardrobe: three-quarter-length trenches, short windbreakers and classic sheepskin jackets. And yet vests worn over the jumpers or under the jackets. Wool cloth, leather and glossy or satin fabrics give elegance at the Pole’s half-light producing black, gray and blue reflections.

i liked the simplicity in this, a cool and tame sportswear collection , loved the leg-guards, hated the sheepskin (which is all over the place for Milan designers)

i like this B)

i basically like men in classic/ modern attire ,no hard core vintage looks, or overtly'lux' fabrics like fur. it seems that these recent collections we are dicussing are just trying to hard ( versace, cavalli.etc)

there seems to be a continuing trend towards 'safe' more commercial looks that somehow fit in wardrobes for seasons to come.
my only problem with barret's recent work is the lack of colour, it's really missing this well balanced collection.

With his signature menswear collection, Neil Barrett has become known for simply classical pieces that are set apart by a singular attention to detail. His success with fashion that doesn’t frighten men is the result of these subtle adjustments and a very thoughtful design process.

That's what made me a fan of him. :heart: Based on the photos posted this seems very him, I like some pieces. :blush: Though I can't decide if this is a strong collection for him. :unsure:

Thanks for posting Lena! :flower:

this sportswear is amazing...neil barrett like michael kors (hermes and armani, in lesser degrees) creates the best in unassuming, yet fashionable, clothes.

:flower: I really like it, for some reason the lack of colour seems to suit the style of clothing, it's perfect for fall

the clothes are wonderful - classic :blush: I guess the lack of colours may be a problem, but it seems to suit this collection - it adds to the cool understated yet fashionable feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->