Justice

candysweet21

Reaction score
Justice is a French electro house duo consisting of Gaspard Augé (b. 21 May 1979) and Xavier de Rosnay (b. 2 July 1982). They are the most successful group on Ed Banger Records and are managed by the label's head, Pedro Winter. Their main trademark is a large light-up cross that shines throughout their shows. A controversial group among dance music fans, they are known for incorporating a strong rock influence into their music and image.

Justice first came to prominence through their 2003 remix of Simian's track "Never Be Alone," created for a Paris college radio station's remix contest. The remix resulted in the group being signed to Ed Banger (which released it) and became a hit in clubs and on the internet. The song was re-released in 2004 on DJ Hell's International DeeJay Gigolo Records and eventually given a commercial release in the UK in the summer of 2006, under the title "We Are Your Friends," on Ten Records, a sub-label of Virgin Records.
After the original release of "Never Be Alone", Justice worked on remixes for a number of French groups (Vicarious Bliss, Scenario Rock, Gambit) as well as for larger mainstream acts such as Britney Spears, N*E*R*D, Fatboy Slim and Daft Punk. Justice's first solo single, "Waters of Nazareth", was released on Ed Banger Records in September 2005 and was championed by DJs such as Erol Alkan, Tiga, 2 Many DJ's and Ivan Smagghe. The track was re-released in 2006 with additional remixes. The duo's prolific remix work continued, as they turned in mixes for Franz Ferdinand, Mystery Jets, Soulwax and, most recently, Mr. Oizo.

Justice won the award for Best Video at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2006, for Justice vs. Simian - "We Are Your Friends". Augé and de Rosnay were not present at the ceremony, and the award was accepted by label art director So_Me and video director Jérémie Rozan. So_Me was famously interrupted mid-speech by American rapper Kanye West, who went onto the stage arguing that he should have won the award instead.

Justice have been confirmed to do a mix for the Fabriclive series in 2007, and their debut album, titled , was released on Ed Banger Records on June 11, 2007. The album was released in the United States on Downtown/Ed Banger. The album was preceded by the D.A.N.C.E. EP, released on May 28, 2007, which featured the tracks "Phantom" and their own remix of "D.A.N.C.E." titled "B.E.A.T". "D.A.N.C.E." was nominated for "Video of the Year at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards.

On the first of November Justice recieved the "Video Star" award at the European Music Awards in Munich.

Justice performed at the 2007 Coachella festival, the Fuji Rock Festival in Niigata, Japan, the Hultsfred Festival in Hultsfred, Sweden, the Oxegen festival in Kildare, Ireland, the Vieilles Charrues Festival in Carhaix, France, the Roskilde Festival in Roskilde, Denmark, Pukkelpop, a Belgian festival in Hasselt and the Lowlands festival in The Netherlands. Justice's performance at Coachella in 2007 was their first ever live music performance per se. The band's performances before Coachella had seen them DJ using either turntables or CD mixers.

Saw them live twice and and think their shows are a lot of fun. My favourite Ed Banger artist is Sebastian though, his approach to deconstruction makes him more than a live act.

We are your friends and D.A.N.C.E are my favourite Justice songs :heart:

I love SebastiAn too. My favourite Justice songs are Stress, New Jack, Genesis and We Are Your Friends. I wish Gaspard wold talk more in interviews though.

SebastiAn is my favorite as well, ha ha.

I haven't heard any new Ed Banger stuff for several months, in fact I should probably get some more right now. It's definitely a cool label, and French dance music has been pretty damn good lately.

the D.A.N.C.E. video is brilliant... done by the same guys who did kanye west's the good life video. also went to their gig in montreal last month and they're amazing live!!

Kanye used the same director for the good life from we are your friends not D.A.N.C.E. I wanted to go to their concert in MTL but couldn't.

I love ALL the tracks in the album "Cross" apart from Stress. The song is really tiring, omg.

I love Justice.. The video to D.A.N.C.E is Awesome...
Have you also listen to Party - Justice feat. Uffie? It's really good I always listen to it when I'm preparing myself to go out whether I'm going to a party or clubbing:heart:

i love D.A.N.C.E. too. i think they're going to play in downtown LA for new years eve/new year. too bad i can't see them :/

I love Justice.. The video to D.A.N.C.E is Awesome...
Have you also listen to Party - Justice feat. Uffie? It's really good I always listen to it when I'm preparing myself to go out whether I'm going to a party or clubbing:heart:

:woot::woot::woot::woot:!!!

Also Kanye West used the same director for his video with the same concept and everything because of what happened at the 2006 EMAs haha

Is there some kind of fued between them?

No issues with Justice but I'd sure like to pop the glock on Uffie :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->