Justin Timberlake’s New Role: Face of Parfums Givenchy

Surfhus

Reaction score
Justin Timberlake — singer, actor and now model. Parfums Givenchy has just announced that the star is the new face of it’s latest men’s fragrance. “Beyond his huge celebrity appeal, we have chosen Justin Timberlake because he is a world recognized trendsetter who redefines modern elegance says Alain Lorenzo, President and CEO of Parfums Givenchy. Timberlake is in good company — Liv Tyler is the current face of their women’s fragrances. The new campaign featuring Timberlake will be unveiled in June 2008 and will be launched in two stages, beginning in the Fall of 2008, with a worldwide roll out across 2009. But the real question is — will the ads bring sexy back?

-People.com

Who is making these decisions??!! Honestly!! Givenchy has stooped really low to do this.

I have never, and will never understand his appeal. He's like a Ken doll with an annoying little boy voice.

Or he's Rod Stewart's second coming - Do ya think I'm sexy...bringing sexy back....blah....anyone who uses sexy in their titles is boring :yuk:

Justin? That sleazy, annoying prick for Givenchy? What the ..?:doh::doh:

..and yet it is marketing genious on Givenchy`s part. Will most likely bring in a slew of young new customers. I am curious to see the adverts myself

ew...why...he is not a model.
I don't think that really matters anymore and i think it's better off this way, celebs are closer to us "mere mortals" than models are nowadays [look-wise].

People are making these judgements on these ads so prematurely. I'm going to wait and see how they come out. Like mishahoi said this is a really great marketing strategy, the man is an international superstar and will bring in a new demographic, if not fortify one for Givenchy.

I went today to check out that givenchy parfum for men, and the smell is tdf, but it so doesnt suit the justin timberflake look.

I have never, and will never understand his appeal. He's like a Ken doll with an annoying little boy voice.

Justin is a poodle! a high pitched poodle. :yuk:

...Please don't put down Ken doll like that:( if any celebrity looks like Ken that will be Jason Lewis.^_^

He looks like he smells... But i'll wait till the ads come out to comment any further.

I think its a good marketing strategy because he is 'popular'. But definitely by getting him, Givenchy is already isolating the more desirable part of their clientele.

Well I know he could certainly model Very Irrestible pour homme par Givenchy as it is actually the worst scent I have ever smelt in my life (save Barbie perfume, of course).

Seriously, why would an Haute Couture house hire someone who looks like a noone?
It's tragic.

Who makes these decisions?!?!?!?

Why is anyone surprised? It's all about reaching a broad audience and making crazy money.

Why is anyone surprised? It's all about reaching a broad audience and making crazy money.
They could've used someone [anyone] else for that campaign as well. For example.. Christian Bale. He's very popular among the female population.^_^

^ ... or Brad Pitt! or Johnny Depp! Hell, i'd buy the whole counter if their heavenly faces is n the campaign. *sighs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->