Justin Timberlake’s New Role: Face of Parfums Givenchy

People are making these judgements on these ads so prematurely. I'm going to wait and see how they come out. Like mishahoi said this is a really great marketing strategy, the man is an international superstar and will bring in a new demographic, if not fortify one for Givenchy.

Thank you for making this statement...we haven't even seen it yet and people seem so angry...

They could've used someone [anyone] else for that campaign as well. For example.. Christian Bale. He's very popular among the female population.^_^

That may be true...but this is a fragrance for men, so I don't know if that would be the smartest choice if they are looking to reach a new audience.

Jesus...

LVMH is going to murder Givenchy too...Drag it down with Dior and LV.

Id love them use someone like that guy from the Bond movie (jesus, not Pierce, the new one) or Francois Sagat.

God, Id die when a big house uses p*rn stars for the face of a fragrance. It'd be so refreshing. Francois the face of Ange ou Demon Pour Homme? C'mon does that not make you laugh? He'd look amassin in some Boateng/Tisci Demon/Angel couture-action. seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I could see that...his look is great. While I don't personally love Timberlake for the campaign, I'm waiting to see what it looks like. Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Tisci taking over the menswear? I think it would've been great to establish a look for the menswear first and then relaunch the campaign.

oh then Timberlake is all wrong for Givenchy Menswear by Tisci, Timberlake is more suited for trash.

I swore I already posted about this, but I'll say it again... I am NOT looking forward to this. Justin and Givenchy? It's just all wrong. :ermm:

Ugh, Justin Timberlake is seriously hideous. He sort of looks like a chicken and his high pitched voice is so annoying. I will never understand what is attractive about him, and I don't understand why they chose him.

See, this is why I don't like most mass market perfumes. The perfume is probably not going to be very good, and the marketing is trashy. I have no desire at all to buy things because of celebrities, and I don't want to be them either. It's just celebrity overload for me I'm afraid.

If Tisci is taking over I don't see how Justin fits in. Pick Gaspard Ulliel please; he's French, photographs well, is a little dark and mysterious with that scar. :P

^ great post! I agree with everything, especially with Gaspard wish... *sigh* ...

Jesus...

LVMH is going to murder Givenchy too...Drag it down with Dior and LV.

Id love them use someone like that guy from the Bond movie (jesus, not Pierce, the new one) or Francois Sagat.

God, Id die when a big house uses p*rn stars for the face of a fragrance. It'd be so refreshing. Francois the face of Ange ou Demon Pour Homme? C'mon does that not make you laugh? He'd look amassin in some Boateng/Tisci Demon/Angel couture-action. seriously.

New Bond guy is Daniel Craig. Yes, it's not that I'm against non-models for the fragrance it's just that I'd never imagine Timberlake + Givenchy together...

Well I know he could certainly model Very Irrestible pour homme par Givenchy as it is actually the worst scent I have ever smelt in my life (save Barbie perfume, of course).

Seriously, why would an Haute Couture house hire someone who looks like a noone?
It's tragic.

Who makes these decisions?!?!?!?

actually, try VI pour Homme Fresh Attitude. it's much better than the original.

on Justin. he was hot during Justified. but since he started to work extensively with Timbaland, he kinda went down the drain. FutureSex/LoveSound is still a great album, but aesthetics-wise.... besides, he's been EVERYWHERE now. his own album, the Timbo album, Duran Duran, 50 Cent, Madonna... really, i could use a break from JT.

Well,i'm dying to see it.He's far from hideous to me!:wub:

The ads look great :heart:

2reh6xs.jpg

2duf1b9.jpg

2m7hxef.jpg

SOURCE

I really don't like the ads. :ninja:

I don't see any connection to Givenchy or the perfume. It's Justin in the studio and on his private jet? I don't get it. :huh:

Why doesn't he just come out with a "Justin Timberlake Cologne" or whatever. This just looks like an editorial about his celeb life. I love how the perfume is all the way in the corner, like the product was a complete afterthought "oh yeah, perfume! Forgot that's what this is for." Blah, boring celeb junk.:rolleyes:

It's named "Play" it's a connected with his career and his lifestyle, that's how I interpret it anyway.

So how does that work with Givenchy, its image and Tisci at all then??

Maybe they're looking to capture a new demographic, A fragrance for the man of today, combining both work and play, I don't know :lol: I'm going to simply enjoy the ads and hopefully fragrance smells divine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->