JW Anderson F/W 2019.20 London

There is something about this that I really, really love. I wouldn't say I was a fan of his nor would I say I hated his work, but rather it never moved me in one direction or another. But this collection I find to be beautiful. My favourite looks are looks 3 and 4 in the first post so much, the way the coat/wrap/jacket things are cut. Very beautiful.

Is he all of a sudden auditioning for Balenciaga? Reminds me too much of it.

It´s the first time I like one thing coming from this guy, I love this cape:
ksDHLuGd_o.jpg
vogue.com

I like the cape too, but it’s a exact copy of an old Bonnie Cashin design.

:blink: Thanks for the info! Then I don´t like it...I would like to see the original. It´s a question of time it shows here: Stephanie Lake, PhD, Owner. (@bonniecashinarchive) • Instagram photos and videos

Or here: https://www.instagram.com/cashincopy/

EDIT AGAIN: Here´s the original
e53f693f257f4772d87a298e322ccea0-216x300.jpg

Index of /

Shame for Anderson!! Mediocre display of laziness!

Last edited:
What in the hell is Odell Beckham Jr doing at a JWA show?:lol::lol:

Honestly, it’s stunning. Interesting shapes and unlike before, the woman is not lost. There are so many things that I like here. Another win for JWA and i’m sure between this and Marc, Sydney is now regretting putting MGC at Dior.

This makes me even more excited for Loewe.

I like bits and pieces of some looks rather than the entire thing, but maybe three pieces in all. I hate the fit of most of everything here. I'm a fan of the oversized look, but not when it looks like you can fit two people in your dress. Overall it's a huge miss for me.

I am tired of anything oversized. Has been done many times for years BUT still loving JWA because he visually challenges everyone. Nice demonstration of layering, of playing with colors, etc.

the tailored pieces, the jackets mainly, are the best.
a lot of the rest feels ... messy

Ok, this collection was wild! Loved it! Best thing for me from the fashion weeks so far..

Really strong. This feels like him but yet so luxurious and elevated. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->