Karl Lagerfeld's influence on music.

ibimus

Reaction score
Well, we've all heard the stories about Karl's 100s of iPods, but I didn't know about this one!

< Home < Steinway Pianos < The Limited Edition Collection
kl-piano.jpg

150th Anniversary
Limited Edition Lagerfeld

by Karl Lagerfeld
Model A - 6'2"

To celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Steinway & Sons, renowned international fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has created a commemorative piano reflecting his bold yet impeccable style. With dramatic, highly-polished red and elegant black satin finishes, this stunning instrument is a study in powerful contrasts. And Mr. Lagerfeld's innovative design features a rectangular music desk and legs.

kl-hero.jpg
Winner of numerous honors and awards throughout his career, Mr. Lagerfeld is one of the most celebrated fashion designers of the 20th Century. A native of Hamburg, Germany, he was 17 when he first entered the world of haute couture. Mr. Lagerfeld's unique vision has led famous companies like Chloe, Valentino, Fendi and Chanel to the pinnacle of high fashion success. And the collections he has designed for the Karl Lagerfeld brand have also brought him international acclaim.Mr. Lagerfeld is known for his bold vision, use of bright colors and unusual pairing of styles. His innovative spirit and design genius are beautifully expressed in the Steinway 150th Anniversary Limited Edition Piano.

http://www.steinway.com/steinway/limited_edition/karl_lagerfeld.shtml

How interesting!

Karl's aesthetic is getting really dated. And it's especially apparent with that piano.

i played piano for so many years, been to numerous competitions, performances, recitals etc...
honestly, if they had that piano at anywhere, i think the people would be too busy laughing.
it looks like a toy. stick to clothing, karl

Diorling said:
I didnt realize...That Piano is so 80s
i was thinking that..haha
change the color to neon green and magenta and i'm ready to disco!B)

i quite like it... dot really sure about those legs though

i think karl lagerfeld is becoming/has become some sort of a worldwide influence as Andy Warhol was in his time... he is an icon himself (physically) as andy was, and he designs clothes, pianos, champagne bottle-cases, produces videos, takes photos, does advertising, creates a CD music selection, owns ipods, and collects art pieces from furnitures to antique rings!
who could ever do that, being at least 80% succesful as he may be!

Well atleast I'm thankful that Louis Vuitton haven't decided to go ahead and make pianos. Oh God imagine a monogram piano.

^^ i'm surprised gucci doesnt make "guccissima" leather pianos... it would be perfect for our Pointless Designer Accessories! and you could always buy the matching eraser, pencil and notebook... all of them gucci!!lol

I like how douty it is. It reminds me of painfully boring piano lessons from my early years.

ilaughead said:
Karl's aesthetic is getting really dated. And it's especially apparent with that piano.

Really? To me, his designs for Chanel <at least for the Sprin/Summer 07 RTW line> has gotten younger which appeals to me. A lot. or am i reading your post wrongly?:blush:

and I like the piano. Red and Black. Love that combination!!!:heart:

happyguy said:
Really? To me, his designs for Chanel <at least for the Sprin/Summer 07 RTW line> has gotten younger which appeals to me. A lot. or am i reading your post wrongly?:blush:

and I like the piano. Red and Black. Love that combination!!!:heart:

Not 'dated' as in 'old woman-ish' (though that is exactly what his couture and Monte-Carlo collections are), but rather 'dated' as in too 80's/90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->