Hilfiger drops Lagerfeld's line

here comes the update :wink:

ISLAND LIFE: Although Tommy Hilfiger Corp. pulled the plug on Karl Lagerfeld's New York operation last week — returning the Lagerfeld Collection business back to Paris and ending the Karl Lagerfeld contemporary line — that won't keep the designer from pursuing his love affair with the New York. Lagerfeld said Friday he would continue to show Lagerfeld Collection during New York Fashion Week, shooting ad campaigns and editorials in Manhattan — and he held out the possibility that he might bring the Chanel cruise line back Stateside after a successful outing at Grand Central Terminal last month. "I'm very much a fan of showing abroad. Fashion can be like an ambassador," he quipped. To be sure, Lagerfeld is forever on the move. Just back from the U.S., he's off to Rome this week for Fendi, and already is plotting a fashion show in Monte Carlo in December for Chanel's luxury pre-fall collection. And besides preparing for the upcoming Chanel couture show, Lagerfeld's other sundry projects include lensing a new eyewear campaign for Chanel, this one starring Shalom Harlow.

Hum .. thanks, Le!

It seems that TH wanted to stop the rumour mill and all those what if's ...

The collection he put out was not that appealing. I love Lagerfeld Gallery, but this was not really anything like it. I didn't desire a single piece from it. Now I know I wasn't the only one.

true, i wasn't too thrilled with the line, it wasn't exactly "lagerfeld", at least as i've know it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
GalleriaResident said:
But Tommy Hilfiger got more attention from apex? For what Hilfigher is pure garbage its a joke to wear trailer trash doesnt even wear hilfiger.

It's about brand awareness. Ask anybody who Tommy Hilfiger is, and they'll instantly think of his red, white and blue identity. Ask someone who Karl Lagerfield is and most won't know. Although there's BIG differences in quality and style, TH will make more money in the end.

I heard about this a couple of days ago in the LA Times.

I really didn't like the collection all that much, but I did think it would do well... It just goes to show how capricious the industry is- even for a designer like Karl Lagerfeld.

Karl Lagerfeld label SHUT DOWN!!!

Published: Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Lagerfeld Supports Hilfiger Decision
By Miles Socha
PARIS — According to Karl Lagerfeld, "bridge" is a term for dentistry, not fashion.

That's why Lagerfeld supported Tommy Hilfiger Corp.'s decision last month to shut down the fledgling New York-based Karl Lagerfeld label, returning the focus of the business back onto his Paris-based designer collection.

wwd.com

Uh.

So wait, Lagerfeld encourages the shutting down of his own business? He's not doing a very good job at saving face...

i cant even remember what the last collection looked like...:innocent:

Jeezus so many labels shutting down latley.. fashion is not doing to good, is it?

Fendi and Chanel by Karl are better, and sell a lot better

From what I got from it they are just closing the lower priced line that Lagerfeld designed exclusively right after the company was bought by Hilfiger.

I can totally understand why he has decided to do this actually. Like someone else mentioned he does much better with Chanel & Fendi.

Mutterlein said:
From what I got from it they are just closing the lower priced line that Lagerfeld designed exclusively right after the company was bought by Hilfiger.
Ya, Lagerfeld Gallery (er, Collection) is still up and running, his secondary line (the one that was carried only at Neimans) is the one that's being canned.

well i guess those shirts that i got from it are worth somethin!......haha

he hasnt been doing well at all. even lagerfeld gallery isnt. he used to have a boutique here in monaco which he visited quite often but even that didnt help and it shut down a few months ago. that was his only other stand alone after paris...
he should just stick to chanel and fendi for now :wink:

He's a genius with Fendi and Chanel, but still, it's quite interesting. I understand why he'll close down the lower-priced line if he isn't getting anything worth-while from it, I guess.

This was talked about last month on another thread the one collection Lagerfeld is being closed not Lagerfeld Gallery

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->