Katayone Adeli Closes

Abril

Reaction score
:(

KATAYONE ADELI has thrown in the fashion towel. The New York-based designer's spokeswoman confirmed to Womens Wear Daily this week that she is unable to complete her orders for autumn/winter 2003 collection but added that she was hoping to return soon with new financial backing. Adeli, whose delicately cut, original and feminine designs have garnered her a reputation for dressing New York's downtown cool crowd, set up shop in 1996. She learnt her trade working for the LA-based Parallel label and initially launched her label with Sean Barron, Parallel's former president. He later sold his stake to her and she carried on alone. (April 18 2003, AM)

:(
last year or maybe 2 :doh: she had an outlet shop in downtown L.A- open 2 days a week for about a month-or 2 :doh: i guess they were saying that she wasnt selling :(

:shock: what? shes so talented, really like her older work

:cry: closing down seems to be the unavoidable :censored: trend with interesting indie designers, have been there myself only two years ago, better out of business than deep in debt :innocent: .
I'm possitive, she will take some time off and return refreshed quite soon :wink:

wait, didn't a bunch of celebrities go crazy over her pants? I'm thinking of Gwyneth in particular...

maybe Gwyneth can just be her wealthy benefactress...

I hope she returns. It probably is better to close down for a while and refresh then be in a load of debt.

This makes me sad. It's hard for emerging designers to back their collections. This is my fear as I embark on my own design career. You have to pay for everything up front and then get paid. Since she is running the whole business right now I can see why she suspended her operation for now. Hopefully it won't be permanent. One of my favorite slinky dresses is an Adeli....her designs are really great!

MORE INFO/STORIES???

Hi, Thanks for this interesting yet sad yet common news.

Does anyone have further articles or more details about this hiatus-closing-restructure..??

I have some personal & business interest in Katayone and so Id like to read any more news/stories of poss.

Thanks: It wld be tacky for me to ask my pal at KA to send me articles about her closing!!

:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->