Kathryn Neale Shaffer

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
i couldnt figure out who this girl was for a while...but when i see her on style.com i usually like what she's wearing..
turns out she is married to sam shaffer...the stepson of anna wintour...he owns a music production company and she (kathryn) is a freelance writer..

here's the little article on their marriage from the ny times..

Kathryn Marie Neale, a daughter of Pamela Neale and Henry Neale, both of Wellington, New Zealand, was married there on Thursday to Samuel Francis Shaffer, a son of Serena Bass and Dr. David Shaffer, both of New York. Hilary Hudson, a civil celebrant, officiated at the Massey Memorial, a monument at Point Halswell.
The bride, 30, is keeping her name. She is a freelance writer in New York. Her father owns Neale Printers in Wellington. Her mother is a chartered accountant there at the Public Trust, a government-owned organization, which advises on estates, wills and other legal and financial matters.
The bridegroom, 34, is the founder of Spot On Sounds, a music production company for commercials, film and television, in New York. He graduated from Tufts University.
His mother is the caterer and party planner in New York, and the author of ''Serena Food & Stories: Feeding Friends Every Hour of the Day'' (Stewart, Tabori & Chang, 2004). Until December 2003 she and the bridegroom operated Serena, a lounge at the Hotel Chelsea in New York. His father, a psychiatrist, is the chief of the division of child psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center and the New York State Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Shaffer is also the Irving Philips professor of child psychiatry and a professor of pediatrics at the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. The bridegroom's stepmother, Anna Wintour, is the editor of Vogue.
nytimes

i think she's a beautiful girl with good style..
she seems to wear a lot of calvin klein and a lot of very simple basics..
but she can also be daring with bright colours and patterns..

00280m.jpg
00420m.jpg

00320m.jpg
12m.jpg

57m.jpg
33m.jpg

style

26m.jpg
65m.jpg

43m.jpg
50m.jpg

21m.jpg
15m.jpg

i love her wearing calvin klein in the second to last shot here..:heart:
one of her best looks imo..she looks fabulous..

a wedding photo..
and a very cute story about their names..

Softballcouple.jpg

manolobrides

A New York-based couple who recently married in New Zealand found an innovative way to settle the usual surname dilemma. Society regulars Sam Shaffer and Kathryn Neale held a softball match wherein wedding guests stepped up to the plate to help determine which member of the couple would change their last name. According to Stuff New Zealand, it was the groom’s side that struck out, beaten 8-7.

Neale, 29, who grew up in the Wellington suburb of Newlands, said she liked her name and had had mixed feelings about changing it.

A baseball fan, Mr Neale (nee Shaffer), 34, originally suggested they play the American game but his wife had insisted on softball.

“It was all a bit of a joke, I’ll take your name if you take my name,” said the bride, who met her husband in New York five years ago.

True to his word, Mr Neale will honour the deal “for a period of time”.

“We did think with Sam Neale you’d be able to get into more restaurants - if I could master the accent,” he said.

“(However) the world is not as progressive as we are. It’s an honorary title, but one with much honour.”

sorry about the tags on getty pics..
pics are from 18 jan 2008
The 27th Gala Celebration Of Elisa Monte Dance in NYC

vogue + calvin klein dinner in london
match 28 2007

Vakko Private Dinner and Launch Party
September 29, 2006 in Istanbul, Turkey
celebrating collaboration w/ zac posen

I really love her style, shes a NZER like me and got married in Wellington! I'd love 2 know a bit more about what she does for a job, does anyone know? does she have a high profile in Nyc? I know that her husband is related to anna wintour's children

did you read my first post courtknee?...:lol:

she is a freelance writer..
does a bit of styling here + there..
and her husband is anna wintour's stepson..

they are both very active in nyc social life..
i guess it comes with the territory when your father is married to anna wintour..

did you read my first post courtknee?...:lol:

she is a freelance writer..
does a bit of styling here + there..
and her husband is anna wintour's stepson..

they are both very active in nyc social life..
i guess it comes with the territory when your father is married to anna wintour..

i feel so silly! thanks and after reading that i now know more lol

THere has been some mention on the internet that she is a Vogue editor... does anyone know more about this? How far up the ranks is she at Vogue as a writer? (Not sure she is freelance anymore)...

the only thing i know is that she styled a story for teen vogue..
she may have gotten some work through anna..but i certainly havent seen any of it..

gorgeous..thanks leeloo..

at peter som..she looks breathtaking here..that face..:heart:

00270m.jpg

style

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"