Katie H "is not attached" to Factory Girl film

impossibleprincess

kabhi alvida
Reaction score
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:06 am Post subject: Cruise told Katie to back out of 'factory girl'http://www.luxuryfashion.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=quote&p=877270 http://www.nypost.com/gossip/47596.htm

June 2, 2005 -- TOM Cruise continues to impose his Scientologist views on Katie Holmes (above). She was set to star in "Factory Girl," about doomed Andy Warhol protégé Edie Sedgwick. But Cruise told Holmes to nix it, insiders said. "Edie was in and out of mental institutions and on all sorts of psychotropic drugs," said our spy. "Tom doesn't believe in those drugs because of Scientology." Another insider said, "Tom didn't want her to take the role because it portrayed her as a victim and he said she should only take strong roles." Holmes' rep said: "Katie is not attached to that project."

------------------------------------------

Oh great....now he is going to manage her career too? He should focus on his own right now. Especially after acting like a wacko on the Oprah show!

he's taking this scientology thing far too seriously,
he's totaly brainwashed and she's totaly victimised
sad story

Umm... what. Edie Sedgwick is probably the juiciest role most actresses could dream of. I don't think Katie deserved it, but why would she let Tom tell her to drop it? I mean, call me crazy, but Tom forcing Katie to take only 'strong' roles doesn't make sense. Kind of sounds like deja vu in the Tom saga. Next thing you know, she's going to stop wearing highheels too.

Everybody, chant with me...

Break them up!
Break them up!

What a nutter if this is true. I like Katie but I'm not sure she's right for Edie anyways.

Wow, I hope that's not true. She should be able to make her own decisions :ermm: ...Also, I'm kind of behind on the Factory Girl news so can someone tell me why Sienna doesn't have the part anymore?:blush:

^never mind, I just saw the whole thread about my question. Somehow I missed the title an inch down from where this thread was :P .

Plastic'sWife said:
I can totally picture his crazy *** telling her this...

While he's shaking her and jumping up and don on the couch like a monkey

^^ RFLMAO! Both those comments cracked me up!:lol: :lol:

Oh Tom. Crazy, crazy, coucko for cocoa puffs Tom Cruise.

What happened to the good ole' days? When you were doing movies like Top Gun and Far and Away? You were so cool back then. Then you get a divorce and you become a total case.

I miss the old Tom.

Let's all hope to god that this is only a mid-life crisis, and it dosen't set a tone in Hollywood. Because I don't know what I will do when Brad Pitt starts dating Mischa Barton or one of the olsen twins. Weird.. ..:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
T4P the article.

While I do not think that Katie playing Edie was 100% set in concrete, Tom influencing Katie to take her name out of the hat wouldn't seem that far of a stretch considering his latest antics.

This is the same guy who flipped on Brooke Shields about her taking medication to deal with PPD. Something that he knows nothing about. *sigh*

^^ I'm having a bad visual going on in my head....

:shock:!!!

I heard the director is considering Brittany Murphy,Mischa Barton,Claire Danes,and some other actresses for the role. Now that Tom thinks Katie shouldn't do the movie I guess she is off the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6sdijcnun
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->