Tom and Katie to wed in November in Italy

eternitygoddess

Reaction score
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes will get married in Italy on Nov. 18, Cruise's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

An Italian wedding in some ways brings Cruise, 44, and Holmes, 27, full-circle: Their first public outing as a couple, in spring 2005, was in Italy, where Cruise was in Rome for the April 29 David di Donatello awards. Giddy over his new girl, Cruise told reporters on his way into the Auditorium Conciliazione di Roma, "She is an extraordinary woman."

Nearly a year later, the pair welcomed their first child together, daughter Suri, on April 18. "She's so beautiful," Cruise told PEOPLE shortly after Suri's birth. And just two weeks after becoming a mom, Holmes said she felt "wonderful."

The actor told Good Housekeeping in June that he and Holmes had waited to wed until after Suri was born because they wanted their daughter to be at the ceremony.

"In many ways," he added, "we feel like we already are married. I know I'm with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So the wedding – that's just the party."

Cruise's rep told PEOPLE last week that the couple had asked their longtime friend Giorgio Armani to design the attire for the wedding.

And Holmes recently jetted to Italy – perhaps to scope out wedding destinations – after a whirlwind shopping trip to Paris. But she told PEOPLE she'd already crossed one thing off her list – her wedding gown: "I already have my dress."

They are SUCH publicity-seekers. Do you know any other celebrities that give out the exact location and date of their wedding? :yuk:

people.com

eternitygoddess said:
Do you know any other celebrities that give out the exact location and date of their wedding? :yuk:

I agree that it sounds very publicity-hungery of them.

Then again, maybe they're just trying to trick the paps so that while the paps are hanging around Italy, TomKat's getting married in California or something.

Oh dear. Publicity-hungry my foot. It's more like a competitive eater eating publicity.

i think it's right time they are getting married, they make a nice couple after all....

I think I never cared less for anything before. :shock: And yet, I entered the thread.

i just want to make the observation that even though tom tried to 'rename' her...she remains katie...:P

From dlisted.com

Posh Beckham was supposed to help Katie Holmes with all aspects of her wedding to Tom Cruise, but those plans have been put on hold after the BFFs have apparently had a falling out. The two took Paris Fashion Week by storm and looked like two lesbians from the 1950s. They attended all the shows in search for Katie’s perfect wedding dress. Giorgio Armani was hired to design the dress.

The two had a spat after Posh suggested that Katie drop a few before her wedding. A source said, “Victoria didn’t mean any harm, she just wanted to help Katie look her best for her big day. She offered to share her diet secrets but Katie immediately got defensive, saying she didn’t need any advice. Katie is really proud of the weight she’s managed to lose since giving birth to Suri in April and she doesn’t think she has to lose anymore.”

Good for Katie!

And from Page Six:

SUMNER Redstone has had many unkind words for Tom Cruise over the past months - and he's still not finished bashing the couch-jumping Scientologist.

"He was embarrassing the studio. And he was costing us a lot of money," the outspoken Viacom chief tells the December issue of Vanity Fair.

Confirming a Page Six exclusive, Redstone admits it was his wife, Paula, who first soured on Cruise, which resulted in his decision not to renew Paramount's megabucks deal with Cruise's production company.

"Paula, like women everywhere, had come to hate him. The truth of the matter is, I did listen to her . . ." Redstone says. "His behavior was entirely unacceptable to Paula and to the rest of the world. He just didn't turn one [woman] off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's antics - acting wacky, ripping into psychiatry, firing his professional publicist - were the key elements in the star's downfall: "When did I decide [to fire him]? I don't know. When he was on the 'Today' show? When he was jumping on a couch at 'Oprah'? He changed his handler, you know, to his sister [LeAnne Devette] - not a good idea."

Redstone estimates that Cruise's bizarre behavior cost Paramount "$100 million, $150 million on 'Mission: Impossible III.' It was the best picture of the three, and it did the worst." He isn't sorry he embarrassed Cruise publicly: "The explosion was good. It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over. And it is! I would like to think that what I did, or what we did, has had a salutary effect on the rest of the industry."

I love this guy :lol:

I'm all jealous that Tom and Katie get to be married in Italy (but I get to go a 3rd time in January, so yay), and I admit I'm curious about where they'll do it. Currently I'm envisioning smack dab at the top of the Victor Emmanuel II Monument. It just seems so suited to them.

national-monument-to-victor-emmanuel-ii-rome-i713.jpg

Photo from Planetware

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
Bwah! LOL.....I did the exact same thing.

dlg

I feel horribly pathetic when I think/gossip about TomKat. And yet I can't stay away. They're my crack :D

The two had a spat after Posh suggested that Katie drop a few before her wedding.

Hmmm....I wouldn't exactly take weight advice from Victoria Beckham. Maybe I'd listen to Catherine Zeta Jones, but Victoria is wayyyy too thin. Does she want Katie to look like a skeleton? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->