Katie to play Posh?

truebluejen

Reaction score
Katie to play Posh
If David and Victoria Beckham’s glamorous lifestyle hasn’t already sent our showbiz-o-meter spinning off the scale (and trust us, it has), the couple are now being lined up as the subject of a new Hollywood blockbuster.
The film, which charts Becks’ meteoric rise to fame, is the brainchild of David’s biggest fan, Tom Cruise. The Hollywood A-lister reportedly suggested the idea to Paramount studios before they controversially parted company last month, and the distributors are keen to get cameras rolling. Although Tom won’t be starring as David, his fiancée Katie Holmes has expressed an interest in playing Posh.

“Tom has a brilliant grasp of what the public want to see and thought David’s story was wonderful,” gushes an insider. “A football star emerges from humble origins, there’s drama within the matches and romance in his love affair with Victoria at the height of her pop star fame.” Blimey – who could ask for a thicker plot?

The source adds: “Katie is perfect to play a young Posh and has been working on her accent.” Oh God, we can picture the scene now: David and Tom playing Scrabble in the dining room, while Victoria teaches Katie how to speak the, er, Queen’s English in the kitchen. Dear oh dear, talk about the blind leading the blind…

I just cannot see her playing Posh Spice and I am a big fan of Katie Holmes :ermm:

uh......wow......:ermm:

I gotta admit, Katie Holmes does have Victoria's coloring. If she lost a butt-load of weight and layered on the make-up, I think I could actually see her as Posh :blush:

Maybe Suri could play Posh, they're around the same body structure.
Naw, I love Posh's style, that was totally a joke.

why would anyone want to see a movie about this? This could pick up a tabloid, read one of several books or just look it up on the internet.

thoseo two are media whores..
they will do amythign to raise their profile...

don't they get that NO ONE CARES...:rolleyes:

yes, PLEASE, make it a 520 episode telenovela while you're at it, and after those 520 episodes when the story arrives in the present time you can make it the first real time telenovela, parallel to the daily events in the lives of the beckhams (this sentence makes no sense, i'm afraid.) so we can have TWO of them. that is - four! *fakesexcitement*

Meg said:
why would anyone want to see a movie about this? This could pick up a tabloid, read one of several books or just look it up on the internet.

yah, i don't get it either.

and it is very unusual to make a biopic about somebody who is still alive or even on the height of his career (beckham hasn't retired yet, has he?) that would be such an unfinished story. give it at least ten more years, if you must do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
softgrey said:
thoseo two are media whores..
they will do amythign to raise their profile...

don't they get that NO ONE CARES...:rolleyes:

exactly! who in their right mind would see a movie about posh anyway? didn't they learn their lesson after seeing spice world?

why??whyyy? why?? *bangs head repeatedly on wall*. we dont need another beckham couple. face it posh: your career is over please stop trying to cling on to "career boosting" ideas, its so embarassing

edit: and whats gonna happen in this film anyway the rivting highlights:
victoria gets a fake tan so she looks even more orange. David kicks a ball
victoria goes shopping and buys some vile clothes but there designer so she doesnt care. David kicks a ball
victoria gets more hair extensions. david trys to says something to sound intelligen but fails miserably
victoria does something else boaring and mindless. david kicks a ball. blahblahblah
why would anyone watch it?

Ha hahahhaa!

Actually, Id LOVE if this project came to fruition (sp?) its like a carwreck!

"The Beckham Story" !?! Hm...I don`t know about that one...but it won`t be big on dialogues for sure...:rolleyes:

Ugh, Katie to play Posh!? NEVER! Katie is too tall, and -sorry- too fat for that role! It wouldn`t even fit if Katie lost a ton of weight since Victoria is "naturally skinny" and Katie is rather "big-boned".

Aside from that, a total bore like Katie can`t play a catty b*tch like Victoria.

I read this before and seriously think it is hysterical. It HAS to be a rumor. Katie is a good actress, but she could never pull it off believably. I am actually impressed that for once, this rumor isn't about Lindsay Lohan playing someone outrageous. :lol:

I'd see it because of the stupidity. lol

I can't see Katie as Posh.

Tom likes David Beckham.

The two queens should dump thier beards and hookup, Id pay to see the movie about that!

StyleIsInUs said:
movie about posh ? hahaha

think of all the possible titles. it's going to be a masterpiece.

citizen posh
poshface
poshopolis
all about posh
posh-up
posh fiction
the big posh
poshima mon amour
in the mood for posh
poshomon
vertiposh
posh without a cause