Katrin Thormann

cold_sun

Reaction score
Shes on the cover of the new Dazed & Confused issue, I guess that justifies a thread ^_^

Shes 20 and from Kiel (North of Germany). Shes with Seeds in Berlin (they also discovered her), Women Management Milano and Premier Management.

Height: 181cm / 5'11"
Bust: 86cm / 34
Waist: 60cm / 24.5
Hips: 90cm / 35
Hair colour: Blond
Eye colour: Blue

27751016_p-thumb.jpg

lesmads.de

ShowPolaroidsImage.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

ViewPreview.aspx

premiermodelmanagement.com - theres also quite a long video about her on there :flower:

i met her once. reaaally nice and def even more pretty in real life! ^_^

here's an interview with her from fmd

Kathrin Thormann probably wouldn't be our "model of the month" today, had she not been discovered by a Seeds scout while visiting Berlin. In fact, standing at 5'11", this stunning German eye-catcher is set to conquer the catwalks and grace high fashion magazine covers even though she evidently breaks the model stereotype by being quite friendly and down-to-earth. In addition to her gorgeous and charming looks, it can only be a benefit on her way to the next supermodel that she, like so many other fashion models, loves the opportunity to travel and meet new people. For now, it seems as though Kathrin has got a long and promising future within the fashion industry ahead of her. Nonetheless we had the chance to interview Germany's next real topmodel...

How did you get started in the modeling business?

Kathrin: I was visiting Berlin with my friends and I was asked on the street if I would like to become a model.

Did you ever think you'd be doing this?
Kathrin: I have never really thought about that. Once the mother of a friend of mine told me that I could become a model bacause of my height but I didn´t believe that it was possible.

What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
Kathrin: I really like to travel. This is a very exciting site of modeling because you have the opportunity to meet a lot of people and make new friends. But I don't really like the superficial site.

Have you encountered any surprises along the way?
Kathrin: Before I started modeling I thought that most of the models are arrogant girls but now I know that there are so many nice girls…

Have you developed any new interests since you started modeling?
Kathrin: Of course there are some new interests but I am not sure if the modelling influenced those interests.

What are your favourite things to do in your free time?
Kathrin: I like to spend time with my friends and I also love to do sports such as swimming and rowing.

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?
Kathrin: I have made some memorable experiences but I don´t know what was the most interesting or the most memorable. It is hard to choose something.

Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?
Kathrin: There are many people who can affect me, some more some less... The most important thing for me is if I can trust this person and if he/she really knows me.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?
Kathrin: I really want to go to the university and learn languages and culture science. And maybe I have found a man and I have children :-)

What are your beauty secrets? How do you stay in shape?
Kathrin: Actually I just do what I like to do and I try to drink a lot of water and not to eat too many sweets.

What would you want people to know about you
?
Kathrin: I want people to know that I am not arrogant or superficial!

Favourite all-time model:
Kathrin: I don't know yet…

Favourite kind of food:
Kathrin: Potatoes and cabbage

Favourite kind of music:
Kathrin: Depends on my mood…

I'd like to meet:
Kathrin: Johnny Depp

If I were trapped on an island I'd take:
Kathrin: My best friend and maybe a pair of sun glasses.
fmd.com

Wow lucky you - do you know when she was discovered ?

She looks like Hartje Andresen in her Dazed&Confused shot. Any new German model gets a chance from me so I'm waiting for new work. 1987 sounds so old when I read that because all new girls were born around 1991 but then I realized 20 is okay and her height is great too!

I like her from what I see so far! ^_^ Her polaroids are really cute.

Very exciting to see her Dazed & Confused cover, good for her! I remember her from Women Milan, and have always thought she looked like the perfect little hybrid between Amy Wesson and Kristen Owen. Definitely a throwback with her look.

Thanks for starting her thread! :flower:

DARK MAGIC
Dazed & Confused August 2008
Styled by Nicola Formichetti
Photographed by Mario Vivanco

source | nicolaformichetti

^^You are right on with the Amy/Kristen description! It seems so out of the blue that she is on the cover of D&C because I feel like I've seen her on agency sites for about a year or two. Its great to see that her hard work has led to success!

I think she looks like a mix of Kirsten and Hartje, don't get the Amy reference. There's a Nylon tear in her book at Women Milan which I guess is from a 2005 issue (I remember seeing it, but, um, yes, sometime 04-06), so she has definitely been modeling for a while. Great girl, and this is probably the perfect time for her to catch a break. She's still young, but out of school, and hopefully has a bit of life experience too.

Looks promising! I love how pale her eyebrows are - makes her seem more ethereal or something...

so sweet in her video ^_^
i think on supermodels.nl they uploaded a bunch of pics of her

^Actually, I really dislike those polaroids. The eyeliner kind of diminishes one of Katrin's most unique features; her eyes.

Also, I had no idea she was in Berlin.

Strenesse Blue S/S 09 Berlin:
KatrinStrenesse1.jpg
KatrinStrenesse2.jpg

(getty)

She looks a bit like a shark with those eyes on the runway, a little bit ominous and empty.

^I can certainly understand the "shark" comment; there is a certain predatory nature to her presence on the runway. I actually kind of like it, or at least I find it somewhat refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->