Katrin Thormann

I'm looking forward to seeing her in more shows...without swimcaps ^_^

Preen S/S 09 New York
pree-r013-080908000909-59264_base.jpg

style.it

I think she was at GAP too, but not 100% sure.

She likes Luca Gadjus and Steven Meisel? We have so much in common :lol: and Calvin Klein campaign?

style.com

New Face

The August's cover of the “Dazed & Confused“ catapulted Katrin Thormann in the first league: The model of the season during the interview

All signs point to the fact that the New York fashion week could mean the international breakthrough for Katrin Thormann in September, 2008. The 20-year-old model at close range from Kiel inspires newspaper doer like Jefferson minced meat just as designer of Strenesse to Calvin Klein and top photographer worldwide.

Besides, it would have become almost nothing with the model career. Shortly before her pupil's exchange with Estonia Katrin Thormann was demanded by SeeDSmanagement with the shopping in Berlin. She reacted doubtfully, then announced itself, however, at the agency. After she finished her Abitur successfully, arbeit the promising model meanwhile full time this year. A decision which has been worthwhile: Thormann was already booked for many productions all around the globe.

VOGUE.DE: One of the first bookings you had was the Cover-Shooting for “Dazed & Confused“. How have you felt when this inquiry came?

Katrin Thormann: I did not know before the Shooting at all that I would get the cover … But then I have been very glad about it of course!

VOGUE.DE: Do you have a role model, e.g., a model, style icon, etc.?

Katrin Thormann: Luca Gajdus because she has remained so loose and normal.

VOGUE.DE: What is in your opinion the personally biggest challenge in your job?

Katrin Thormann: It is difficult to maintain the contact with my friends because I travel so much. One must pay attention that by modelling no friendship breaks. Moreover, less time remains for hobbies like playing the guitar, climbing and oars.

VOGUE.DE: And what is easy for you particularly?

Katrin Thormann: It is easy for me to let me on foreign countries and cultures and to meet the most different people … This gives pleasure!

VOGUE.DE: You better like what: Catwalk or Fotoshootings?

Katrin Thormann: Fotoshootings I think. It is not so hectic as catwalk jobs and is exciting over and over again to see the result afterwards!

VOGUE.DE: Is there a label, photographer or project with which you would co-operate with pleasure? If so, who or what?

Katrin Thormann: I would like to work with Steven Meisel.

VOGUE.DE: Without which Mode-Accessoire would you leave only reluctantly the house?

Katrin Thormann: Besides, I have always at least one hair rubber.

VOGUE.DE: From your present experience: Which conditions must a model bring, so that it asserts itself against the competition?

Katrin Thormann: I think that it is very important to have a good character, to work professionally and hard and to have at the same time fun.

VOGUE.DE: Must one be futile than to succeed model?

Katrin Thormann: No.

VOGUE.DE: The model business is a very fast-moving field. Do you already think about the time after modelling?

Katrin Thormann: I want to study anyway. But I still have no plans, when, where and what.

Look in the future:

As exactly Katrin Thormann career will develop, is still unclear in the details. Calvin Klein would want the beauty from North Germany exclusively for his campaign, however, other famous labels have already announced interest. Is certain: This model has the best conditions to make to herself a name in the branch.

vogue.de

Not translated by me, but by an internet programme.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that's so great to see her at MJ! i think she looks just as brilliant as in her ed's on the runway :wub:
and thankyou for the nice interview marcel

Mhm weird. If Vogue says Calvin Klein wants her exclusive for a campaign, I thought they would mix things up and that Katrin was only a runway exclusive but she's everywhere and doing a great job. Time will show if she really gets the Calvin campaign and it doesn't need to be the mainline anyway.

She does look like the type Meisel would wanna work with.

I like it - portrays her psychotic features and independent style :heart:

Sometimes she reminds me of Cate Blanchett ^_^

I saw that Kirsten Owen has a milan showcard...I would like to see them together in a photo!

amazingly beautiful, in my imagination she is a viking warrior hero. Wish I bought that Dazed issue now....i didn't like it at the time. :(:cry:

marc jacobs ss09 backstage

marcjacobsbackstagespriza0.jpg

zimbio

Alexander Wang + Proenza Schouler SS09
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

zimbio

backstage at Narciso Rodriguez SS09 with Iris
00160mko5.jpg

style

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics