Kawaii

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
Anybody else just go off the deep end for kawaii? :bounce:

Kawaii is Japanese for "cute."

ince the 1970s, cuteness, in Japanese kawaii (可愛い?) (literally, "loveable" "cute" or "adorable") has become a prominent aspect of Japanese popular culture, entertainment, clothing, food, toys, personal appearance, behavior, and mannerisms.[1]
wikipedia.org

Some examples are Hello Kitty and Sanrio products.

As a cultural phenomenon, cuteness is increasingly accepted in Japan as a part of Japanese culture and national identity. Tomoyuki Sugiyama, author of "Cool Japan", believes that "cuteness" is rooted in Japan's harmony-loving culture, and Nobuyoshi Kurita, a sociology professor at Musashi University in Tokyo, has stated that "cute" is a "magic term" that encompasses everything that's acceptable and desirable in Japan.[9]

On the other hand, those skeptical of cuteness consider it a sign of an infantile mentality.[9] In particular, Hiroto Murasawa, professor of beauty and culture at Osaka Shoin Women’s University asserts that cuteness is "a mentality that breeds non-assertion ... Individuals who choose to stand out get beaten down."[9]

9zmzix.png

musthavecute.com

Available at Pier 1 imports for $14.95.

oh. my god. i am going to have fun in this musthavecute.com website, brb

cat-shaped-lipstick.jpg

musthavecute

i remember i saw this a while ago, so cute, i'd never use it!

Yeah that is really cute and it's a shame that it would be ruined after one use!
I also love love love cute japanese things. :smile:

I got into deco-den recently. I've only decorated my ipod but I'm probably going to do some more stuff soon. super kawaii. :smile:

25843_392067764088_517824088_3480836_5277735_n.jpg

me

Welcome! I plan on decorating my netbook next. I'll post a picture whenever I get my pieces in. :smile: It was a lot of work but it was all worth it in the end!

If anyone is interested, I get my deco-den supplies from http://fullmoon07xxx.ocnk.net/

(Yuki) She has tons of kawaii magazines, nails, etc. :smile: all right from her home in Japan!

Bump. I have a very strange kawaii fetish. I wanna learn how to draw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->