Keke Lindgard

^^Yes, it's true! I've always loved how athletic her build is. She reminds me of Elise Crombez in that way - the body of a swimmer...long, lean and genuinely toned. Keke looks sturdy. I know that sounds really strange, but I really find that so much sexier and appealing than a model looking frail and weak.

^^Yes, it's true! I've always loved how athletic her build is. She reminds me of Elise Crombez in that way - the body of a swimmer...long, lean and genuinely toned. Keke looks sturdy. I know that sounds really strange, but I really find that so much sexier and appealing than a model looking frail and weak.

I have to completely agree with you, she has such a healthy glowing appearance and truly built, never-ending legs. I think the swimming and beaches in Hawaii did her good!

Model Call: Keke and Lili Lindgard By LAUREN MCCARTHY

Katelin “Keke” Lindgard has fronted campaigns for D&G and DKNY, walked the runway at Dior and Lanvin and covered French Elle. Now, her little sister, Lili, is following in her stilettos.

“[My agency] always wanted Lili,” says Keke of her 15-year-old sister. “But I was like, ‘No, she’s too young!’” Lili is quick to point out that “Katelin started modeling when she was 15.”

While the Lindgard sisters, natives of Hawaii, may share the same all-American good looks, cutesy first names and fondness for teasing each other, make no mistake — there is no sibling rivalry here.

During Lili’s recent trip to New York, the teens, both repped by Wilhelmina, stopped by WWD to talk modeling and more.

WWD: Keke, you’ve been modeling for more than three years now. How did you start?
Keke Lindgard: Roman Young, one of the agents at Wilhelmina, is from Hawaii. He saw me in town and said, “You should come to New York.” My family does a snowboarding trip to Utah every year, so we flew to New York for a few days. They said, “You should do fashion week,” so I did fashion week.

WWD: What was your first show?
K.L.: Rag & Bone. I didn’t know that it was a huge show. I was really overwhelmed because I had never done anything like that before. It was fun, but it was very different. Then I did Prada, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, Hermès, Céline. A lot of the good ones.

WWD: Did you know those were a big deal?
K.L.: I had no clue what fashion was. I wore baggy jeans and a purple furry shirt into the office, and my agent was like, “We’ll work on that.” But it was exciting. I love the feeling of walking down the runway. It’s so glamorous.

WWD: What were some of the jobs you started booking after your runway debut?
K.L.: I started doing some campaigns. I did Gucci eyewear, Les Copains, Ralph Lauren, DKNY. I shot Numéro China recently with Ellen von Unwerth and that was super fun.

WWD: And what did you think of all of this, Lili?
L.L.: I thought it was crazy. I went to one of the shows, and I was like, “Who wears these clothes out in public?” I think it was Prada. They had these huge blonde afros.
K.L.: That was Louis Vuitton.
L.L.: But, like, here’s me in overalls, chillin’ in the corner.

WWD: When did you decide that you also wanted to be a model?
L.L.: At first I was like, “This looks like hard work,” but then I saw it was fun and thought I might as well try it out.
K.L.: I don’t want her to, but I can’t stop it. I didn’t get to finish high school, so I’m making her.
L.L.: You’re not making me — I want to.

WWD: What is the biggest difference between the two of you?
L.L.: I’m more of a tomboy.
K.L.: But I’m not prissy. She’s more sassy than I am. She’ll confront someone if something is bugging her.

WWD: Is that a good or bad quality in the industry?
K.L.: I think it’s definitely a plus. When I was younger, I didn’t say no to anything. I don’t feel like I got taken advantage of, but I just didn’t know how to say no.

WWD: What have you two been doing during Lili’s visit?
L.L.: Well, I got sick when I first got here.
K.L.: She got food poisoning from the plane, so that kind of sucked. But we went to Coney Island yesterday. We like cheesy stuff like that.
L.L.: And I had two castings, for Seventeen and Allure.

WWD: You have that all-American look.
K.L.: She totes does.

wwd.com

Wow glad her sister got in on it, she really has something imo.

Sur ss14 - Barcelona

Zazo & Brull ss14 - Barcelona

Who ss14 - Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

Schipper Arques ss14 - Barcelona

Desigual ss14 - Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

Her body is so incredible! Her walk photographs like a dream - so poised and in control - not a single runway photo looks awkward.

Custo Barcelona ss14 - Barcelona

080barcelonafashion.cat

"And The Lady Wore..." for Glamour US September 2013

Photographer: Ellen von Unwerth
Fashion Editor: Anne Christensen
Hair: Ward at Bryan Bantry
Make-up: Alice Lane at Jed Root
Manicure: Tatyana Molot

Models: Keke Lindgard + James Neate

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

La Fureur Du Style: Keke Lindgard By Ben Watts For Elle France 20th September 2013 (I)
Stylist: Elissa Castelbou
Hair: Romina Manenti
Make-up: Christine Cherbonnier
Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
La Fureur Du Style: Keke Lindgard By Ben Watts For Elle France 20th September 2013 (II)
Stylist: Elissa Castelbou
Hair: Romina Manenti
Make-up: Christine Cherbonnier
Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

^^lovely ed:crush:.. Too bad she's not walking this season cuz she's got a pretty good walk:doh: she soo underrated:(

I know.. She's pretty, good walker, beautiful in print.. Why she's not everywhere?

FV Magazine
Photographer- Greg Swales
Stylist- Donald Hicks
Make up- Ido Raphael
Hair- Charley Brown
Model Keke @Wilhelmina Models

donald-hicks.com/blog

Vogue Taiwan, September ’13

wilhelminanews

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads