Keren Ann

spinster

Reaction score
I couldn’t bear the fact that Kim Kardashian has a thread but Keren Ann doesn’t.

Born Keren Ann Zeidel, she is a singer who lives in Paris and sings mostly in French, though her latest album, Keren Ann, is entirely in English. I think she has a very interesting face and I’m crazy about her bangs. Does anyone else see a fleeting resemblance to Phoebe Cates?

She just performed live on Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW. You can see a video of the performance at www.kcrw.com.

First 2 photos from kerenann.net; third from http://www.myspace.com/kerenann; fourth from www.jameskendi.com; and fifth from http://www.memagazinenyc.com/backissues.html.

Attachments

• kerennet1.jpg
    kerennet1.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 3
  • kerennet2.jpg
    kerennet2.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5
  • kerennetspc.jpg
    kerennetspc.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
  • kerenjk.jpg
    kerenjk.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • kerenmemag.jpg
    kerenmemag.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh, she is my favourite French singer! I have all her records and I really like her hairstyle :woot:

I don't know too much about her as a person. But she's an incredable musician. I think her music is so creative and organic. Whether she's singing in English or French (or a mixture of the two like in Nolita) she never goes for style over substace: she never shouts when a whisper can do more.

her albums tend to get on my nerves after a few songs but she's undeniably talented.. and I loved Nolita!. :wub:

Went to saw her in concert yesterday. It was amazing, it was their last show for 3 weeks now. It was her, her guitarist/singer Thomas and a drummer Matthias (I think that was his name). Her voice was as fantastic as on her CDs but she sang live. It was mostly her English songs but at the end she also played quite a few of her French ones. She also did a cover of the Tennessee Waltz and of a Queens of the Stone Age song. She really has quite a humor, she talked about Apfelstrudel, getting drunk etc. while Thomas wanted to get laid. Lay Your Head Down was such a highlight.
What really surprised me was that there were actually quite a lot of boys/men and a lot of people in their 40s/50s.

Anyway, I was glad to have been there.
What does everybody else think of her?

WOW such a wonderful initiative of yours to open a KA'a thread!!!

KA is a really gifted songwriter though unfortunately still little-known. My fav CD by her is La Biographie de Luka Philipsen a bittersweet work where you can feel Suzanne Vega's influences.

Karma Spinster:flower:

Generally I find most of her songs bland (sorry!) but I love the ballad of Lady & Bird...it's incredible.

yes she's really a good singer, also my favorite.
a beautiful video with pics of her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9GViNGDV80

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

She has such a wonderful voice and her last album 101 is magic:heart::heart:

Some pics of her ( concert and party from her facebook page:(