Kiehl's

i am a few months late with this post, The_Ida --- but if your bf has a tendency towards oily skin, he should stay away from any of the moisturizers that have an SPF already in them. this combination tends to exacerbate normal-to-oily skin types and makes it seem a bit greasy. i have combination skin. dry-ish on the cheeks and oily T-zone. i tried every moisturizer with SPF that i could try, and they all basically leave the same result. i also tried a lighter moisturizer in combination with just about every sunscreen i could find. but you know - most of them leave you oily.

however, Kiehl's has a "superfluid SPF 50" sunscreen. and it. is. HEAVEN. honestly - if they ever discontinue it, i will lose my mind. it goes on incredible light, absorbs basically instantly and doesn't leave your skin feeling or looking the slightest bit greasy. it's an amazing product. you apply it after you put on your moisturizer.

loonaka -- i have the Midnight Recovery Concentrate as well, and it might be my favourite product of all time. i can't imagine going to sleep without it now. haha. it is this concoction of essential oils and some botanical moisturizer and, i can tell you that it's the only thing that keeps my skin looking healthy and radiant in the mornings. plus the smell is so gorgeous, it's soothing to put on, after you've washed your face - just before bed. really swear by this one.

dsc01629jpgeffected.png

credit: deadfleurette

I just bought this one. Anyone in here who has anything good to say about this product?

i am a few months late with this post, The_Ida --- but if your bf has a tendency towards oily skin, he should stay away from any of the moisturizers that have an SPF already in them. this combination tends to exacerbate normal-to-oily skin types and makes it seem a bit greasy. i have combination skin. dry-ish on the cheeks and oily T-zone. i tried every moisturizer with SPF that i could try, and they all basically leave the same result. i also tried a lighter moisturizer in combination with just about every sunscreen i could find. but you know - most of them leave you oily.
I got it for him and he loves it - he'd rather be slightly shiny than get skin cancer after all. He's a dude, so he doesn't want to fuss with moisturizer and SPF in the morning :lol:

Frenger -- i have a girlfriend who uses that product. she says it basically retexturizes your skin and leaves it insanely smooth. especially after using it a few times.

Frenger -- i have a girlfriend who uses that product. she says it basically retexturizes your skin and leaves it insanely smooth. especially after using it a few times.

Thanks:flower: Maybe I'll try it out since I want my skin to be insanely smooth:D

The new Honey and Soymilk whipped body butter is to die for. It smells a little like coconut to me, but in a very raw and natural way, not artificial. And it makes my hands so soft!
The Panthenol Protein face cream is great too. I have a couple samples of the MRC but I've only used it once so far. It was nice but didn't do anything my $6 Jason Vit. E Oil doesn't do. I want to find a full ingredient list and use it for a longer period of time before buying.

as far as ingredients -- it's got a high percentage of "Squalane", which Kiehl's uses in a bunch of their products as the key moisturizer. it also has Lavender, Evening Primrose, Geranium essential oils.

I love the lip balms. Works really well and come in a bunch of delicious scents! I've been using a hair straightening balm by them as well and it's really nice – I can put in a lot and it's never greasy. <3

I love their acai serum.I bought it 3 days ago and apply it twice a day. It makes the skin quite sticky and tight at first...after 1,2 hours the skin glows, looks very even and best: poreless. I'm very pleased.

They have released a new collection of Ultra Facial Oil-Free... I'm probably going to try that one during the winter if I like the samples. Right now I'm using the entire Rare Earth collection which mattifies my skin, and that's ideal to me for summer.

Anyone used the Kiehls creamy eye treatment with avacado? I have been reading reviews on makeupalley about it- may try it as im running out of my Clinque one and wanna try a new one.

is it a bad idea to put the Midnight Recovery Concentrate serum on two days in a row? suposedly its a treatment. the main ingregient is primrose oil. will it make me break out?

^ I sometimes use it day and night as a moisturizer and it hasn't broken me out. I usually only get one zit every other month, though... my skin has never been prone to breakouts when trying new products.

you can definitely use it two days in a row. i use it every night as a serum under my moisturizer. that's cause my skin gets a bit dry this time of year. but if your skin is more on the normal/oily side - you might find the midnight recovery concentrate to be enough on its own. i think that you won't break out unless you have an allergy to one of the oils in it, or if you're using too much. you only use literally 3 drops per night.

What would you recommend for dry, sensitive, acne prone skin?

I'm pretty sure I have sensitive dry skin, but certain moisturizers make me get white bumps on my forehead and such. I also get spots so easily :(

Anyone on here with similar skin? What products do you use? I want to order a few samples and go from there.

What would you recommend for dry, sensitive, acne prone skin?

I'm pretty sure I have sensitive dry skin, but certain moisturizers make me get white bumps on my forehead and such. I also get spots so easily :(

Anyone on here with similar skin? What products do you use? I want to order a few samples and go from there.

here is what i would do: buy one cheaper product at kiels and ask for samples of the stuff you'd like to try out. they are very good at giving samples.

if you think its oil that is causing you to break out i would try rare earth mask. it sucks the oil right out.

I find their lip balm (#1) to be the best kind I've ever tried. So neutral, mild and soft:heart:

their best products imo

• blue herbal gel cleanser

• powerful-strength line-reducing concentrate

• super fluid UV defense sunscreen

the lady at the keils counter gave me a deluxe sample of the midnight recovery complex, yet to try it.

Can anyone recommend me their must have Kiehls products to try? I have the lip balm and I want to try some new things but I don't know where to start! I'm thinking about the avocado eye cream. I have dry/normal skin :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, *k.a.t.e* --- you've got dry/normal skin and you live in the UK, right? it's quite humid there, especially coming into summer, yes?

avocado eye cream is lovely and really hydrating and feels nice, but it's quite thick and it's really only good for hydration. it has no collagen-stimulating or anti-aging properties, except that the avocado oil strengthens the lipid barrier on the skin.

for your face -- is your skin fair, tan, freckly? do you have large pores, nearly invisible pores? does your skin react to certain ingredients? do you have food allergies? and what is the effect that you're looking for? are you just looking for a good moisturizer to keep the skin balanced and hydrated - or are you looking for anti-aging ingredients? how old are you?

lol. sorry for all the questions, but Kiehl's has a million products and they're all pretty specific to your particular skin type and concern. and i'm not familiar with all of them, but certainly familiar with the ingredients and could make a recommendation for you.

the other thing is that they do "skin barrier tests" there to measure the amount of oils on your skin and then do a consultation to figure out which products would be best for you. i have a friend who used to work for kiehl's (which is how i know so much .. and also why i got to try so many things without paying for them. lol) and i know that she went through a fairly extensive training program before ever being able to actually recommend products to the customers. they know what they're talking about in there, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->