Kirsten Dunst in Rehab

I think it's less about the city and more about who she is hanging around with.
There are happy, normal people in LA- they just don't hang out with the users.

I think it's less about the city and more about who she is hanging around with.
There are happy, normal people in LA- they just don't hang out with the users.

I agree completely.
So many people seem to think LA is like the devils playground when really it's just like any other city in the world - they all have the seedy party element.

London has a HUGE party d**g culture and so does NY and I'm sure most other major cities in the world!

There are plenty of people in LA, including actors, who live " normal", happy lives. Kiki could very easily be one of them if she chooses!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty much been said, but I'll say it again: Moving doesn't solve your problems. They have legs and will travel.

She needs to change her friends, not her location.

^so it's really up to her:rolleyes:

Exactly! I don't think it's fair to pin the whole worlds personal problems on LA! Lol! It's just a city like anywhere else, and Kiki can be whoever she wants to be, where ever she wants to be - just like anyone else.
I'm just hoping she takes up a healthier lifestyle because she's a very talented artists and, from what I've heard, a nice person.
Wish her all the best, as always.

Kirsten has been a wild girl around the time her relationship with Gyllenhaal ended in 04'...obviously he kept his lifestyle a certain way and she went off the rails in a big way. I don't know if she ever got over him either...seeing him play family with Reese had to hurt especially after the whole Johnny Burrell thing imploded...

It's weird because when I listened to the commentary on Crazy/Beautiful the director said how she told him she'd never been drunk/high or had sex so she wasn't sure how to approach the character etc and that was when she was 18. Now at 25 she's in rehab.

Just kinda funny how the world works. I suppose it's better than being an alcoholic before you're even legally able to drink though. :innocent:

the director said how she told him she'd never been drunk/high or had sex so she wasn't sure how to approach the character etc and that was when she was 18. Now at 25 she's in rehab.

Well, it's encouraging to hear not every girl in Hollywood looses innocence at 13! Still, it's really really sad in reflection... but I have faith she's doing much better now and I'm wishing her all the best! xx

I always got the impression that Kirsten hated her childhood. Or at least her mother for putting her in showbiz so early on. Hate is a strong word, maybe resented her mother.

Really? From where? I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I just haven't heard her talk much about it.

She is always saying how she was the main breadwinner for her family from a young age and it put alot of stress on her.
She talked about it in her most recent Allure interview IIRC and I know she had mentioned it before too.
She has said it just didn't feel normal for a child to be supportting her family and not the parents.

yeah I've heard that she struggled with her childhood a lot...but not until she hit her 20's...I mean she is one of the most respected young actresses around. But she does seem to have some turmoil in her life, she talked about it on The View one time, how a child shouldn't have to get attention/love by acting like she did, it should just be a natural reaction for the parents, so that speaks volumes.

It's very interesting about the Crazy/Beautiful commentary, wow...she was a late bloomer to different things but it seems like she got depressed and it led her down the wrong path.

Damn, I totally missed all that. I can definitely see why she'd be ticked off at her parents. I always thought she did it because she liked it.

she talked about it on The View one time, how a child shouldn't have to get attention/love by acting like she did, it should just be a natural reaction for the parents

Yes, I have heard her say just that in many interviews too...

she got depressed and it led her down the wrong path.

I agree with that... the partying was just more and more of an escape then anything else. I never saw Kirsten as a big party girl before. It's really more recently that she started getting into that sort of lifestyle. (and subsequently, after her break up with Jake, which I think might have had something to do with her depression... I don't think her depression necessarily started after the break up, though that probably made it worst.)

I agree with everyone who says moving doesn't solve problems. Sure, being away from the bigger party scenes of a big city definitely gets you further from the temptation for the time being, but that's not fixing the real problem.

Yes, I have heard her say just that in many
I agree with everyone who says moving doesn't solve problems. Sure, being away from the bigger party scenes of a big city definitely gets you further from the temptation for the time being, but that's not fixing the real problem.

Plus, if she's really got a problem and doesn't fix it she'll find the wrong crowd wherever she goes. Drugs & Booze are everywhere in this day & age. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->