Kirstin Davis for Maybelline

PradaP

Reaction score
Maybelline Taps Davis as Newest Face

NEW YORK — The beauty industry’s fascination with Hollywood continues without letup.

Maybelline New York has tapped actress Kristin Davis as its new celebrity spokesperson. The former “Sex and the City” star — she played uptown girl Charlotte York — will begin appearing in national print and TV ads for the cosmetics brand, beginning in the fourth quarter.

She will be the face for the introduction of Maybelline’s 2005 product entries. Executives would not comment on how much it is paying the star for her multiyear contract, but industry sources estimate Davis could be receiving as much as $1 million.

“Kristin is the perfect personification of the Maybelline New York spirit — fun, flirty, sophisticated and sassy,” said Cheryl Vitali, senior vice president of marketing for Maybelline. Davis, an Emmy nominee, recently signed a deal with HBO to star in a series.

Vitali explained that Davis fit in well with Maybelline New York’s brand image.

“Maybelline has a very wide user base, appealing to women of all ages and all psychographics and demographics. Kristin’s appeal is very broad and is linked to the image of the brand: energetic, savvy and approachable. In consumers’ minds she is consistent with New York; she embodies the spirit and energy and style of New York and the possibility that New York brings.” Vitali added that Maybelline New York consumer research revealed Davis was a “clear favorite;” subsequently, the group is pleased to have signed the star.

In her new relationship with L’Oréal, Davis will join models Tomiko Fraser, Josie Maran, Adriana Lima and Erin Wasson, who are also faces for the brand. L’Oréal, Maybelline New York’s parent, is no stranger to “Sex and the City” actresses. Three years ago, Garnier, another L’Oréal brand, introduced Sarah Jessica Parker as its face for its hair color line. Parker continues to appear in Garnier ads.

Originally posted by nay-k@Jul 27 2004, 05:29 AM
i think she's got that perfect make-up-ad-face.
[snapback]316366[/snapback]​

Agree!! She suits them

SHe is so pretty... and that's why she is perfect for maybelline.. :flower:

She's gorgous, this was a smart move by maybelline

maybe she is older than their other models but perhaps that's what they are looking for... to attract an older more spohisticated client

Originally posted by Jennika@Jul 27 2004, 08:03 AM
aybe she is older than their other models but perhaps that's what they are looking for... to attract an older more spohisticated client
[snapback]316406[/snapback]​

my thoughts exactly. Maybelline seem to have established a good base amongst younger consumers and I think Kirstin would be an excellent spokesperson of the brand for "older" clients

your right she IS like the epitome of makeup ad models...lol. i dont like maybelline though

Hurray for Kristin :clap: !!!

She's so gorgeous and I soooooo see her in Maybelline ads. :heart:

She is so beautiful... in that so-perfect-you-can't-stand-it kind of way. I can totally see her doing makeup ads, but Maybelline? Their ads always seem so cheesy and low-budget to me. Maybe her campaign will be more professional and classy - we can only hope that they'd spend a little more money on a campaign featuring her.

She is so beautiful... in that so-perfect-you-can't-stand-it kind of way. I can totally see her doing makeup ads, but Maybelline? Their ads always seem so cheesy and low-budget to me. Maybe her campaign will be more professional and classy - we can only hope that they'd spend a little more money on a campaign featuring her.

Originally posted by oanadobre@Jul 27 2004, 05:24 AM
I think she's too old for Maybelline's image :innocent:
[snapback]316362[/snapback]​

Isn't she like, 35? Wow, what a dinosaur! Revlon uses Melanie Griffith and Julianne Moore. Loreal uses Andie Macdowell. I think this is a great move for Maybelline.

I didn't say that she is too old in general- she is 39, actually. Anyway, I think a 35 years old woman is still young. However, Maybelline has been a youth-oriented company at least so far. If they're trying a radical turn, I don't think Kristin is a great idea- maybe they should have used a real A list celebrity.

I don't think Kristin really has ANY kind of image except the one she portrayed in SATC. The image they described seems like Charlotte. What if she plays someone really different in the new series. I don't think she is famous enough to have an image sepparate from her best known role.

Someone post a pic of her? I don't think I know who you're talking about. Thanks :smile:

Ohh, thanks for the picture.
Yep, she would suit cosmetic advertising, she has that sort of face. :blush:

A pic...

(credit: maybelline.de)

l282l291l475_model.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back