knitwear - what do you see?

meme527

Reaction score
'tis the season for putting on that extra layer, and i have been knitting hats and scarves and gloves lately. the trend towards hand knits isn't going anywhere, i gather.

so i am looking out at what is happening. john rocha is a big inspiration for me. i'd love to see some more pics of knitwear that people are liking on the runway, either the current season or the recent fall/winter...

thanks, m.

photo_mid_def_1574799.jpg

photo_mid_def_1574798.jpg
photo_mid_def_1574804.jpg

john rocha f/w '06
http://www.firstview.com/collection.php?p=16&id=11991&of=22

Cahmere scaref,£110 by Drake's
plum purple wool cardigan £115 Antik Batik
Cherry red trench coat,£45,h+m

I love the thick-knit hats in light colours, eg in the second picture you posted. They are so adorable

i am really enjoying these thick knit hats too; have been seeing them all over! the shape is quite rounded and oversized, while i usually design a cloche style hat that fits closer to the scull. looking forward to experimenting with this shape.

speaking og knits - this from the International Herald

When knits are hits

By Suzy Menkes
spacer.gif

Published: September 27, 2006
null.gif

null.gif

null.gif

MILAN The war of the wools is being fought in such a genteel way among the Scottish knitwear clans that they seem more like friends than fashion foes.
Ballantyne and Pringle should be archrivals, since both brands showed on the same day in Milan, both have a diamond pattern as a base and both are trying to be lairds of luxury. Yet they proved that when knits are hits there is plenty of space.
Ballantyne played up its heritage by transporting a little bit of Scotland to Italy. Two weavers creating intricate intarsia, or built-in-picture, patterns worked at their looms against a backdrop of 40 years of designs. Framed like the pictures they create were the color charts for poodles, flowers, polo players and jungle animals. Each spot on a leopard's hide, or the petals of abundant poppies, appeared on the archive knits.
Taking inspiration from the historic themes, especially from the prolific 1970s, Ballantyne showed the modern versions of animals, art, flowers and sport. Worn casually by the models with streamlined clothing, the intense art and craft was absorbed into a fresh, preppy look.
At Pringle, the designer Claire Waight Keller did something smart: She focused on knit but fused it with tailoring to create an unforced collection with a defined identity. Rib-knit collars or cuffs casually enriching a jacket, or the designer's favorite pleated skirt with flying panels of knit, seemed light and modern.
Catching the 1980s vibe, Pringle's version was of a generous, but not chunky, trapeze-shaped top worn with skinny pants. The stitch-craft was delicate, especially for the slithery dresses that opened the show and for lacy cardigans, which along with a pallid palette and feminine shapes made this collection seem young and fresh.

MILAN The war of the wools is being fought in such a genteel way among the Scottish knitwear clans that they seem more like friends than fashion foes.
Ballantyne and Pringle should be archrivals, since both brands showed on the same day in Milan, both have a diamond pattern as a base and both are trying to be lairds of luxury. Yet they proved that when knits are hits there is plenty of space.
Ballantyne played up its heritage by transporting a little bit of Scotland to Italy. Two weavers creating intricate intarsia, or built-in-picture, patterns worked at their looms against a backdrop of 40 years of designs. Framed like the pictures they create were the color charts for poodles, flowers, polo players and jungle animals. Each spot on a leopard's hide, or the petals of abundant poppies, appeared on the archive knits.
Taking inspiration from the historic themes, especially from the prolific 1970s, Ballantyne showed the modern versions of animals, art, flowers and sport. Worn casually by the models with streamlined clothing, the intense art and craft was absorbed into a fresh, preppy look.
At Pringle, the designer Claire Waight Keller did something smart: She focused on knit but fused it with tailoring to create an unforced collection with a defined identity. Rib-knit collars or cuffs casually enriching a jacket, or the designer's favorite pleated skirt with flying panels of knit, seemed light and modern.
Catching the 1980s vibe, Pringle's version was of a generous, but not chunky, trapeze-shaped top worn with skinny pants. The stitch-craft was delicate, especially for the slithery dresses that opened the show and for lacy cardigans, which along with a pallid palette and feminine shapes made this collection seem young and fresh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->