Knock Off Uggs

Yes - the American "UGG Australia" is actually a knockoff. They didn't invent the ugg boot. It is a generic term for sheepskin boots in Australia. There are many manufacturers. Check out:

http://www.australian-uggs.com/where-can-i-find-uggs.htm

Also, "UGG Australia" no longer manufacture any of their footwear in Australia - the majority are made in China. That's what you are paying for :-)

Lastly - beware of cheap alternative brands. Sheepskin / lambskin is very expensive. $US 40 or thereabouts definitely means faux fur so they won't last the same as genuine sheepskin. Sure they might look the same but once you've worn them a bit you'll realise why they were cheap.

The real cheap ones are actually fake leather with fake wool. The medium cheap ones are pigskin leather mounted onto a fake wool. The average cheap ones will be pigskin leather over what they call single-faced sheepskin (so skins that have nice wool but the skin is marked, etc.). Most genuine Australian sheepskin boots are still much cheaper than the American "UGG Australia" ones but obviously higher priced than the cheapo ones at discount stores.

LolitaLux
I was at the WMC last year and we spent the day and night partying in as little as possible. I would imagine that it might get a bit warm in sheepskin boots in (hopefully) 80F+ weather.
Why not try sandals, or something that wraps around the ankle if you don't like flip flops?

You are absolutely right, Hip0204 - and remember that UGG AUSTRALIA is actually American-owned! : :wacko:

WE still make OURS in New Zealand (ugg boots are a generic thing here, too) and ours start at $US70 for the short boots.

Mi Woollies

BTW: Ugg boots are sheepskin - so it's WOOL not FUR on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->