Laetitia Crahay

gian-franco

Reaction score
I just noticed - Laetitia hasn't got her own thread. Well, now she will! I really admire her.
So, post everything you have on her. I saw and article about her and her home on the march issue of US Marie Claire, maybe someone can scan it...

a new article on her in the T magazine

Laetitia Crahay talks like a hurricane, passionately blustering her way through a stream of gabbling about what she loves and hates. And she pretty much loves or hates everything. Since she started working with her fashion-school-dropout classmate Olivier Theyskens to set up his renegade brand in 1997, she has turned herself into one of the most creative forces in fashion. Now 33, she heads up accessories and jewelry at Chanel, and is the artistic director of Maison Michel, the tiny millinery firm that Chanel invested in in 2006 as part of an effort to preserve traditional craftsmanship in Paris.
Since then, what Crahay has done with the company has been nothing short of remarkable. She’s created an entire world of hype around a few sexed-up hats, getting them onto the heads of everyone from Lara Stone to Lady Gaga, and bringing in collaborative partners like the wunderkind illustrator Cedric Rivrain. Yes. Sexed-up hats. It’s no mean feat — there is, after all, not much in the fashion world ordinarily that’s fustier and less sexy than hats. The Moment caught up with Crahay in anticipation of the Fall 2010 Chanel show.
Q.
You’ve almost single-handedly managed to make hats sexy. That’s a unique talent you have!
A.
It’s a big deal, no? It’s not easy! But it’s really not single-handed — it’s really about the people that wear my hats. This company is about the people that inspire me: my friends. Look at my catalog for last season, for example. I shot all of the people around me. We had no budget, so I asked all of my friends [Olivier Theyskens, Lou Doillon, Sean Lennon, Erin Wasson et al.] to do it for free. I never ask friends favors like this, so I thought it was okay, and everyone did it, and I asked Karl Lagerfeld to shoot it. It’s a real group effort, like a family. In fact, most of these people are my neighbors! Olivier Theyskens lives at No. 8 on my street, I am No. 5, Sean [Lennon]’s girlfriend is down the street. Like I said, a family.
Q. Yes. Like the Kennedys. With Karl at the helm. I read something where you said it was easy to get into Chanel but hard to stay there.
A. That’s one of my favorite articles about myself! It made me cry! I usually hate articles people write about me. I have a lot of interviews and people ask the most stupid things. They don’t know anything about fashion — they ask what’s the difference between haute couture and couture, or what my favorite color is. I had one interview where they asked me about skin care! “How do you have such good skin?” I don’t think about that! I smoke, I party, I drink a lot. Because of that, now everyone asks me about my skin!
Q. I understand people wanting to ask you about things that are not clothes, though. Talking about clothes is boring: that’s why we have pictures!
A. No, I know, clothes are superboring! It’s fashion that’s interesting, the sociological phenomenon of fashion, not talking about clothes. It’s got nothing to do really with clothes. That’s what always attracted me, anyway. I ended up in accessories by accident almost. I studied architecture before fashion, and I think in three dimensions. Before I studied fashion at La Cambre [in Belgium, where she spent two years studying alongside Olivier Theyskens], I was never obsessed with fabric or anything like that. I was never like the gay boys in my class who would spend 10 hours draping fabric on a body. Boring!
Q. You went to fashion school hating clothes?
A. Yes. Partly I think because I had an anxiety where I didn’t want to be like my family — my mother and uncle were artists, one of my uncles taught at La Cambre — so I was never at one with doing something creative! I wanted to study mathematics to begin with. But I ended up at La Cambre when I was 18. Fashion was different then; it was much less defined. I was obsessed with fashion as a whole: the people, the feeling around it, the scene, the music. Now it’s obvious, you’re into a scene, but at the time it wasn’t like that. Not in Belgium anyway. There was nothing like H&M, Vuitton was not by Marc Jacobs. … If I was an 18-year-old girl now, I would never want to do fashion. Now it’s all laid out and there’s a job for everything, and everyone wants to do it. All the 18-year-old girls either want to be singers or fashion designers. It’s boring.
Q. Fashion is like pop music to this generation.
A. I guess they think it’s easy, and it’s not! That’s what I meant about Chanel: It’s a very particular thing to be able to blend Chanel with your character, to do Chanel but keep your artistic difference, and to make it work with Karl’s character, too. Karl is amazing, by the way. He’s supercool! He’s the coolest person in that company. Nobody knows that! He’s so sensitive about everything. He enters a room and he can see how you’re feeling. “Are you sad?” or something. It’s so different from what people see on the outside. He is the one that makes people stay at Chanel.
Q. So giving you Maison Michel was his move to make you stay? He did it to keep you sweet?
A. No! Not at all. He doesn’t think like that! He’s not a businessman. He runs everything on instinct. Very calm all the time, and thoughtful.
Q. Calm … like you!
A. Maybe not! Recently people have been comparing me to Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”! It’s a horrible cliché, but I do have a cat like her, and I do live in this chaos! I hope the party I’m hosting tonight will be like the party she does in that movie! Where the police turn up and ask whose party it is and she points the finger at someone else and runs off with a billionaire. I’m going to do that! Later, if the police come, I’m going to point the finger at you! And I’ll run off with a billionaire. Is that okay?

25silva-crahay-tmagArticle.jpg

25silva-crahay-custom1.jpg

and this comes from elle.fr, but... in french
La tonique créatrice des bijoux Chanel et de la Maison Michel nous dévoile son beauty code.
Votre réflexe beauté au saut du lit ?
Pendant les collections, je prends des oligoéléments : cuivre-or-argent (sous la langue, à jeun). Les lendemains de fête, une ampoule de radis noir/artichaut Superdiet, ça nettoie le foie des excès !
Quel est votre rituel de soin le matin ?
J’applique le Baume contour des yeux Anti-Rides de Clé de Peau, que je masse avec un drainage lymphatique circulaire. Ensuite, sur tout le visage, le sérum Flavo-C Auriga. Puis, la crème à la rose Dr Hauschka, à laquelle je mélange deux gouttes d’actif antiradicalaire d’Henri Chenot. Et, sur le corps, je morcelle : sur les seins, l’huile Ylang Ylang et, sur les cuisses, la Tuberose Intoxication, les deux de vchez Agent Provocateur. Dans le cou, quelques gouttes du Musk for Her de Narciso Rodriguez. Et, aux beaux jours, j’alterne avec un pschitt d’Eau de Toilette Azurée d’Estée Lauder.
Et le soir ?
Je m’enduis les mains de crème (Age Management Cream de La Prairie). Parfois, je mets sur le visage le Fluide Energisant Hâle Progressif de Chanel. Au réveil, j’ai l’air d’avoir passé la journée sur un yacht !
Et avant de prendre l’avion ?
Joëlle Ciocco m’a recommandé Abriciol, un baume huile SOS. On brille un peu, mais, à l’atterrissage, on est parfaite ! Pour la circulation, des pastilles Veinobiase.
Le dernier achat beauté qui vous ait transcendée ?
Le Fond de Teint Face and Body de M.A.C. Très fluide et transparent, en couleur C5 pour l’été et C4 quand je débronze.
Comment prenez-vous soin de vos cheveux ?
Avec le Bain de Force et le Ciment Anti-Usure Kérastase Résistance. Comme ils sont très fins, avant le brushing, je pschitte en racine le Thickening Spray de Bumble & Bumble. Une fois par mois, je me fais un nettoyage du cuir chevelu avec le Gommage Chanel Précision (celui pour le corps).
Et de votre corps ?
Je suis végétarienne depuis mes 18 ans, mais le vrai truc pour être mince et le rester, c’est de ne jamais faire de régime, de manger sainement, avec quelques écarts quand on en a vraiment envie. Côté forme, quand je suis à Paris, j’alterne, deux fois par semaine, des séances de 1 h 30 de boxe et de gym avec Coach Patrick, le seul qui rend accro au sport (www.coaching-office.com). Partout ailleurs, je pratique yoga et Pilates dès que je peux.
Quel petit plaisir vous accordez-vous de temps en temps ?
Un massage-drainage à domicile avec Anne-Laure (tél. : 06 13 30 74 12).
Votre plan bio ?
Je prends des gélules Esther C + 500 mg de Solgar quand je me sens raplapla. Et, pour une petite détox, pendant trois jours je mange 40 g de riz complet avec des légumes cuits, trois fois par jour. Avec un max de tisanes.
Quel est le meilleur conseil beauté que l’on vous ait donné ?
C’est ma dermato Marie Serre qui me l’a inculqué : jamais de soleil sur le visage, même en hiver ! Du coup, je suis abonnée à Anthélios XL 50 + de La Roche-Posay.
J’ai toujours dans mon sac
* Le Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils, Bordeaux, Yves Saint Laurent.
* Le Gloss Aqualumière, Freeze et Ironic Tonic, Chanel.
* Le Fond de Teint Face and Body, M.A.C.
* Anthélios XL 50 +, La Roche-Posay.
Ses produits fétiches
* L’Huile Musc for Her, Narciso Rodriguez.
* Le Lait Restructurant Ciment Thermique Kérastase.
* L’Huile Abriciol, Joëlle Ciocco.
* La Crème Contour des Yeux, Clé de Peau.

laetitia_crahay_mode_une.jpg

ok, so i found the scans from marie claire.
from nicoleluciana.blogspot.com

Attachments

• chanelpicture1.jpg
    chanelpicture1.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 29
  • chanelpicture2.jpg
    chanelpicture2.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 34
  • chanelpicture3.jpg
    chanelpicture3.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread