Height: 175cm/5'9"
Bust: 81cm/32"C
Waist: 61cm/24"
Hips: 89 cm/35"
Dress: 36EU/6US/8UK
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Ethnicity: Irish/Indonesian
Agencies: Distinct (Ireland) | TESS (London) | Elite (Stockholm) | Core (Germany) | Unique (Denmark) | Trend (Spain)
Instagram: @laurarakhmankidd

tessmanagement

tessmanagement

Laura made us all smile straight away. We first cast her for a lookbook launching at New York Fashion Week. She feels like part of a popular new wave of modeling to us — natural, fun, independent, smart. Her half Irish /half Indonesian heritage gives her a pretty unique outlook. Although new to London and incredibly humbled by her new experiences, we know she’s totally got this.

“Humans seem to be becoming so closed off to their natural empathy these days [because of] the abundance of evil we’re seeing. So when I see someone look at another person and realize that they need a little helping hand, I try and be there for them. It makes me very happy.”

“What has really helped me are books, cooking, and drawing. Are you sensing a theme? Basically, anything that takes me out of my head or just fills my brain with so much stuff that I don’t have room to think about anything else. It relaxes me.”

“People can like or dislike you for a multitude of reasons, and if I kept those in mind or constantly tried to conform to someone else’s perfect ideal all the time, I’d go insane.”

“I would love to go to Indonesia. Half my family lives there and it’s way too expensive for me to go on my own. It’d be nice if I could get to work over there for a little while and reconnect with my Dad’s side of the family and my culture.”

“Don’t be afraid to go for the things you want, and stop being paralyzed by a fear of failing. The doubt you have stems from no one but yourself! No one will judge you if you fail.”

“I’d really like to see a minimum age requirement put into place. From my own perspective, when I was 15 or 16, like many other teenagers, I had an overblown ego but low self-esteem. Everything felt hinged on what people thought of me, either through what I did or how I looked. Throwing a teen into a world where your value is completely based on how you look seems a little dangerous to me. We don’t even have a union! We need more information and advice on how to survive this industry.”

“My most surreal moment has been actually making enough of an impression on someone that they’d want to interview me.”
Auditions #05 | 5 Minutes With Some of Our Favorite Models

Last edited by a moderator:

WATCH: Behind-the-scenes of the IMAGE December fashion editorial

Arriving on set on a blustery, wet October morning, there was a distinct feeling of Christmas in the air. That feeling only grew stronger as stylist Sarah Rickard Lantry unpacked boxes of shimmering sequins, soft-to-touch velvets and decadent dresses in preparation for what was to come.

Twenty-three-year-old Irish-Indonesian model Laura Rakhman-Kidd was already in the hot seat with make-up artist Roy Wong, who was delicately dusting individual pieces of glitter across her top lid; creating a mesmerising, reflective beauty look, enhancing her already alluring eyes. Using a foray of creamy highlighters, Laura's dewy skin popped with vibrancy and a healthy glow. Behind her, hairstylist Michael Leong carefully intertwined fresh-cut roses between strands of hair, creating a type of flower crown that worked beautifully with Laura's glowing complexion.

It was important for the team that the model chosen for this December editorial reflected a new generation of Irish women, and of IMAGE readers. Kildare-born, now London-based Laura sees Ireland moving in the right direction. “Each time I return home,” she says, “the place feels a little more progressive. Laura represents an ascending generation that, as President-elect Michael D. Higgins put it in his inauguration speech, "have chosen to be agents of ethical change..... to make the possibilities of hope a reality". Group editor-in-chief Lizzie Gore-Grimes describes more on this in her December issue editor's welcome letter.

Christmas this year is casual day tops encrusted with gold foil, quilted bumbags with light-catching studs and chandelier earrings that demand to be worn with a statement lip. This Christmas, let sumptuous velvet carry you through busy days and evening soirées. When accessorising, a faux fur collar adds an unexpected punch of glamour, a simple band of diamonds give flat pumps a new edge and while an embellished hood is not for wallflowers, it is the perfect pairing over party-wear.

The crème de la crème of the shoot was, for me, a spectacularly sequinned and sheer dress from River Island that, when layered over shimmering flares from Zara and paired with an oversized brimmed hat by Anthony Peto, transformed into something totally spectacular. It has to be seen to be believed. This pair of accordion, full-length gloves from Irish designer Paula Rowan, below, are equally mesmerising, whether you choose to wear them with a glistening gown at Christmas or under the perfect faux fur coat.

WATCH: Behind-the-scenes of the IMAGE December fashion editorial | IMAGE.ie

Various Editorials Jan 2021: Anima for Dreamingless

credit: models
1504385-800w.jpg
1504386-800w.jpg
1504387-800w.jpg
1504388-800w.jpg
1504389-800w.jpg
1504390-800w.jpg
1504391-800w.jpg
1504392-800w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread