Libertine F/W 2004 New York

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
they remind me of Anthony & Alison, fresh leave inspired collection with a slight bite, not bad at all :P

I love the sweater Gerren is wearing! :heart:

Cute, thankyou Lena :flower:

Was it one of their designs that Meg White was wearing for the grammies - similar, if not same, leaf graphic

V. cute :P

How come their clothes never goes on sale? Are they THAT popular? It's moderately interesting, but it's getting redundant, no? Putting prints on regular clothing is cool, but it has to end some day, right? I hope we are not looking at another Imitation of Christ...

Originally posted by Alliecat@Feb 11th, 2004 - 8:02 am
Was it one of their designs that Meg White was wearing for the grammies - similar, if not same, leaf graphic
I'm wondering the same thing.

The pink & black look is fun. B)

sponsored by EccoDomani, here more about the Libertine gang :flower:

The design team of Cindy Greene and Johnson Hartig presented their fall 2004 collection of screen-printed thrift store couture at St. Bart’s church on Tuesday. The first time I saw Cindy Greene, she was on a stage at St. Marks Church in the East Village. She was playing Athena in a Ford Wright musical, “I, Medusa.” Mr. Wright’s plays have a “hobo chic” quality to them, much like the current Libertine collection.

Compared to previous seasons of Libertine, the focus has shifted from literary references to using nature as a muse. The clothes were overtaken by a wealth of imagery, and the effect was much like an untended garden.

In keeping with the earthy, Highland-inspired clothing landscape, military greens, muted grays and tweedy browns completed the palette. Libertine’s one-of-a-kind clothes were punctuated by high contrast screen-prints—white graphics of horses and leaves on dark suits, and dark prints of insects and birds on the lighter colored pieces.

Celebrities, buyers and editorial directors were in force in the tiny auditorium. Seated on the front row, Hamish Bowles of Vogue seemed particularly enthralled with the collection.

Jimmy Fallon of SNL, wearing his custom-made Libertine shirt based on a Syd Barrett album cover, gushed: “I thought the show kicked ***!”

Helena Christensen loved the men in tights, but also loved the more feminine pieces: “There were two dresses at one point, a white one embroidered and see-through, and right after that came a black dress that I loved.”

Casey Spooner of Fisherspooner said: “I really liked the eagle suit. I liked the patriotism of it, I think that it’s high time that we take back the flag, take back the motifs of America, for the people that really deserve them… It’s wearable, yet glamorous. The best thing, though, was at the end of the show. I really felt like there was a real solidarity in the room. I’ve known Cindy for a long time so it’s really gratifying to see her come to fruition.”

At the end of the show, rather than have the models file back onto the runway, the curtains parted to reveal a dramatic found-object tableau featuring the players precisely placed around a folksy set. A pair of bagpipe players unexpectedly crashed the auditorium. It was like watching the final scene of Brigadoon, but with much better clothes.

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 2:35 pm
Casey Spooner of Fisherspooner said: “I really liked the eagle suit. I liked the patriotism of it, I think that it’s high time that we take back the flag, take back the motifs of America, for the people that really deserve them… It’s wearable, yet glamorous. The best thing, though, was at the end of the show. I really felt like there was a real solidarity in the room. I’ve known Cindy for a long time so it’s really gratifying to see her come to fruition.”
Ok, I am now going to go vomit, thank you! :yuk:

i loved this collection so much...hey Alliecat i really wanna know if meg white's dress was ffrom this collection, it was a hella good dress only meg could pull off the marajuana "like" leaves...i wonder if anyone has a picture of it on the runway...it wasn't at style.com so yeh. mwah, bisous

this is like my favorite piece...i so can't wait to dig out my harlequin stockings and skirt for winter.

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 11th, 2004 - 3:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 11th, 2004 - 3:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Feb 11th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Ok, I am now going to go vomit, thank you! :yuk:
:lol: agreed :lol: [/b][/quote]
casey spooner...PUH-lease!!! :sick:

Beautiful collection...Meg White's dress is indeed by them and if you didn't see it on the runway - it's probably because she still has it and since they are all one of a kind...no show...

who sells this stuff? is it availabl in NY?

:heart: I have been following tehre work for several years now, i really enjoy there stuff alot :heart:

I lvoe that tehy sue these sort of old american rustic prints and styles, hardlya ny body ahs doent hat , and its veyr exiting to me. american folk punk :lol:

I love the eye print :heart:

i like this! esp the black cocktail dress ( w/ red caplet) and im in LOVE
with the uber prep school navy blazer :heart:

:heart:

Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 12th, 2004 - 8:21 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 12th, 2004 - 8:21 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 3:20 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-faust
@Feb 11th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Ok, I am now going to go vomit, thank you!  :yuk:

:lol: agreed :lol:
casey spooner...PUH-lease!!! :sick:

Beautiful collection...Meg White's dress is indeed by them and if you didn't see it on the runway - it's probably because she still has it and since they are all one of a kind...no show...

who sells this stuff? is it availabl in NY? [/b][/quote]
Jeffrey's and Barneys (but you already guessed that :lol: ). Barneys had men's only last season, I didn't check this season yet. I will soon, though. I think going to stores is the best way to judge collections anyway.

So, this stuff is one of a kind you say? I guess that why it doesn't go on sale, even though there was a full rack of that stuff in Barneys at the end of January. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->