Linda Farrow Vintage Sunglasses

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
Linda Farrow, the pioneer behind Yoko Ono's trademark wraparounds (a result of Farrow's experimenting with screws on frames) and eyewear wholesaler for major brands (including Pucci, Balenciaga, and Sonia Rykiel in the late '70s and '80s), is back with a vengeance. Since 1970, in collaboration with her optician husband, Farrow has designed and produced hundreds of styles for her own collection and for others, including the Sterling Moss sunglasses. This spring when her son, Simon Jablon, decided to pick up the trade for himself, he opened her warehouse in London's Islington area to discover more than 1,000 pairs of vintage sunglasses in pristine condition. And with that, Farrow's fierce design sensibility was recharged. Selling the vintage pieces at upscale retailers like Browns, Maria Luisa and 10 Corso Como, Linda Farrow Vintage is back "to reclaim their rightful position on the bridge of the most fashionable noses in the world," says Sleazenation's Nicola Evans. Future plans include selling out the discovered sunglasses to stockists around the world, and collaborating with a major, as yet unnamed fashion house for a fall 2004 collection, to be premiered at the February shows. And don't worry, if you don't get your hands on a pair of the limited number of vintage shades, Farrow, along with her son Simon, will be showing their new signature collection at fashion week as well.

i like these .... they have attitude B) pollock ish :P
eye-found_big.jpg

:sick:

I think the glasses would make MUCH more of an impact without the paint.
It's distracts from the shape. Thought granted, the shape might not be that interesting...can't tell from here.

0022h.jpg

(picture from men.style.com)
i for sure am going to have to get my hands on a pair of linda farrows

I saw the black and the white pair at Off 5th at Woodbury Commons. I almost passed out when I saw Linda Farrow but I didnt really like any of them on my face.

lolita where r u?????
as always you were right on with this thread.
Linda Farrow is the best right now!!

here are 2 of my new real Vintage ones
(ebay)
380c_1.JPG

c548_1_b.JPG

i'm confused...what's the difference between the wayfarers and the ones posted above? :flower:

wayfarer is a STYLE name. Rayban is just a brand (since i assume you are thinking of the rayban wayfarers) linda farrow also produced a wayfarer style (who knows, perhaps before)

Meg is right. Like the aviator. Rayban's known for aviators, but many brands've made versions of it. Same with the wayfarer.

af_1.JPG

:heart:

ebay

thought i would share with you all a brilliant cover of UK Vogue with Linda Farrow Vintage.
They are today the biggest in the business in terms if fashion essential and are growing by the second.
I have rarely seen any other brand who gets so much press and first place product placement!!:heart:
i love these guys

(my pic)

I love these sunglasses, however the styles I have tried do not suit me. I guess it's a difficult shape to work with.

not sure if its out yet intl. i havent got mine yet :wink:

unplugged,
i agree that not all styles fit and specially the vintage. but ive seen a couple of guys with them on (specially some more plain aviators) and they looked great!

ah, i haven't got mine yet either, i usually get it around this date, 10-13th, if i remember correctly

I'm thinking of getting the linda farrow i pictured above, but i doubt i will, as i'm not sure if they'll flatter me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->