Liu Wen

82852225.jpg

shotby.damianbao.org

She's part of the Marni for H&M campaign by Sofia Coppola! :woot:

One of the reasons we’ve been so excited about this Marni for H&M collection, besides the fact that it’s Marni and we love Marni’s prints and quirky intellectual aesthetic, is that Sofia Coppola was involved and, well, we’ve always sort of had a girl crush on her. She was tapped to direct the commercial for H&M’s latest collab, out March 8, and we’ve got a first look at a behind-the-scenes reel from the shoot, plus the final product.

In the behind-the-scenes footage, Coppola says she took the assignment because she’s “never really done anything around fashion, and when they told me it was Marni it sounded like an interesting project.” Coppola, as a director, may have never “really done anything around fashion,” but she is, of course, a fashion fixture, style icon to many, and one of Marc Jacobs’ besties. But it turns out she’s a Marni girl, too. “I always thought [Marni] made interesting fashion and that the prints were always unusual and they really have their own look–it doesn’t look like anything else.”

Coppola shot the commercial at a villa in Marrakech that she’d been to with friends years ago. She wanted to find an actress to be the “main girl” and asked the casting people she uses for her films to pick one: enter Imogen Poots. Poots is the star of the commercial, but by no means the only familiar face. The commercial is a quintessential Coppola-party: beautiful rich-looking kids (Annabelle Dexter Jones), models (Liu Wen) and assorted hot boys (actors and models Sam Hayes, Antonine Peduzzi, Nicolas Peduzzi, Charlie Klarsfeld, and Jonatan Frenck) swan about looking effortlessly cool at a party that goes from day to night. And as always with Coppola, the music choice is spot on. Bryan Ferry’s “Avalon” provides the soundtrack, cementing the sort of hazy, effortless, cool-girl vibe of this collection.

Does it make you want to shop it?
Fashionista.com

i like the video.....the big concern i have with it is that liu wen gets almost NO SCREEN TIME!!!!! :angry: she should have been the STAR in this campaign, for goodness sake! ugh, this pisses me off.

no offense to imogen poots (who is a very lovely looking girl, but i feel embarrassed to say i giggle every time i see her name :lol:), but it's about time liu wen gets star billing in a campaign. as a model, she's well-known enough to do big only-girl campaigns, and she deserves it.

hoping to see her in the print ads, at least.

I don't understand why she accepted this offer in the first place, she shared ck ads with only Lara Stone for 3 seasons,but I scarcely spotted her shots on any western magazine, and for this case, I don't think she would even be in the background on the print ads, so what is she or her agent thinking?

And I think another reason might be...Sofia Coppola!

If I can be in a SC movie for one second I would be thrilled :rofl:

The Lust List: Liu Wen
PHOTOGRAPHS BY MATT IRWIN
The Chameleon: Liu Wen
How You Know Her: First Chinese model to walk the runway for Victoria's Secret; first Asian model to be a face for Estée Lauder; breaks boundaries wherever she plants a Louboutin, basically. Also: stunningly versatile; can do girl- next-door hot, weird-Björkish hot, mysterious-Wong-Kar-Wai-heroine hot, just-me-and-my-Chucks-and-my-cell-phone street-candid hot, etc.
fOKRS.jpg
47BVC.jpg

KowkW.jpg

gq.com

VIDEO: http://www.gq.com/video/videos/lust-list-women-liu-wen (VIDEO BY GORDON VON STEINER)

She's been working really hard,try her best to hold every working opportunity,she deserves more.
Take care of yourself during the fashion weeks.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad even she's been the most famous chinese model, she's still working on it and trying to be the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhLaLaLa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->