Liu Wen

Vogue China November 2014

vogue.es via Oxymore

Such an incredible cover, and also an seems to be creating a buzz for her which is always good! :magic:

Finally a solo Vogue China cover for Liu Wen! And I'm happy about the creative team behind this cover (David Sims + Karl Templer).

:woot::buzz::bounce::clap: Yes! Finally! Long overdue, but still, still glad Liu is working with Vogue China and they have been supportive throughout the years of her career. Hope to see more covers from them both; and better yet, I want another cover as soon as next year, too. :magic:

Also, glad to see Sims working with Liu again.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTS_VC_SEPT_COVER_ANG_CHEUNG.jpg

#regram @angelica_cheung visited me on the @voguechinamagazine cover shoot set back in September! Thank you for all your support ��

CANDIDS_JOB_ON_RUN_NYC.jpg

Saying bye to Milan a little earlier this season! Back to NY for a job and then off to Paris!✈️����
both from instagram.com/liuwenlw

Well, I wonder if Liu happened to shot the November cover for VC in the midst of Milan fashion week. Probable? Also given those hints and the picture of her and the apple watch via her instagram... Or she happened to shot for something else too?

Also, Liu's showlist:

SPRING/SUMMER 2015
TOTAL: 13 SHOWS
OPENED|CLOSED: 0

NEW YORK: 2 SHOWS
ANNA SUI
MARC JACOBS

LONDON: 0 SHOWS

MILAN: 4 SHOWS
BLUMARINE
GUCCI
PORTS 1961
ROBERTO CAVALLI

PARIS: 7 SHOWS
BALMAIN
CHANEL
GIVENCHY
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
NINA RICCI
SONIA RYKIEL
VIONNET​

LIU_PEEKBOO.gif
:blush:
comme-des-coutures.tumblr.com

And, just wanna say hi to everyone here and Liu Wen! (I have come to believe that you shadow this thread, just recently :wink:.)

BTS_VC_SEPT_COVER_ANG_CHEUNG.jpg

CANDIDS_JOB_ON_RUN_NYC.jpg

both from instagram.com/liuwenlw

Well, I wonder if Liu happened to shot the November cover for VC in the midst of Milan fashion week. Probable? Also given those hints and the picture of her and the apple watch via her instagram... Or she happened to shot for something else too?

Also, Liu's showlist:

SPRING/SUMMER 2015
TOTAL: 13 SHOWS
OPENED|CLOSED: 0

NEW YORK: 2 SHOWS
ANNA SUI
MARC JACOBS

LONDON: 0 SHOWS

MILAN: 4 SHOWS
BLUMARINE
GUCCI
PORTS 1961
ROBERTO CAVALLI

PARIS: 7 SHOWS
BALMAIN
CHANEL
GIVENCHY
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
NINA RICCI
SONIA RYKIEL
VIONNET​

LIU_PEEKBOO.gif
:blush:
comme-des-coutures.tumblr.com

And, just wanna say hi to everyone here and Liu Wen! (I have come to believe that you shadow this thread, just recently :wink:.)
No,this issue was shot in London according to Liu Wen.

Modern Times
Vogue China Oct. 2014

My Scan

@Benedict, thanks for the clarification. Also, it probably wouldn't have been possible due to the time frame--knowing they are published in advance.

However, that means we could expect something new from Liu. I really hope it was for a campaign. :magic:

Anyway, I've always wanted to see an ed/ad of some kind featuring Natasha and Liu together. It turned out to be the H&M ad instead. Hopefully next time!

instagram/liuwenlw

Although it's nice seeing Liu's work from Asia, but could we please see more work from Liu in other publications...such as other editions of Vogue, ID, Numero, W, V, Love, etc...?

GOOD GRACIOUS! Every person who adores Liu, should watch this. :lol::D "Nooo, I'm still single...":rofl: I don't think I've ever saw her this animated. Saw something new in Liu after watching. :blush:

youtube

Her recent interview with CNN:

youtube

Like other models at her level, I'm glad that we get to hear and see her venturing off to side projects (finally) to elevate her name/brand. I also hope she gets to try acting, like she said in the Madame Figaro clip. :mohawk: That would be awesome for her.

This is her project. So hopefully maybe through this, she could get some experience and then transition into smaller roles/projects and from there, go all out.

我的私人视频 《纹理》第一季 11月2日上线 爱奇艺时尚http://f.iqiyi.com The first episode of my Chinese video project "Wen Li" will be online at f.iqiyi.com on November 2nd! Hope you all enjoy it!
instagram/liuwenlw

Watch the preview here:
http://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rrn4aq1c.html?source=www.weibo.com

Hopefully these aren't too big and won't cause lagging...

:lol::cool::blush::flower:

weibo/modelliuwen

She's so adorable in the videos and gifs ! And I can't wait to see this lifestyle blog that they mention in the interview, I really love her style and personality.

Vogue China November 2014 Editorial without Texts
photogragher David Sims
stylist Karl Templer
005G4rIegw1elop9esx7xj30fn0kuwfo.jpg

005G4rIegw1elop9ilg02j30fo0kumy4.jpg

005G4rIegw1elop9mwf19j30fo0kut96.jpg

005G4rIegw1elop9piyqhj30fo0kumyk.jpg

005G4rIegw1elop9sb1b5j30fo0kut9j.jpg

005G4rIegw1elop9vs52zj30fo0kuaax.jpg

005G4rIegw1elopa0vihqj30fo0ku0t6.jpg

005G4rIegw1elopab72hwj30fo0kugm4.jpg

005G4rIegw1elopae6wxhj30fn0kuq41.jpg

She's adorable and so warm in the interviews! Her smile has always been a great strength of hers and it just makes sense that her personality is just as inviting.

I'd love to see her get into acting as well as some business ventures so that she can expand her "brand"

Manifesto Magazine October 2014 “Running the world”
Photographer Liang Zi
Fashion Editor/Stylist Jonathan Yee
69a1351ajw1elwecgz6q7j20cy0gsjsf.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecezkzlj20fz0kudha.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecf3gmyj20fz0kujs3.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecfgoe8j20fz0ku0u5.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecemawvj20da0hs40h.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecfsf8sj20fz0ku0un.jpg

69a1351ajw1elwecg4oa1j20fz0ku0ua.jpg

manifesto.asia

This ed is so Juergen Teller-wanna-be , it makes me feel really sorry for Liang Zi and Liu Wen

Liu Wen attend the 11th annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards at Spring Studios on November 3, 2014 in New York City.

With Zac Posen, wearing Zac Posen.

instagram/liuwenlw

zimbio.com

A recent Feature via Vogue, her photo diary:

See Model Liu Wen’s Whistle-Stop Tour of China: From Shanghai to Changsha and Back

If you follow model Liu Wen on Instagram (@LiuWenLW), Facebook, or Twitter (@LiuWenLW)—and with a combined 1.1 million followers across all platforms, the chances are that you do—it doesn’t take much to pick up on her status as one of the most well-traveled models in the industry: At any given time, she’s equally likely to be snapped in Sweden celebrating National Kanelbulle Day or surveying the scene at Coney Island. This time around, Wen took us on a tour of her native China, sharing her favorite moments from her home country—from encountering herself, in billboard form, to her East-meets-West crossover breakfast—in a photo diary that’s both meditative and picturesque.

"Flying often makes me lose my sense of time. Is it day? Night? Whenever I open the shades on the plane, I always feel like I’m in between dimensions. From one place to another, surprises often await at every destination."

"Although every airport has its standard elements, I have a special affinity for Changsha’s airport. The amount of times I've arrived in and departed from this city is much lower than NYC or Beijing, but here, it feels as if only a terminal entrance separates me from home—even though home—Yongzhou—is still more than 200 miles away."

"This morning’s breakfast is coffee and porridge, alongside bread and rice noodles. It’s a stitch of my usual experience: a crossover of East and West. I love mixing the two together, as it’s the truest reflection of my life today."

"When I set off at dawn today, I saw a pyramid-like structure while on the road. It was like waking up from a dreamscape—perhaps my memory has confused me, and I’m actually in Egypt or outside the Louvre . . . and not in China? But in reality, this is still my home province of Hunan, and I’m only getting ready for the next city on my journey."

"I encounter myself more often these days, intentionally or unintentionally. Whenever I raise my head and see that “me” that’s so different from my everyday self, I always want to say “hello” and find out who she wants to be tomorrow."

"Shanghai, New York, or Paris—they’re all similar in their everlasting dynamism. Shanghai is a city that I typically visit to work rather than for leisure, so career responsibilities usually await me here. I usually find myself standing in front of the hotel window, watching the cars venture by on the highway before starting my day."

"Bamboo is a quintessential plant from the East. They grow fast and represent integrity and elegance. I love how the thin leaves sway gently in the wind. In fall’s residual warmth they float to the ground, awaiting the next revival during spring."
vogue.com

Couple shots in Femina China Oct 28, 2014:

weibo/liuwenmodel

:D
youtube

Does she have some sort of contract with LV? Maybe an ambassadorial role? She's always making appearances at LV-affiliated events/shows and she's usually wearing either Louis Vuitton accessories or clothes in her day-to-day photos. Plus there's that advertorial in Manifesto.

^What prompt you to think that?

From my understanding she still has a relationship with Ghesquiere - from Balenciaga to Louis Vuitton. She has walked all of his RTW shows since she came onto the scene. However, I was disappointed that she didn't walked Ghesquiere's last Balenciaga show.

And from what I gathered, she has been attending the LV shows starting with SS15 Resort. And this season she was also there:

facebook/eliteparis

Before, I wanted Liu to grab a Balenciaga campaign (it's not like Meisel isn't fond of Liu) but it never happened; hopefully she could score a LV campaign. This, to me, would solidify their relationship/loyalty and she's an actual muse to him. Make it happen! :magic:

Did Liu let Xiao, though? :lol:

weibo.viviven19

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry Galea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->