Liu Wen

Misc. shots of Liu and co.

'Elegance is an innate sensibility. Something that comes from the inside' - Jason Wu. Manifest to the fullest in muse and friend Liu Wen. Last night [Nov. 28] at Martell Jason Wu Black Tie Limited Edition Gala event in Shanghai. Stunning in Every way... Inspired... -Melvin Chua

in order of appearance: weibo.com/u/2034822390 (1,2,7&11),iconosquare/jasonwu;asiansinfashion;sumsmchen;eddie326;leonlee0616

:heart: the look, especially the dress and lip color. The fact that Liu exudes elegance already - I also like when Liu is giving attitude; diversify her list of personality (and of course lure in those folks too).

Liu looked unbelievable at Martell Jason Wu Black Tie Limited Edition Gala! Also her edit in Modern Lady is stellar work as well.

So elephant in the room, was she not asked back to walk for VS? I'm particularly interested since it's important to see Asian representation on such a publicized runway. I know Ming and Sue He were there but I missed seeing Liu. Anyone know? :huh:

she walked 4 times, consecutively from 2009 (debut) until 2012. 2013 was the first year she was missing, and now this year. But I remember seeing her in the 2013 casting vid.

VS is fickle. Like Eniko Mihalik debuted in 2009 and it's been 5 years since she's walked the show again, with this year being only her 2nd time. But we saw her in casting videos from prior years too.

One hypothesis is that Liu was contracted with La Perla thus prevented her from partaking in other lingerie related work - even walking the VS show? (Cara also starred in La Perla, but I doubt she had any obligation and was able to walk the show.) Even in that Modern Lady edit - she’s wearing La Perla.

The other hypothesis is that VS lost interest in Liu Wen? Although I highly doubt VS would refuse to cast Liu with her following and name, unless other reasoning that is beyond our knowing. And honestly, and as much as I dislike seeing and saying this, but VS had more admiration for Sui over Liu… and I think the number of outfit and looks that was given to Liu speaks for itself.

It wouldn’t surprise me that Liu and her management took upon the opportunity to seal a great deal with La Perla last year. (It’s not like Liu will be given an angel contract or the like. So I think there is no loss for Liu other than to expand her presence among newer audience.) Not to mention but Liu has been on Forbes list for two years now – and I think that speaks for itself too. Liu’s focus is on the big paychecks and developing greater relationships at this point of her career.

Also, for some cases VS is a platform to supplement established faces/names; and in the case like Anja for example, Liu perhaps garnered the amount of publicity she needed for the moment thanks to VS in the past. Besides, four years is perhaps a good number for Liu and her career is changing course from the looks of things. I just hope everything comes into fruition and that she is still able to maintain and seek relationships in terms for her career and beyond.

There’s no info of Liu went to this or last year’s casting.

Liu looks wonderful in that Louis Vuitton and the third picture is so Liu - her other side, posing like that.

H&M online:

hm.com

bts at the EML_Int final.
005G4rIejw1en4h8rsoclj30et0m8760.jpg

005G4rIejw1en4h8t1456j30hs0qodhl.jpg

005G4rIejw1en4h8ubjb5j30hs0qo0uj.jpg

005G4rIejw1en4h8vkemsj30hs0qoabh.jpg

005G4rIejw1en4h8wzhz6j30hs0qojsw.jpg

005G4rIejw1en4h8qi30bj30hs0qo76m.jpg

tieba/liuwen

^That third shot & last pic's pose.:heart:

Liu, the mentor - at Elite Model Look Int'l. Final 2014:

instagram/eml_int(1,2,5&6),facebook/elitemodellookinternational,instagram/laperlalingerie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm meeting Santa in the sky this year :wink: Wishing everyone a happy holidays!

instagram/liuwenlw

Happy Holidays, Liu Wen! May life bring you more health, fun, success, laughter, warmth and joy. Thank you. :flower::heart:

LIU WEN|BODY OF WORK|2014

made by me

*This may be an incomplete list of Liu's work, thus please add or correct anything. All info courtesy of models.com, tFS, & personal memory.

AD CAMPAIGNS

1. Calvin Klein Platinum Label S/S 14 (OG) by M&M
  2. Coach S/S 14 (MG) by McDean
  3. Esprit S/S 14 (MG, two campaigns) by Lachlan Bailey, Dario Catellani
  4. H&M F/W 14 (MG, two campaigns) by Lachlan Bailey, Andreas Sjodin
  5. La Perla S/S 14 (MG) by M&M
  6. La Perla F/W 14 (MG, + swimwear & sleepwear lines) by M&M
  7. Massimo Dutti Equestrian F/W 14 (OG) by Hunter & Gatti
  8. Mo&Co F/W 14 (MG) by Karim Sadli

CATALOGS/LOOKBOOKS

1. Erdos (2x)
  2. Esprit
  3. H&M (4x)
  4. Holts Renfrew
  5. J. Crew (2x)
  6. Katie Grand for Hogan
  7. Madewell (5x)
  8. Next (6x)

EDITORIALS

1. Elle China Sept. 2014 (OG) by Ben Morris
  2. Femina China Sept. 2014 (OG) by ?
  3. Garage Magazine F/W 2014 (MG) by Platon
  4. Grazia China Mar. 2014 (OG) by ?
  5. Grazia China Sept. 2014 (OG) by Martin Lidell
  6. Numero China Sept. 2014 (OG) by Txema Yeste
  7. Manifesto Oct. 2014 (OG) by Liang Zi
  8. Modern Lady China Dec. 2014 (OG) by Yuan Gui Mei
  9. Monday Lifestyle China Jan. 2014 (OG) by ?
  10. Ok! China May 2014 (OG) by Yuan Gui Mei
  11. Rika Magazine S/S 2014 (OG) by J. M. Rochhultz
  12. S Moda Spain Apr. 2014 (OG) by Tetsu Kobuta
  13. Self Service S/S 2014 (MG) by Venetia Scott
  14. Vogue Australia Supplement Feb. 2014 (OG) by Miguel Reveriego
  15. Vogue China Oct. 2014 (OG) by Camilla Akrans
  16. Vogue China Nov. 2014 (OG) by Sims
  17. Vogue Italia Sept. 2014 (MG) by Meisel
  18. Vogue Japan Apr. 2014 (MG) by Luigi Merenu & Daniele + Iango
  19. Vogue US Aug. 2014 (MG) by Mikael Jansson
  20. W Mar. 2014 (MG) by M&M
  21. WSJ Apr. 2014 (OG) by Daniel Reira

MAGAZINE COVERS

1. Elle China Sept. 2014 (OG, two covers) by Ben Morris
  2. Femina China Sept. 2014 (OG) by ?
  3. Grazia China Mar. 2014 (OG) by ?
  4. Grazia China Sept. 2014 (OG) by Martin Lidell
  5. Manifesto Oct. 2014 (OG) by Liang Zi
  6. Modern Lady China Dec. 2014 (OG) by Yuan Gui Mei
  7. Monday Lifestyle China Jan. 2014 (OG) by ?
  8. Numero China Sept. 2014 (OG) by Txema Yeste
  9. Ok! China May 2014 (OG) by Yuan Gui Mei
  10. Prestige Hong Kong Mar. 2014 (OG) by ?
  11. Prestige Singapore Feb. 2014 (OG) by Wee Khim
  12. Rika Magazine S/S 2014 (MG, solo covers) by J. M. Rochhultz
  13. S Moda Spain Apr. 2014 (OG) by Tetsu Kubota
  14. Vogue Australia Feb. 2014 (OG, supplement) by Miguel Reveriego
  15. Vogue China Nov. 2014 (OG) by Sims
  16. Vogue Italia Sept. 2014 (MG, foldout) by Meisel

RUNWAY

F/W 14
  1. Anthony Vaccarello
  2. Chanel
  3. Givenchy
  4. JPG
  5. Kenzo
  6. Nina Ricci
  7. Stella McCartney
  8. Viktor & Rolf (C)
S/S 15
  1. Anna Sui
  2. Balmain
  3. Blumarine
  4. Chanel
  5. Givenchy
  6. Gucci
  7. JPG
  8. Marc Jacobs
  9. Mugler
  10. Nina Ricci
  11. Ports 1961
  12. Roberto Cavalli
  13. Sonia Rykiel
  14. Vionnet
Total: 22 shows, closed 1

OTHER MISC. WORK
  • i-D Mother Tongue by Daniel Bereton
  • LOVE Magazine Advent Calendar by Daniel Jackson

HIGHLIGHTS

• As usual, Liu looks ravishing at the Met Gala and Cannes every year
  • Finally received her first solo Vogue China cover
  • Scored her first Vogue Italia cover
  • First model to be featured with the Apple Watch (and editorial debut)
  • Forbes named Liu seventh highest earner

Despite the above achievements (however you want to perceive it as), the bulk of Liu’s work is mainly in China/Asia. This is not to say that it’s bad for Liu – not at all. Continuous work from these places builds and maintains relationships and the exposure doesn’t hurt at all. Especially if Liu is still gonna conquer Asia, of course. However, if we were to look and gather Liu’s body of work this year collectively, we could assess that they aren’t very blue-chip, sadly to admit that. Yes, landing VI September 50th anniversary is nice and much unexpected, but… and OG VC sporting the Apple Watch is also nice, but… And a CK repeater, which is not mainline, was nice, but… no such news and output of Estee Lauder is... a little concerning.

This is not to say Liu is gonna go into exile, irrelevant or experience obscurity, but Liu needs those blue-chip ads, covers, and OG editorials, like now.

With the transition of her work from EL to La Perla, we could hope that Liu and her managements have something in line for her next. Granted, Liu has been consistent with commercial jobs where she receive the bigger paychecks; and it’s an assumption Liu has developed strong relationship with some fashion houses (such as LV or/and CK, Shanghai Tang and smaller-name boutiques) and behemoth companies in China and probably elsewhere – which accredited her placement on Forbes, perhaps? These are all great. It’s just that a likable person, experienced model and beauty of Liu's capacity should be able to carry out/sell things and given more opportunity. It’s really frustrating.

Anyway, overall Liu did a decent/good job in 2014. CONGRATUALTIONS! And may 2015 bring more A+ work and unexpected projects. :magic::heart:

I think her management team should focus more on elevating her supermodel status, I just can't figure out why her team draws her into something like madewell catalogue or Espirit after scoring EL and Roberto Cavalli , a supermodel will dodge those degraded jobs like Arizona Muse did with Next , but all her evil team do is squeeze every penny from her while its still possible, Liu seems to be a smart girl but she sould be more career wise at this critical moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry Galea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->