Loewe Mens S/S 2019 Paris

A very good collection, but the sugar daddy aspect of the lookbook is a bit unsettling.

(That said, I don't need to work myself up either!)

It’s like toddler clothing for men…

(Did LVMH pay off high profile labels to dumb down to such basics this season so everybody will clammer for Virgil’s debut at Vuitton by comparison????)

This pederastic thing at Loewe is always a turn off for me. This look book is almost disturbing. Maybe they should started to do shows instead of presentations and then we would not have to see this kinda thing again. It would be a huge improvement.

However we have some nice clothes. Im dying for this jacket.

(Did LVMH pay off high profile labels to dumb down to such basics this season so everybody will clammer for Virgil’s debut at Vuitton by comparison????)

Good theory. Probably accurate.

Hahaha I honestly love the Loewe "pederastic" look, and then you have the women looking so strong and powerful by contrast which I just find so subversive, however this collection...is just not my cup of tea. One of his laziest offerings for men and I hate the appliques sewn into the hems of garments, so Gucci. I'm tempted to believe that this is all because of Virgil, his mediocrity is truly contagious

I absolutely hate this. Everything he's done for Loewe has been disgustingly pretentious. I'm not falling for his Faux "Intellectualism". It all comes off like a glorified student art project. Just look at the expressions on the models faces. They know how ridiculous they look, especially the guy with the short shorts and the doily top. If there was even a stitch of Artistry, then I would easily be able to appreciate it, unfortunately that's what it lacks. The long striped sweater with the tassel appliqué looks like they hot glued some fancy trim they found in a craft store. It's not all horrible, there are a couple of nice shirts and the trompe l'oeil foot shoes are kind cool. The rest is not worth the cost. You're better of buying the real thing at Gucci. At least you know it was made with Italian tailoring and craftsmanship.

It’s like toddler clothing for men…

HAHAH you made my day with this quote haha

We’re a season away from Loewe pacifiers and onesies.

I love it! I love Loewe, i love the spirit of the house, the clothes themselves for men and women.
This lookbook is pretentious as usual but with JWA it all comes down to the product. It's fun, simply but well made and i love how unformal it is. You don't go to Loewe for suits. It's really "fashion" but not the type of fashion that makes you look like a fashion victim but more like a romantic rich nomad.

I've seen a lot of Asian men wearing Loewe and even if they mostly looks good with any brand on, I love how they make it their own even in total look.

But JWA should go back to real lookbook mode. Nobody has time to see a naked man in a non-sense story...

He should really get over his grudge with Hawkesworth, if there was any for they complemented each other perfectly. I'd thought J.W would mantain his working relationship with him seeing how much he admires Iseey Miyake, who's clothes Penn so dearly inmortalized an helped develop the aesthetic for the brand. It seemed like he already had something of that sort with Jamie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every season, I keep looking forward to his menswear because I have this faith that he'd propose something similar in spirit to his womenswear. But then, he keeps disappointing me. Like Sivia Venturini Fendi, instead of creating a cohesive aesthetic when both menswear and womenswear offerings can mirror each other, what I see instead is how the former becomes the dumbed down version of the latter. It does share the same notion of eccentricity, but it severely lacks the finesse of the latter's technique and design.

Quite a few of the graphics I find very interesting visually but in the end it will be mostly hard to wear and look good in.

At this point, I'm starting to feel like Kim Basinger in "Ready To Wear", where she gives up trying to defend the naked models at the fashion show at the end, and is basically, like, "This is a bunch of horsedung (or hogwash)!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->