Loewe Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

These feather pieces are distracting me from the clothing. Also those miniature animals and the mice look odd on the ground laying there randomly. And then the music that sounds very monotonous like other designers this season.

I had higher expectations for him since the MET Gala. Those red carpet looks proved that JW Anderson and his ateliers are capable of doing much more. I was expecting to see more pieces inspired by that red feather thing since the camera language suggests it is a heavy inspiration for this collection, but only one polo shirt is presented.
Felt trolled.

Who/whom is/are the secret weapon of the Loewe team that keeps this guy from steering into his usual clownwear of his own namesake label…???

What Pharrell attempted with the suiting at the recent Vuitton and failed so miserably and so tryhard, Loews accomplished successfully here. And so effortlessly: Tailored and lean, but still roomy and casual without going into that tedious oversized shoulders and boxy cut that never looks good on anyone— even if you’re 6’2” and a EUR48. And the golden feathers looking like gold chains actually works. Very very very surprised the cast aren’t carrying several bags each since that’s the bread and butter of this brand.

Still nothing I’d spend money on, but at least the men that shops this brand won’t look like they have a toddler fetish anymore.

Thats the best trousers I have seen on a runway in a very very long time, from the slim-leg ones, to the sarouels, to the wide-leg ones , they are all perfectly proportioned and fitted .

I like that show, tailoring is there, desirable accessories, intriguing silhouettes, almost erased gimmicks. Good for Loewe that JW Anderson is pushing all this nonsense to his own brand. The funnies thing about that collection is you really want KVA back to fashion...

As a general rule I much prefer his spring collections for menswear. Whilst this doesn't quite reach the height of his S/S 2024 output (never thought high rise could look so good), I find this very tasteful and for the most part fairly desirable.

Personally I think the feather headpieces add a much needed touch of fantasy to the simpler suits and almost create a sombre backstory, which I can only imagine could be nicely expanded upon in the corresponding ad campaign when it drops next year. I don't like the oversized trousers which look a bit cumbersome/silly to me, but I guess I get the appeal for certain customers. I was particularly struck by how good this coat looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->