L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional

miu_miu

little soul
Reaction score
This is a new line from L'Oreal containing products to meet every cosmetic need in five stages, starting with primers and ending with point makeup which is divided by eye and hair colour.

The first secret is the Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (said to be similar to Clarins) which smooths away imperfections. The second approach for a flawless base are primers to help create a uniform skin tone - they are available in Anti Shine Mattifying Primer, Anti Redness Primer & Anti Dull Skin Primer. These are in travel friendly see-through tubes which have a pump, and look very similar to Make Up Forever primers if you're familiar. The next step is foundation, Smoothing Brush Foundation, which has an attached brush similar to YSL or By Terry. For point makeup, there are eye shadows & liners, lip sticks, lacquers and liners.

This is currently exclusive to Europe, and to me it's a good launch from L'Oreal. I got the Smoothing Resurfacing Primer, Anti Shine Mattiying Primer and Lip Lacquer in 220 Blondes, and I'm pretty impressed by all the products. The Smoothing Resurfacing Primer is £12.99, Mattifying Primer is £9.99 and the Lip Lacquer which reminds me a little of NARS Babydoll is a gorgeous pale shimmery pink and is £7.99. I have been addicted to this gloss since I got it, it's such a pretty colour - not too sticky and not too watery. I'm still testing the primers, but thus far they do create a smooth but not heavy base for my foundation and have controlled oiliness better than if I wasn't wearing a primer, not as brilliantly as I would like, but I have had no problems with breakouts so that's a bonus. I will add more thoughts once I've tried for a few more days ^_^

bjooti.net

Right, I bought the resurfacing primer yesterday and i'm confused, do you wear it under another primer, say the green one etc, or do you just use it under foundation?

It looks a lot better than what they usually do, I must say.

we also have that in Austria (which got me all surprised), but I didn't really try anything yet (my feeling is still they are overpriced for a drugstore brand with that kind of quality (old L'Oréal), add a few Euros and get MAC...)

The mattifying primer did nothing for me, but the smoothing resurfacing primer is amazing for oil control - unfortunately it breaks me out so I only wear it for short periods of time when I want to look extra good. I think this is the case with most primers for me, I don't think it's specifically only this one that causes me problems. Too bad!

I have the resurfacing primer as well. It helps for a smooth application and minimizes the appearance of pores (even when worn alone) however I would say it hasn't made my makeup last any long than usual.

Although I have not tried it under makeup I have tried the green primer on the back of my hand (which is a similar colour to my face i.e 'rosy' :doh:) its very light which lends itself for a smooth application and blends in easily (no green/grey tint) however I was put off by how shimmery it was.

Mindbear - I know you posted this a few months back but just in case you are still wondering, the primer goes on after moisturiser (if you are using any) and before foundation. A small pea sized amount should be enough to cover your whole face. Dab it all over you face (concentrating on the areas that you feel need most attention) and use long sweeping motions to blend it in. Try to give it a least 2-3 minutes to set before applying foundation.

I havent purchased anything from the rest of the line mainly because I didnt find any of the items to be of any greater quality to L'Oreal's mainline and for the same price you could buy MAC so why bother?

laisla: would you recommend the smoothing resurfacing primer? i have always used photo finish by smashbox (and im a big fan), but im curious to try something new..

Whether Id recommend it or not depends on what you use primer for.
If you want to create a smooth base on which to apply foundation and to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines then Id say go for it. However if you want to mattify your skin and make your makeup last longer then I think there are better products out there.

:flower:

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional 2009

levangelista gallery

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional 2010

levangelista gallery

The Smoothing Resurfacing Primer is amazing! I love the texture of it and it is really good for preventing my skin getting all oily throughout the day. I received a sample and instantly went out and bought the full-sized version. I love it!

^ second that! i LOVE it! it's so much better than the smashbox primer. you get a matte face that ''stay put'' all day long.

Studio Secret L´Oréal 2009
different pose on her face

page0092_medium.jpg

myfdb.com

L%27Oreal%20Paris%20Studio%20Secrets%20Professional%20Collection%20006.jpg

themodgoddess

I bought the pink bottle yesterday and I have to say mixed reviews. I hate the green one because it doesn't really blend and hide the redness but sits on top of the skin and people ask why do I have a bit of green on my skin?! The pink one I like though because it really does what it says it will do and blends alot easier and looks more natural. The orange one was too orange and looks horrid on my skin tone and the clear one didn't work as I don't really have a shiny face so not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to trying the green primer as a dupe for MUFE's, but it's been getting generally bad reviews so I think I'll skip it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->