Make-up to stop shine.

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by moonbeam17, Feb 14, 2009.

1. moonbeam17

moonbeam17 New Member

Hiya,

My face gets VERY shiny during the day. I use oil free moisturizers and foundations, yet I still have a shiny face.

However, I very rarely get spots. And my skins gets extremely dry if I don't apply moisturizer. Also, mattifying primers tend to dry out my skin quite a bit.

I use Mac's blotting powder to stop shine but that only works for about an hour and then I must apply it again. So, any miracle products you can recommend? I'm desperate! Please help! Thanks ^_^

2. goregeous

goregeous New Member

Have you ever tried Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet foundation? It's meant for really oily skin, and from my experience it works well. It's a little pricey so maybe go to the counter and try it on, wear it all day and see if it keeps the shine at bay.
    Also, the body shop makes a seaweed moisturizer that actually mattes the skin but still moisturizes it.....don't ask me how, but it does what it promises :p