Loretta Lux - Photographer

I really like everything about her pictures..I dont know if she is manipulating the kids eyes...

Their clothes!:heart:

I think the little boy on the floor was used for some advertisement in 2002..or maybe it was just publiced in Vogue..

Unfamiliar with the photographer, but her photos are lovely. :heart:

thanks for the thread emi.

the obvious manipulation in her pictures, the sweetness of the empty faces that might seem naive combined with these landscapes that are reminiscent of romantic paintings ..... all this makes them more profound i think than they might look at first glance...

she's defiinitely one of my favourites in modern photography.

(plus i always think 'mullet :woot:' when i see 'troll' :lol:)

That's true Anna. If only those kids wouldn't freak me out, some of them could (will?) give me nightmares. They look like they are telekinetic whizzkids.

^:lol: definitely, but that's part of the appeal, no?

i wanted to bump this thread because i was doing some research on christmas presents, and came across this book!

from biblio.com

1931788545.jpg

i'm SOOOOO buying this book - for ME :lol:

amazon.com/ca/co.uk have this book and it's only around $25 or so!

Last edited by a moderator:
these photos are so quirky and wonderful...

i like when little kids are put in adult-style clothes without sexualizing them

there's just something captivating about the photos that makes you want to keep looking and try to figure out what is making them feel so "off" or unsettling

thanks for the bump fran :heart:

i actually bought the book :heart:

the photographs are reallly great to look at in person... many of the pics in this thread are featured

how exactly is she manipulating the kids/their bodies? i cant put my finger on it!!

i LOVE her photos.. so pretty and most importantly, they got souls...

Sweets, she's using photoshop to enhance the proportions. very well done. i read that she needs months to do the digital imaging on the photos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->