Louis Vuitton F/W 2021.22 by David Sims

Whew thank heavens they changed it up, better than the last couple of campaigns!

Need to see more but this is a definite improvement from what has been going on with LV.

Gorgeous location (the white cliffs of Dover I assume?) and beautiful girls but the clothes are absolutely hilarious, I can not stop laughing at the styling in that second shot. Somehow this is giving me major Eddie Monsoon / Ab Fab fashion vibes. It's like a parody of the fashion industry in the early 2000's. Very sad for such a talented designer like Ghesquière.

I miss those first few Vuitton campaigns shot by Teller et al. They were the perfect balance of fashion and nonchalance without ever crossing that, arguably very thin, line into tastelessness.

About 5 million times better than anything they've produced in past 5 years.

I must say the clothes actually look luxurious and high fashion for once. No gimmicks, no logos, no bs. I don't even notice the bags. It's all about the clothes. That's what I like to see in a fashion campaign, the clothes! This collection was actually one of his best in quite a few years. The last one I actually remember is the one with the 18th century jackets. This is obviously David Sims, so it's a nice little reunion as well. His campaigns for Balenciaga with Coco are iconic. Hopefully this is how LV campaigns will look from now on. Everything is a massive improvement. Now if MAS could clean up her act in the styling department they could really take it to the next level.

Gorgeous location (the white cliffs of Dover I assume?) and beautiful girls but the clothes are absolutely hilarious, I can not stop laughing at the styling in that second shot. Somehow this is giving me major Eddie Monsoon / Ab Fab fashion vibes. It's like a parody of the fashion industry in the early 2000's. Very sad for such a talented designer like Ghesquière.

I miss those first few Vuitton campaigns shot by Teller et al. They were the perfect balance of fashion and nonchalance without ever crossing that, arguably very thin, line into tastelessness.

The styling is a little bit over the top, but why not? Everything is so clinical and formulated now, especially from LVMH brands. I think it's a breath of fresh air. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you have to admire the fact that they had the confidence to actually put a look like that in a campaign.

The styling is a little bit over the top, but why not? Everything is so clinical and formulated now, especially from LVMH brands. I think it's a breath of fresh air. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you have to admire the fact that they had the confidence to actually put a look like that in a campaign.

I appreciate what you're saying about the bravado behind putting such looks in the advertising campaigns, but personally I find this the opposite of fresh. On the contrary, I look back at those iconic Balenciaga by Ghesquière campaigns and see those as fresh, even today. I truly adore his old aesthetic, and as a former Ghesquière super-fan, I guess I have high expectations of him...

This holds promise, certainly at least compared to LV's recent ad output. The collection was really good and I don't really have many qualms with the styling, but there does need to be some movement to make the clothes work, which is why the first shot of Clementine doesn't work compared to the second. I also feel a cityscape would've worked better as a background, but I'll take this I suppose.

A vast VAST improvement from those mainline advertising campaigns photographed by Nicolas Ghesquière, which we unfortunately had to endure for multiple seasons in a row. Already a fan of the location, the lighting and I'm also getting David Sims vibes from this, @[B]LMV[/B].

Finally a good campaign of Vuitton, the background is fantastic & i bet than Sims shoots the ads.

I think this is part of the campaign as well.

^^ Those shots are fantastic, but I can't see how they fit with the very British seaside setting of the initial shots?

Maybe these have been commissioned especially for (another) LV book, as alluded to in the IG post?

I certainly wasn't expecting it, after recent campaigns, but this looks rather fantastic! I adore the location and the clothes work so well with this kind of background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->