Louis Vuitton Menswear F/W 2024.25 Paris

Yikes. I stopped scrolling through the looks on the Vogue Runway app about halfway through because it was so bad.

The individual pieces are not good. Everything looks extremely stiff and it all possesses that insufferable quality of looking brand spanking new. I don’t mean that clothes should look worn-out or worn-in necessarily…but I really don’t like when clothes look fresh out of a lab. The best clothes look like they’ve existed forever, in a way…that’s what true savoir faire is. It’s a tough thing to describe.

Clothes like this do not age well - and I mean that both in the sense that they will eventually look dated aesthetically, and I also mean that they will not look nicer with wear, either.

loved the set it gave me a jim jarmusch quirky americana vibe.

a bit ad nauseam but lol: this collection is very efficient and serves its purpose to supply LV mens' vapid clientele with clothes that will look dated in less than a year. i wish pharrell/the team actually designing this would translate the marketing genius of LV menswear to the designs. the clothes are not bad and theyre clearly well made but everything feels so cynical, it only cements fashion as a mere subset of the entertainment industry where musicians and actors will use it to elevate their cultural cachet.

this question might sound stupid but is pharrell allowed to send womenswear looks down his runway ? lol id be PISSED if i were nicholas

I liked the first 6-ish minutes of the music, makes me think of Jak and Daxter does Ennio Morricone.

The turquoise buttons and details don't work against the choice of fabrics and silhouettes, they read as really cheap. There are some decent pieces, but there's still a blatant issue with cut and proportions here where things read as the wrong size entirely which should have been rectified in fittings. But that is also the teams fault, so their standards are different I suppose. Maybe a change in the casting order because many of the models looked like they weren't exactly in the right fitting look.

I prefer this to his last collection, but I'm still not convinced. Can see why and how this will work at large though and the grander scheme of things.

I honestly dont think the typical customer that will eat this up, as mentioned by Lola, the Insta-clientele wanting everyone to know they are wearing LV, the rappers, the entertainers, athletes etc care so much about "FITTING", more like if it is obvious enough it is an LV piece. And unfortunately, that is the case the last decade or so, with Kim Jones' LV, Kim Jones' Dior men, Fendi men, etc etc. ( we can perhaps draw the line between such customers and those that say, gravitate towards Lemaire?)

I dont like how fashion has evolved to what it is today, but LV is able to do this mainly because it commands that prestige. Their monogrammed is probably the most historically recognisable globally today. Hermes wont be able to do this for obvious reasons..

Burberry can wish for this brand value but I dont think it is anywhere close yet. So, good for LV in that sense that they now have a special place that only they own. Gucci and Prada arent close as well.

I honestly dont think the typical customer that will eat this up, as mentioned by Lola, the Insta-clientele wanting everyone to know they are wearing LV, the rappers, the entertainers, athletes etc care so much about "FITTING", more like if it is obvious enough it is an LV piece. And unfortunately, that is the case the last decade or so, with Kim Jones' LV, Kim Jones' Dior men, Fendi men, etc etc. ( we can perhaps draw the line between such customers and those that say, gravitate towards Lemaire?)

I dont like how fashion has evolved to what it is today, but LV is able to do this mainly because it commands that prestige. Their monogrammed is probably the most historically recognisable globally today. Hermes wont be able to do this for obvious reasons..

Burberry can wish for this brand value but I dont think it is anywhere close yet. So, good for LV in that sense that they now have a special place that only they own. Gucci and Prada arent close as well.
I know, and frankly talking about it in relation to this kind of collection in this time for fashion is bit of a talking to a brick wall moment. Right now I feel like a lot of us are stuck in that position of "I get it and I get why, but I also don't" purely for the fact that it is frustrating it has come to this kind of standards. And I am very aware of the fact that the clientele will even view the cut and fit of this as "classic" and "timeless" and "forward thinking" in all the monotonous glory it really caters towards.

Really these clothes and this approach is just a continuation of the walking billboard idea. I hate that exists (also fascinated by it), but I get why it does. It sells and it's easy but makes people think it is more than what it really is. Just funny when the fit of things is so strange and yet they don't click on to it. As bad but as humorous as the fashion pantomimes that are the Real Housewives 🙃

DEI twink/sissy cowboys X Dsquared. I lived in Fort Worth , which is the epicenter of Rodeo and Cowboy culture, this felt very comical. There are some good pieces but again it is overall comical . If they used actual rodeo cowboys you would see a huge difference, they are tough ruggid mofos. Ralph Lauren does this aesthetic best with more authenticity.

Also, I still get confused by LV’s branding in general because their menswear and womenswear always felt like two different brands.
Vuitton is a luxury brand that does fashion….
You have to take it like that to understand the strategy.

And they can afford to that because they were clever enough with their branding to push the name, it supposed values, attributes first!

And they have succeeded with Dior at creating the same template.

The person who shops at Vuitton loves the brand Vuitton. The offering is large enough, from the loud runway stuff to the more formal collection designed by the studio.

Arnault has succeeded in turning the brand into a lifestyle brand. Which is not the case for Gucci for example.
Gucci is still operating like a fashion brand. They haven’t managed to create a real culture of luxury around the brand.

The beauty of Vuitton is that it seems very approachable and accessible because they are very aggressive with their marketing but, they are maybe more than any other brand, very strict with their distribution. You cannot buy a Vuitton product outside of a Vuitton store or concession.

I don't feel anything when looking at this. Another worthless gimmick fair.

The beauty of Vuitton is that it seems very approachable and accessible because they are very aggressive with their marketing but, they are maybe more than any other brand, very strict with their distribution. You cannot buy a Vuitton product outside of a Vuitton store or concession.
Indeed.
LV is expanding and growing like crazy, it's unknown when they will reach the point that they will struggle, it seems like nothing can stop Arnault for many years to come. Luxury bubbles or something like that, I'm looking forward to the day they have to taste bitter, but it seems impossible. In my wildest dreams, idk 😴

im not sure which eras of louis vuitton menswear where they ever known for doing strict tailoring and perfectly fitted outfits. Always thought their mens offerings were luxury and well made hypbeast pieces. Which their target market really do eat up and they are proud to finally be able to wear their favorite small leather good items in all different monograms and color ways.

Looking at the pictures again, there is something very unauthentic and costume-y about this. It feels very much like he just texted the team: “hey let’s do a cowboys and Indians theme” devoid of any of the cultural references or understanding what it actually means. Not that every collection needs to be deep and nuanced and referenced well (one wishes…) but it feels very hollow and empty.

Indeed.
LV is expanding and growing like crazy, it's unknown when they will reach the point that they will struggle, it seems like nothing can stop Arnault for many years to come. Luxury bubbles or something like that, I'm looking forward to the day they have to taste bitter, but it seems impossible. In my wildest dreams, idk 😴
When we talk about pricing, I think one of LV’s biggest advantage, with their exclusive distribution, is the pricing. Their pricing is super competitive in the market. And I think that this will prevent them to have their bubble explode fast.
I’m expecting the Chanel bubble to explode before Vuitton.

not great. at least the few minutes I watched.
didn’t even finish the video but thank you, as always, for posting @LadyJunon
will wait for the pictures for a better analysis of PW offer.

Vuitton is a luxury brand that does fashion….
You have to take it like that to understand the strategy.

And they can afford to that because they were clever enough with their branding to push the name, it supposed values, attributes first!

And they have succeeded with Dior at creating the same template.

The person who shops at Vuitton loves the brand Vuitton. The offering is large enough, from the loud runway stuff to the more formal collection designed by the studio.

Arnault has succeeded in turning the brand into a lifestyle brand. Which is not the case for Gucci for example.
Gucci is still operating like a fashion brand. They haven’t managed to create a real culture of luxury around the brand.

I appreciate your insight! I understand their strategy. Obviously, they have been doing really well in terms of conversion. But my question is, is their strategy now good for long-term?

The thing is, I might be expecting cohesion from LV. Because it feels like everything is just all over the place. Like, what is becoming of their identity? Does it still feel like luxury — other than the price point? Who is the LV customer now? Are they wannabes? Because it kinda seems like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->