Louis Vuitton Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

I don’t know if he understands fashion but he understand the luxury customer of today, for better or worse.
This is true and rather unfortunate for fashion (lovers), because many luxury brands are getting divorced from fashion and are producing predominantly flashy merch or non-descript pieces which could be from anywhere^ Manuela Pavesi's famous curse <It will sell well, but it isn't fashion> seems to be exactly what many are aiming for nowadays.

The best collection I've seen of him.

He got a eye for fashion, for an probable it piece. The weak point is the tailoring, specially when he does the double breasted shape or a more shapely shoulder.

I'm here for the boot cut/ bell bottom pants. Love them. Lol

But don't get me wrong. I want him out as soon as possible.

If you consider the agenda behind his appointment, he delivered. It's pop, it's entertainment.
He was hired to deliver pop culture moments, not fashion propositions, he is not here to add anything new to the menswear conversation. At best, he will give you decent clothes with eye-catching accessories.

Ok, so the collection is decent, there are a few gimmicks I can do without. Like the wheelbarrow trunks, it was cool for the first season, but here it is a bit overkill. It's time to move on.
The tailoring is decent enough, at least the cut and proportion look well made. My favorite looks are the crocodile bomber and the fur coat ( wonder if it's real fur).
But his bow is kind of cringe like he really stands still multiple times and looks at the audience like “Why are you still sitting?”. Like chilled Pharrell, you sent out a fun parade of merchandise, not CDG or Yohij.

My brother just bought a Keepall bag from his collaboration with Tyler The Creator so I guessed he does understand his target audience.
I think for the suits at LV only the women's side deserves a real fashion proposition while the men's side is just fun merchandise.

You may like this now @Lola701 but wait until he comes for Nicolas's seat ☠️:lol: . If this becomes wildly successful plus his ego I have no doubt he will ask for it.

I can imagine Pharrel briefs his design team like "Yo guys, look, look, look! I want something nice (short pause) and expensive". Then all he needs to do is to say yes or no to the assignments handed in.
I don't see any difference between him and the guy hired by Brioni at one point, Justin O'Shea. Luxury for them is basics with expensive fabric and rhinestone/diamond embroidery. These many looks to parade their wealth nonstop with no humour are suffocating to me.
Also, Pharrel usually has a key eye for bags, but for this one, I don't see anything that has the potential to become the next 'Look I am richer than you' bag.

It’s almost unfair to think that Vuitton is supposed to compete with Gucci….

That was quite a great show and quite a strong collection from Pharrell.
It’s better in terms of cut and silhouettes plus, some looks were very chic.

There were some tacky denims and I was surprised to see Hedi’s Romy bag on the runway but the bags were great too.

And the cast was wonderful. I don’t know if it’s Pharrell or his CD but it’s good to finally see some handsome men on the runway.

So far the best collection of the season.

PS: his bow was slightly embarrassing…He was expecting a standing ovation. Parisians have the Olympics and an election next week, they aren’t for it (and they are probably reserving the SO for Dries).
:-) it's the updated version of the LOUIS VUITTON BOULOGNE Shoulder Bag not the Romy ... but yes its same vibe

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 05.35.24.png Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 05.37.01.png Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 05.37.27.png

This is the epitome of fashion democratization. It’s pure show. Entertainment business.

Next move will be having an influencer as a designer or CD… about time.

Yes, when François-Henri Pinault bought CAA and put his stars in Kering brands' ads.... when LVMH launched 22 Montaigne Entertainment, signaling its intent to explore film, and TV for their brands.
In a way, we are not in the Fashion Business, we are in the entertainment business.

Rihanna Fenty was a big flop for LVMH though, I can tell she's insanely lazy where as Pharell works like a dog.

I think we will have more Halston Netflix/ New Look Apple TV/ Lagerfeld Disney Plus coming... but maybe LVMH will not be that cringe and might be able to get the tone right

What the hell was this show? America’s next Top Designer finale. Tragic…

You may like this now @Lola701 but wait until he comes for Nicolas's seat ☠️:lol: . If this becomes wildly successful plus his ego I have no doubt he will ask for it.
I don’t that will happen though. It’s something I realised myself (and through the forums) that the LV men’s and women’s operates on a different level with a different clientele. And having them both in their respective roles, women can go to Pharrells men’s and men can pick things out from Nicolas’ if they feel like it, but that would be rare for the latter. The LV men’s client is kind of dumbed down and very archaic so the freedom for them to go to LV women’s is nearly a non event because they’re less likely to flaunt that what they’re wearing is in fact LV women’s (women’s with men’s though, different story). Plus it would be foolish for LVMH to swipe Nicolas for Pharrell because then you have zero brand diversity. You’ll lose audience in favour for catering to just one.

Maybe Gucci should separate men's and women's like Vuitton and Dior with 2 CD
Like they did when Tom left…Maybe. But again we are making all those suggestions because Sabato is not delivering. If his collections were good, we wouldn’t be talking about them that way. So either way, his presence on the equation is not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->