Louis Vuitton S/S 2024 Paris

First thing's first: I loved the energy of the show!

As for the collection, I have mixed feelings. On the whole, I really like NG's different proposals again, this mix of multiple references, etc. However, it didn't work for a lot of the looks. Some are simply gorgeous and others a bit flat imo.

The accessories were really good and you can see that he's again tapped into what he did at Balenciaga for the shoes (on the flip side, they look anything but comfortable).

One of my favorite collections of the season. Color palette was kinda off in many looks (the pastels didn't really work for me), but there's a lot to love - in particular the second half.

I feel like everything he does in black or black + white looks great but when he goes full color, it's always a mystery... I do really appreciate the risk-taking, though. He's always pushing us when it comes to taste so I'm here for it. Need some time to digest but that's a good thing about him - his complicated approach seems more believable than Blazy's for example.

hmm… Im having mixed feelings. it felt very NG but somewhat dated.

Some individual pieces were stunning like the skirt on Ida Heiner (Look 1) and the red top on Sora Choi (the yellow version was not as good), for example. Awar’s full look was the best and it was incredibly beautiful. I felt that this look was a nod to MJ’s days. One of the blue-ish silver-ish dress towards the end was also very very good.

The belts in the first segment were nothing but horrible but the bags were great!

thumbs up for the soundtrack!

The first few looks are very feminine, unlike many NG's "street warrior" looks. The black leather corset + silk skirt combo is perfection.

Then he showed the standard issue "big shoulders" jackets. Why do we still see them on runway shows? They are simply ugly and I've never seen a real person outside the fashion world wearing them.

Minor complaint on the hip belts...they reminded me of the elastic bands we wear after delivering babies to stabilize hip bones :downcastwsweat:

The energy is definitely great vibes here. It's a collection with hits and miss. Some of those belt looks work. He always have me question the mixed prints which is still puzzling. Seems like they really want to push event dressing and minaudières which are quite nice actually. I hate the shoes. God.

Spotted Pharrell in possibly his own LV design and the tailoring is a mess.

Of course Zendaya is wearing Louis Vuitton custom made as it’s the only way someone can pull of what Nicholas is offering recently

Wait I like it. The opening looks feel important and like the Spring look. the shoes are monstrous.

^^^ Absolutely!

Bigtime trolling: That dumb cheap shoe with the strangled big toe alone trumps Demna’s hardcore trolling with his bigfoot sneaker. This is what I’d imagine the discount rack at Macy’s in 1983 would resemble. That, or Hawkins High School fashion show using Vogue Patterns would look like. Hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->