Louis Vuitton S/S 2024 Paris

One thing about Nicholas is that he will experiment with design patterns and colours.

I would say however, that I feel he over experiments sometimes and it leads to his work looking a bit disjointed.

Nevertheless, true creatives like him should be applauded for continuing to push boundaries and further the fashion conversation.

That orange background though, is quite distracting and actually illuminates unfavourably on the clothes.

I like a lot of the more streamlined, black and white looks. The more vibrant, pastel ones have some nice moments (i.e. the mini dresses in the middle section) but the first section with the clashing pattern and those ridiculously styled belts are an eyesore. I do however would love to see those looks in monochromatic palette though because the silhouette is very interesting. The same goes to the looks with the high-waisted pants, without the clownish stripes, those could’ve been winning looks. I am most obsessed with Mica’s look though. That kind of remarkable androgyny is what many people overlook when it comes to his offerings at LV. Once again, they should’ve given him the menswear as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a lot of the more streamlined, black and white looks. The more vibrant, pastel ones have some nice moments (i.e. the mini dresses in the middle section) but the first section with the clashing pattern and those ridiculously styled belts are an eyesore. I do however would love to see those looks in monochromatic palette though because the silhouette is very interesting. The same goes to the looks with the high-waisted pants, without the clownish stripes, those could’ve been winning looks. I am most obsessed with Mica’s look though. That kind of remarkable androgyny is what ironically many people overlook when it comes to his offerings at LV. Once again, they should’ve given him the menswear as well.

I agree very much with this analysis.

He started off very rough with the first offerings that had those belts, but closed out very well.

The question however is why the season is called Spring/Summer when no designer seems to care for it.

It's frumpy as all hell but it's also difficult to hate. But it seems beneath Ghesquire tbh

I loved it…
I didn’t expect such a calm energy, soft energy from Nicolas.
The opening looks reminded of his time at Callaghan where he really focused on the dropped waist. I think it’s a fabulous and clever exercise of flou and styling. Even if I have some flou and blouses from Nicolas, there’s always that tension with androgyny. I love the sequins towards the end. It’s a very layered collection but at the same time, there are a lot of soft fabrics so it’s quite enjoyable.

I wasn’t convinced by the yellow mini ensemble with the big jacket and the white dress with the blue panel…The kind of bustier-ish tops he likes to do are quite horrendous too.

Overall, in terms of pieces, I enjoy this collection more than FW2023.

It’s funny but I think that the collection would have had a different feeling with a more glamorous cast.

I love that Pietro Beccari is so supportive of him and I love that Nicolas is still pushing himself. At this point I don’t think I will ever get tired of him exploring the 80’s because he is challenging himself and my taste everytime.

It’s not always perfect but that’s ok because creativity means risks and mistakes.

‘Not only because I buy the clothes but obviously, he is happy and his Vuitton is successful. He could have been safe, send us the whole store like at Dior and Valentino or give us familiar silhouettes that people will always love but he is still willing to try.

‘I believe in fashion with a capital F and this is it. A real strong POV, always divisive funny enough.

‘Those 10 years past so fast and I feel like he still has more to give.

Loved it. I feel like I haven't seen this type of femininity in his collections in a while. The energy seemed different here compared to his other LV shows. It was soft but still experimental in nature, so it made the few misses tolerable.

I loved it...it might be one of my fave Vuitton collections - up there with Fall/Winter 2014, Spring/Summer 2017, and Spring/Summer 2018. There's an interesting mix between the 60s and 80s here - with a touch of the 2000s in the corset and pants look.

I remember that trend in the first 5 looks I think it was around in the 80s or 90s. As a whole its rather cluttered.

with the strangled big toe
:rofllaughing:

That's my pet peeve (if it shows only.... who am I to judge with my strangled ankles lol!).

Something about this entire collection really bothers me.. it's so.. fashion-y, very.... boutique owner, intern, fashion school student. It's just too damn corny but forward enough to make it push it to obnoxious heights.

I like the louche, vintagey feel of this very much overall - it's what a lot of rich girls are wearing in summer these days, and it's a cut above brands like Batsheva who try to do elements of the same thing. Can see why people object to it, but I don't find the fantasy too much at all.

Embroidery Details by Jean Pierre Ollier !

JEAN PIERRE OLLIER

Lucky are those clients that will get it through special orders.

I saw a client in the videos who was wearing the gold jacket from spring 2017, I was like « That’s my girl ».

‘I wonder how those pieces are going to be translated in their commercial version…Cotton tweed or printed silk?

Those shiny blouses with stripes were also quite exceptional!

I think this collection will appeal maybe to more women than spring 2023 that was really about novelty kind of pieces (even the commercial version). Flowy silhouettes for summer is kind of obvious but not many people showed that this season.

I don't understand how such a brilliant designer can release such hideous collections, one after the other. His Louis Vuitton is tired and irrelevant. Such a shame for the master who shaped such an important era of fashion during his Balenciaga tenure. It's been a while he has stopped pushing himself at LV. Now, it's gimmick after gimmick with a touch of lame. Make it stop, please. Nicolas, you've given enough to this industry. It's okay to retire.

Nicolas...how to say this??...you had to make a collection for spring-summer 2024...not spring-summer 1984!!!

Time to get inside your DeLorean back to the present!!

There’s a few good gems here. That leather corset dress with the brooch buttons is really nice as well as the variation in silk, but it’s a shame the later looked so crumply and untidy and the little suspender on them just added to the clutter.

Looks 27 and 28 were also beautiful but didn't need those ugly white tights, again clutter.

The black suit and the 2 embellished pantsuits towards the end though were all stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leopards00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->