Louis Vuitton To Stream Live Its Spring 2010 Show on Facebook

Fernini

Reaction score
Marc Jacobs' spring/summer 2010 collection for the French house will be shown live on its Facebook page on Wednesday at 2.30 pm Paris time. Watchers will be able to comment live on the collection as it happens - a format that was successful at Burberry - and will also be able to watch the collection film on demand for 24 hours.

vogue.co.uk

not a fan of these so called 'luxury' brands pimping themselves to anyone and everyone just to get sales up. it's business after all, but it does lose a lot of its prestige. but then again, its lv

It's a very interesting tactic. However, what annoyed me the most was during the Burberry livecast, the comments were too extreme for what was actually going on. One person was "shaking and crying" over Burberry - over Burberry..... !

I do hope that the collection and show will at least be interesting. I'm definitely excited for McQueen's livecast though!

^^ How are they pimping themselves out? And how does it lose it's prestige?
I understand that LV having a Facebook is a little weird, and it would've been fine at their own website... but I think that everybody would want to see the show as it happens. The sooner the better, I say.

wow, that'd be cool. though sometimes the streaming's speed on facebook is kinda's slow.

It's a very interesting tactic. However, what annoyed me the most was during the Burberry livecast, the comments were too extreme for what was actually going on. One person was "shaking and crying" over Burberry - over Burberry..... !

I do hope that the collection and show will at least be interesting. I'm definitely excited for McQueen's livecast though!

lol "shaking and crying" haha that's kinda extreme... and ridiculous.

I don't think LV can do much to loose any of its prestige. It's such an institution that something major would have to happen for its prestige to go down.

the "shaking and crying" thing is sort of an internet meme nowadays. it's especially overused at ONTD. they were most likely being sarcastic.

^yeah, on fashin fags there's a lot of that ...
Don't think they are actually crying and shaking. It's just stupid.

Hahaha, you just reminded of when I watched DVF on a live stream, the chat was going insane. Fashion freaks !

Last edited by a moderator:
the "shaking and crying" thing is sort of an internet meme nowadays. it's especially overused at ONTD. they were most likely being sarcastic.

While I do understand they were most likely not "shaking and crying", I do believe it was a sincere reflection of how they were feeling. Of course there was so much "OMG" and of course much more focus on the models than the girls. It was just too much. I think perhaps they were overwhelmed since it was a livecast, but at the end of the day, it was just Burberry! :neutral:

I can almost feel the chat for Louis Vuitton being 100000000 x worse than that, but that won't stop me from watching.

I hear McQueen is also broadcasting live

Wow, I do hope this is true.

Talking about Burberry's live broadcast, I stopped watching all together after people were posting "i die!" or "weeeping with happiness" or "those trench coats are making me cry". the collection was good, but those people could not be serious, but im guessing half of them were serious. i mean, we see it all time here at the forums when a collection is posted up, i guess it's not any different from a chat of a live broadcast.

Wow, I do hope this is true.

Talking about Burberry's live broadcast, I stopped watching all together after people were posting "i die!" or "weeeping with happiness" or "those trench coats are making me cry". the collection was good, but those people could not be serious, but im guessing half of them were serious. i mean, we see it all time here at the forums when a collection is posted up, i guess it's not any different from a chat of a live broadcast.

It is true:
http://alexandermcqueenlive.showstudio.com/

And yes, it was way too much!

omg im shaking and queefing for mcqueen tbqh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->