Louis Vuitton's Massive New York Party

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Does It Get Any Better?
Probably not. The scene at last night’s massive LV party

NEW YORK: Wednesday, February 11, 2004

WHAT: Louis Vuitton’s doubled-up party for its largest store opening and it’s 150th birthday

WHERE: 5th and 57th, and Lincoln Center

SCENE:  It was the most anticipated event of New York’s fashion week, and it didn’t disappoint.  Louis Vuitton’s simultaneous celebration of its largest store in the world  and its 150th birthday brought out the biggest hitters that Fashion and New York could muster.  The evening started out in an absurdly desperate way:  the three story behemoth on 5th Avenue and 57th Street was both flooded and emptied of thousands of VIPs within a matter of minutes.  No one knew where to look, much less how to move.  The only ticket out of misery was a leather bracelet issued as VIP entry to Lincoln Center where the evening took a decidedly glamorous turn.  Under twinkling lights and an enormous space, the best names in the business guzzled champagne, mingled with celebs and lived the luxe life that the Louis Vuitton brand embodies.  The finale was a 20 minute spectacle blending live performance with surreal video on a giant surround-sound screen which traced the history of the brand while acrobats flew into the air, a hot air balloon ignited into the sky and a giant earth floated above the audience as a reminder of LVMH’s global domination.  Oh, and then the Harlem gospel band broke into “Happy Birthday” as an Eiffel Tower was constructed out of Louis Vuitton vintage luggage.  Audacious, delicious, completely glamorous.

FOOD: Seared tuna on pomme frites, lobster daikon salmon rolls, pistachio crusted foie gras, and truffled grilled cheese

SEEN:
Maggie Gyllenhaal in LV gold genie pants

Ray Liotta with Donna

Patti Hansen and her daughter posing sultrily

Helen Arnault in diplomatic attire of a short pleated black skirt with jewel encrusted black jacket ( “It’s a mixture! I’m wearing a Vuitton skirt and a Dior jacket”)

Kristin Davis, who made a quick change from her Narciso gear into open toed pink Vuitton pumps with matching LV silver bag

Helen Shifter, modeling the gold leaf LV mini bag

Ahn Duong in a cream bouclé suit with white LV bag with gold trim

Marc Jacobs in baggy pants and tennis shoes, talking to every editor in town

Marc Jacobs and Kate Betts discussing his crazy work schedule

Eve and Molly Sims comparing work schedules and the demands of show biz :rolleyes: :yuk:

Kirsten Dunst, with a pixie cut and navy satin dress

The new LV bag in every incarnation possible

HEARD:
What’s your favorite Louis Vuitton item?
Margherita Missoni: “A vintage hard-cased suitcase that my grandpa bought.”

Angie Harmon: “A black doctor’s bag I got last season. No one had it. We’re so inundated with product, I’m thrilled to have something that one else has.”

Joe Zee: “My monogrammed dog carrier for my mini pinscher.”

Donna Karan: “Bernard Arnault.”

Angie Harmon
That’s a fabulous bag (she was carrying the charming mini crocodile trunk purse with 24 k gold trim), isn’t that your favorite?
“Yeah, I like it too. It’s new. It was a cheap twelve grand. So I said, ‘I’ll take two.’”
Pointing to LV’s new tortoise shell platform velvet mules: “At first I saw these and I said ‘eeeewwww!’.  But now I love them.  I think I’ve got to get them.”

Yves Carcelle
On the new store: “It’s a unique opportunity for us, on the most magical corner in the world.  Oh, I see Bernardo coming!  I must go!”

Kristen Davis
What is your favorite LV purchase or gift?:
(In between frantic calls to friends) “I lost all my friends, we didn't even get into the store because of the fire marshalls. But I bought—full price—the Murakami pouch bag with the cute bow for Charlotte as I thought it would be something she’d love.  This new silver bag I have is beautiful so that’s probably my new favorite now.”

Eve
"It has to be the amazing luggage left on my hotel room bed. it is beautiful, I’ll keep it forever. I got the works.”

Mya
”My full set of luggage, a trunk and all. I bought it myself and always use it when I travel.”

Molly Sims
”That is the hardest question. I think all of the clothing, I have stuff from years back I still wear.”

Carine Roitfeld
”I have so much, not speaking in terms of trend pieces, I would say the photography bag.”

Kirsten Dunst
”A jacket from the spring collection with a Victorian-style collar. It is simply beautiful.”

Glenda Bailey
“This trench I am wearing.  I imagine it’s now considered vintage, but I still wear it a lot.”
J.J. MARTIN AND TANYA JENSEN

post-9-1076733666.jpg

sorry
but who is that chic in the middle?
i think i like her top :flower:

You're right it is Maggie G, and I love her style - she's growing on me :blush:

That's Maggie G.
After seeing the Secretary, I absolutly fell in love with her.....
but she's not in the movie anymore, MUST she slouch?

EVE looks extremely cheap.. now SHE is someone who def does NOt fit into that LV image. my opinion. :yuk:

im waiting for the PARIS flagship to open next year :innocent:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 15th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
EVE looks extremely cheap.. now SHE is someone who def does NOt fit into that LV image. my opinion. :yuk:
AGREED! I don't like how she just piles everything on.... like she tries to load up on glamour but it just turns out trashy...

:o When is the Paris flagship opening?!

Originally posted by Fujyn@Feb 15th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
JLO was not invited, how this possible ? :wacko: !!!! :P
Maybe they were afraid she'd take all the hors d'oeuvres home with her.

Originally posted by meowmix+Feb 15th, 2004 - 9:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 9:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Feb 15th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
AGREED! I don't like how she just piles everything on.... like she tries to load up on glamour but it just turns out trashy...

:o When is the Paris flagship opening?! [/b][/quote]
i wonder if she got a stylist. that HAIR is a threat to humanity. at least she should have done it right JUST for that event :sick: DURACELL HAIR :innocent:

all i know is that LV PARIS will open next year and will be the biggest once its open :woot:

Originally posted by HBoogie+Feb 15th, 2004 - 4:01 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 4:01 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fujyn@Feb 15th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
JLO was not invited, how this possible ? :wacko: !!!! :P
Maybe they were afraid she'd take all the hors d'oeuvres home with her. [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Originally posted by LavenderPineappleCitrus+Feb 14th, 2004 - 11:09 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LavenderPineappleCitrus @ Feb 14th, 2004 - 11:09 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tortoisie@Feb 14th, 2004 - 10:27 pm
but who is that chic in the middle?
i think i like her top :flower:
That is Maggie Gyllenahal (sp?)...I think at least. [/b][/quote]
I have a topic on her style... :innocent:

Originally posted by Belowen+Feb 15th, 2004 - 10:01 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belowen @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 10:01 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Feb 16th, 2004 - 5:19 am
DURACELL HAIR :innocent:

:rofl: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: ghett-TOwwwwww :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->